Author Topic: Fantasy Football Feedback  (Read 33455 times)

Re: Fantasy Football Feedback
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2008, 09:49:14 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
pick two:

Roy Williams @ SF
Chad Johnson @ NYG
Santana Moss @ ARI

Williams and Moss.

Moss will get at least one big play vs. Arizona's corners...they get burnt a lot.

Also his name is Ocho Cinco. I know right...

« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2008, 10:41:49 PM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Thought I'd ask a question: guy in my league has Marvin Harrison, and publicly said something along the lines of, "I hope he gets injured soon, so I can just drop him; he sucks."

Was thinking of offering him Roddy White, who is my 3rd receiver (behind Santonio Holmes and Donald Driver). We start 2 WRs plus a flex (I have a stable of RBs; I just rotate a RB into the flex spot depending on the week's matchups).

So, Roddy for Marvin: make the offer, or stay put?

There is more of a chance that Marvin starts playing well.  Marvin doesn't look bad, I think part of it is the timing thing with Saturday gone (who is back this week).  I have Marvin and I'm not dumping him.    

Take the guy with the better QB.  

I wouldn't bother. Roddy White could have a big game this week against 2 rookie CB's, wait it out and see. Manning spreads the ball around a lot and Anthony Gonzalez is really starting to produce. Stick with the guy who has some upside. Marvin Harrison is not the Marvin of old.

I hope your wrong.  I'm hoping that AGon was getting catches because the offensive line and timing of the snap was off so Peyton was throwing to the guy who could get open fast. 

We'll see.

« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2008, 09:55:40 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
I have a dilemma and I keep changing each day...So help me out.

Roethlisberger v. a very good philly d (Despite what Dallas did to them)
or
Rivers v. Jets.

At WR: 
I have S. Moss v. a bad d in Arizona
Steve Smith v. Minn
C. Chambers v. Jets
Torry Holt v. Seattle
and more as a long shot Anthony Gonzalez v. Jacksonville.

I need 3 of those WR.  And I have them in that order. 

RB
Less of a dilemma because I have Westbrook and Willie Parker.  I dont think I can possibly bench either but I have Chris Johnson sitting on my bench.

Any help would be appreciated

« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2008, 11:26:10 AM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings

or
Rivers v. Jets.

At WR: 
Steve Smith v. Minn
C. Chambers v. Jets
Torry Holt v. Seattle

RB
Less of a dilemma because I have Westbrook and Willie Parker.  I dont think I can possibly bench either but I have Chris Johnson sitting on my bench.

I'd play Chris Johnson over Willie Parker...Houston's one game this year they gave up 166 yrds and 3 rushing TD's...im betting he goes off today. Also Moss, Smith and Chambers...I'd go with what you have ranked there like you said.

River vs Burgerboy is a tough one. Eagles have issues in their secondary, saftey wise, and they can def be thrown on. Both teams should be putting the ball in the air a lot. Think you'll be safe with either one.

« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2008, 09:07:17 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Oh man, so Roy Williams has been killing me... I ended up just cutting ties and trading him for Jeremy Shockey! Now, After Sunday Shockey is out for a month!

I have Whitten who doesn't have a "bye" until week 10. Do you think I should hold on to Shockey or cut ties and address other needs?

« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2008, 09:09:27 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

or
Rivers v. Jets.

At WR: 
Steve Smith v. Minn
C. Chambers v. Jets
Torry Holt v. Seattle

RB

Oh boy, I hope you didn't go with Big Ben  :-\

« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2008, 09:16:12 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Oh man, so Roy Williams has been killing me... I ended up just cutting ties and trading him for Jeremy Shockey! Now, After Sunday Shockey is out for a month!

I have Whitten who doesn't have a "bye" until week 10. Do you think I should hold on to Shockey or cut ties and address other needs?

If you can get value for him, I'd trade him.  I think, though, that people will low ball you, so you're probably best stashing him on your roster.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2008, 09:24:04 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

If you can get value for him, I'd trade him.  I think, though, that people will low ball you, so you're probably best stashing him on your roster.

I suppose I'll have to see whats in free agency after Waivers... The best waiver claim for WR, in my league, is that kid Stuckey from the Jets... My receivers have been mediocre at best, thank goodness I have my RB's Barber, Bush, Portis, Julius Jones and Jerious Norwood carrying my team to its 3rd straight victory.

« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2008, 10:11:54 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen

or
Rivers v. Jets.

At WR: 
Steve Smith v. Minn
C. Chambers v. Jets
Torry Holt v. Seattle

RB

Oh boy, I hope you didn't go with Big Ben  :-\

I ended up getting the win.  went with rivers, the top 3 wr's there which were all the right moves.  the RB I went with parker and westbrook, neither of them had good games, but i got the win so it didnt matter to much.  I should have played Lendale White, but I never even considered him. 

« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2008, 11:21:42 PM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Thought I'd ask a question: guy in my league has Marvin Harrison, and publicly said something along the lines of, "I hope he gets injured soon, so I can just drop him; he sucks."

Was thinking of offering him Roddy White, who is my 3rd receiver (behind Santonio Holmes and Donald Driver). We start 2 WRs plus a flex (I have a stable of RBs; I just rotate a RB into the flex spot depending on the week's matchups).

So, Roddy for Marvin: make the offer, or stay put?

There is more of a chance that Marvin starts playing well.  Marvin doesn't look bad, I think part of it is the timing thing with Saturday gone (who is back this week).  I have Marvin and I'm not dumping him.    

Take the guy with the better QB.  

I wouldn't bother. Roddy White could have a big game this week against 2 rookie CB's, wait it out and see. Manning spreads the ball around a lot and Anthony Gonzalez is really starting to produce. Stick with the guy who has some upside. Marvin Harrison is not the Marvin of old.

I hope your wrong.  I'm hoping that AGon was getting catches because the offensive line and timing of the snap was off so Peyton was throwing to the guy who could get open fast. 

We'll see.

They both had good games.  I think they're equal right now. 

« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2008, 11:23:12 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Brian Griese vs GB (missing Al Harris)
or
Derek Anderson Vs Cincy

If the browns were playing anyone else besides cincy or detroit I'd play the greasemonkey, but against cincy, and a very urgent probowler? I think Anderson has the ability to go off this week.

Thoughts?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2008, 12:04:34 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Kellen Winslow (against Cincy) or Tony Schleffer (against KC)?

Winslow has been doing nothing this year with Derek Anderson and the Browns playing like garbage, but he's done well in the last few years for me so I feel as "unloyal" as you can get with a fantasy player if I bench him. Maybe I'm taking the fantasy thing too far..

« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2008, 12:25:10 PM »

Offline jimmyt

• Author
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 2500
or
Derek Anderson Vs Cincy

If the browns were playing anyone else besides cincy or detroit I'd play the greasemonkey, but against cincy, and a very urgent probowler? I think Anderson has the ability to go off this week.

Thoughts?

I have Derek Anderson, so I know how much he sucks, however, I feel like this is the week he performs well. He doesnt really have a choice because if he plays bad he will be benched for Brady Quinn. Anderson had great stats against Cincinnati last year. I'd start Anderson

« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2008, 12:48:01 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
or
Derek Anderson Vs Cincy

Thoughts?

I wasnt going to answer this since we are playing against each other, but it turns out this is for a different league.

I think you go with Griese.  My initial reaction is go with Anderson since he has the track record (last year) but I really think he is on about as short a leashe as you can get.  If Anderson struggles, I dont think they hesitate to give the ball to Quinn.

« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2008, 03:46:52 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Just traded Donald Driver for Marvin Harrison. Good move, bad, or indifferent?

My other two WRs are Santonio Holmes and Roddy White. I start two WRs, plus a flex position.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague