Author Topic: First Round Game 7: Atlanta Hawks at Boston Celtics 5/4/08 (1:00pm, ABC)  (Read 75969 times)

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
*sigh*. I'm relieved. Let's start off fresh against the Cavs. Do you guys know when game 1 is?
Tuesday night they start game1 in the Cavs series

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Great defense is forcing long contested jump shots not giving up lots of shots around the rim. This wasn't great defense.

And DOC; Don't even get me started...

Just a lucky win...

give me a break....a lucky 30+ point win...

some people can never just appreciate a great game i guess. I'm with roy, i don't know what more you guys wanted out of this team in this specific game.

over the series, i have some things im disappointed in. To call this a lucky win? lol.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Great defense is forcing long contested jump shots not giving up lots of shots around the rim. This wasn't great defense.

Just a lucky win...

I think fan33 was being sarcastic.  He was gently poking fun at those criticizing both Doc and the defense, I think.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
ah, i take it back then, just so hammered by the (deserved) negitivey over the last few days my sarcasm meter malfunctioned  ;D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

Just a lucky win...

I think fan33 was being sarcastic.  He was gently poking fun at those criticizing both Doc and the defense, I think.

I hope!
When you love life, life loves you right back

Offline DingDongDel

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Can someone please find the clip of KG's pick on Zaza? Incredible.

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Is it wrong that this pick and his head flopping around like a fish out of water made me laugh and the grin is still on my face?!

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
ah, i take it back then, just so hammered by the (deserved) negitivey over the last few days my sarcasm meter malfunctioned  ;D

or are you just hammered? =) jk of course
When you love life, life loves you right back

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Is it wrong that this pick and his head flopping around like a fish out of water made me laugh and the grin is still on my face?!

I concur, EJ .... the best part was the announcer explaining that it was completely legal, and KG totally avoiding eye contact with Za Za ... I certainly have a new respect for this Hawks team, (Johnson is phenomenal), but I don't like them ... at ALL! (Especially Horford and his arrogant gums flapping, Bibby's ugly grimace, and Pachulia's blank stare). Ahhh ... I feel better now.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jwpaWFAFH7w
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Don't forget Al mugging for the cameras.

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jwpaWFAFH7w

This is SOOO sweet, man .... love it! TP

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I haven't been so happy since game 2. Can't wait for Tuesday.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
;D

Wow. Great team effort. Great defense, great attitude...

I know people were saying that no matter what the outcome was today the damage was done to this Celtics team and there was no way we were going to the finals, but I think this team got some respect back today.

17 might or might not be just around the corner, but it definetly hasn't been this close for a long time.

I think "The Captain" said it best saying,"I'm glad we went to a game 7 and used the challenge to prove to ourselves we can overcome adversity and the memory of that will serve us well as a team going on throught these playoffs'!

Yeah, the Championship goes through Boston with our home court advantage in a game 7! Bring it to the Garden and I'm highly confident these Celtics win that game against ANY team in the NBA!

I love the drama!

I love this game!!!

-Go Celtics-
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Have to say, Bennett and the crew did a good job, and let the boys play on both ends .... good officiating today. Despite the big win, I'm still not real pleased with Doc .... some really questionable rotation, even though the level of play from the bench bailed him out a bit. Hope there are better adjustments on Tuesday.

* BAHKU MUSIC *