24 (19.8%)
Nets
24 (19.8%)
Clippers
6 (5%)
Other
12 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)  (Read 145611 times)

Re: This is why I don't want to sign Kyrie
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2019, 10:15:23 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I just want this season over. Looking forward to whatever lies ahead. But this team is not much of anything. Blow big losses, no chemistry, Brad looks lost.

Get this over with one way of the other.

Yes.  I've rooted for the C's since the late '60's and I absolutely hate this team.  The team loses on a 30-5 run and the team's leader blames the coach?  Kyrie Irving is a POS.

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2019, 10:18:09 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
If the OP doesn't like Kyrie then that's ok. It's his prerogative.

If the OP thinks we're going ANYWHERE without Kyrie, well -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8cq9y3QagI

LOOK - If YOU want to eat the steak then go ahead. Enjoy that wine, too.

I'll stay on the Kyrie bandwagon.

We went to the Eastern Conference Finals without Kyrie last year. And we have three first round draft picks this year.

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2019, 10:33:30 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
I just want this season over. Looking forward to whatever lies ahead. But this team is not much of anything. Blow big losses, no chemistry, Brad looks lost.

Get this over with one way of the other.

agreed

brad has shown time and time again, weak on discipline and adjusting. he continually allows them to jack up lazy threes when they are not falling with no emphasis on getting to the hoop or teaching them when to try something else ad stick with what is working. sure we have other issues also no doubt.

The word on Stevens is he has always been tough on guys but doesn't show it to the public. I think he's trapped. Kyrie is the lever for all of the stuff you are talking about.

The team is on a razor's edge with him, and he does not appear to be someone that takes criticism well. If Kyrie decides to turns him off more persistently, it becomes a full fledged disaster.

This is the problem with the league. Kyrie is a great basketball player, not an elite general manager. But because of his contract situation and the marginal power of superstars, he holds the short term future of the franchise in his hands, and there is nothing that Ainge or Stevens can do about it.

I see zero evolution from Kyrie. He's gotten slightly more awesome at what he's always been awesome at. He hasn't gotten one iota better at learning how to use his other teammates or run the team.

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2019, 10:39:13 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Unless Kyrie is going to play properly in the playoffs

No interest in resigning him

He doesnt know how to win leading a team. A far better robin than batman

Liability on the defensive end late in games

Doesnt pass the ball with less than 3 min left....  look at me everybody mentality

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2019, 10:42:56 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
What happens with the salary cap if he walks?  I'm no expert but I don't think it's as simple as all of a sudden having that money to spend on another player.  Am I wrong?

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2019, 10:45:48 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
What happens with the salary cap if he walks?  I'm no expert but I don't think it's as simple as all of a sudden having that money to spend on another player.  Am I wrong?

Not sure

But I would try to sign Middleton

Or try to trade for Beal

These guys would fit well with this team. Team 1st but can catch fire on their own

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2019, 10:49:13 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Kyrie threw Brad under the bus again after the game. Criticized team for not trapping Walker on defense.

at some point this coach should be held accountable, hopefully by danny but the fans too.

they play undisciplined on both ends of the court, it's a free for all... everyone doing their own thing. THAT'S A COACHING ISSUE!

as far as the actual comment from kyrie specifically - he's right. steven's is supposed to be a defensive coach and this defense looks horrible.

the end of game defense on kemba was particularly horrible and a perfect example of sometimes you have to change things up. kemba abused tatum every time on the switch. after a time out you'd think we would've said "keep smart on kemba" or "don't switch" or "trap kemba", no instead we switch again and everyone on the hornets chuckles and proceeds to score and go ahead.

see in this fantasy land in which I clearly live this guy would get fired by season's end. the reality in which you all live this guy deserves a raise and should go unchecked at every turn. you realists are the reason why we don't hire the best person for the job any more.

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2019, 10:52:49 AM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
If they let him walk then all they're dealing with is Hayward's contract for 2 more years.

They got off track with the "win right now or bust" mentality and stuffing mismatched parts in front of the guys they should have just given the keys to.

It would have been a much more fun ride too...like watching the IT team. We knew that team wasn't gonna win a ring, but this whole area got behind that team and was excited for them.

They lost the whole plot. I'm a firm believer that a team has to grow together for a few years to win it all.

08 was an exception.

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2019, 10:55:24 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Kyrie threw Brad under the bus again after the game. Criticized team for not trapping Walker on defense.

I don't blame Kyrie. Brad deserves to be thrown under the bus time and time again.

He's an awful coach.

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2019, 10:56:03 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

I am right there with you!

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2019, 10:56:53 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

This take seems a bit extreme since the same team made it to game 7 of the ECF without Kyrie or Hayward just last season.

In a very watered down Eastern Conference.

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2019, 10:58:28 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
The first time I ever saw Kyrie was the world games or Olympics, whatever that was.  I saw his talent but the only reason I watched is because they were struggling and I was curious.  What I saw was exactly what we 're going through right now. That was probably 7 years ago.

Lebron being a playmaker with the clout to actually reign Kyrie in, is what worked for them.

I don't see this team or next year with AD able to do that. I think being mesmerized by his talent has blinded everyone to the fact he doesn't fit Brad or this team.

And mind you, that olympics team was filled with the best talent in the NBA at the time, but still struggled with Kyrie controlling everyone's looks at the basket.

Then it's time for Brad to go, not Kyrie.

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2019, 11:01:35 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
The first time I ever saw Kyrie was the world games or Olympics, whatever that was.  I saw his talent but the only reason I watched is because they were struggling and I was curious.  What I saw was exactly what we 're going through right now. That was probably 7 years ago.

Lebron being a playmaker with the clout to actually reign Kyrie in, is what worked for them.

I don't see this team or next year with AD able to do that. I think being mesmerized by his talent has blinded everyone to the fact he doesn't fit Brad or this team.

And mind you, that olympics team was filled with the best talent in the NBA at the time, but still struggled with Kyrie controlling everyone's looks at the basket.

Then it's time for Brad to go, not Kyrie.

ehh superstar's are a dime a dozen... but coaches? where are ya gonna find one of those??!!?!?

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2019, 11:10:51 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Kyrie threw Brad under bus again post game, saying our defensive scheme didn’t trap Walker.

Wonder if Kyrie tells Danny “him or me” when season ends.

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2019, 11:19:51 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Kyrie threw Brad under bus again post game, saying our defensive scheme didn’t trap Walker.

Wonder if Kyrie tells Danny “him or me” when season ends.

Danny says ok

and just doesn't return Irving call

CBS is #1 on the list for Danny, end of story

the situation now is.....either go far in the playoffs with this unit/grow from it

OR things stay the same as it is, likely an early exit in the playoffs and Irving, Morris are not brought back