Author Topic: Fantasy football help  (Read 3723 times)

Fantasy football help
« on: August 18, 2008, 12:50:27 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
I was hoping you guys could help me out with something.  My Fantasy football league is looking to leave Yahoo and move to ESPN (we need some options that Yahoo doesn't provide) but we heard bad things about ESPN.  Basically we've heard that the site gets jammed up on sundays and you cannot get on it.  Has anyone used ESPN and do they have this problem?  Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Re: Fantasy football help
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 12:56:24 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Even if it does... Fantasy football can be avoided on Sunday by preparing ahead of time and avoiding Sunday surfing altogether...

I will say this ESPN has by far the best Fantasy sports setup that I've seen.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 02:27:20 PM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I also use Y! but I think a switch will be coming soon to espn.  They have seriously stepped up their game.  I could imagine that the increase in content will also mean a step up in Sunday performance as well.

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 02:30:19 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
I use both. I'm really leaning towards ESPN as the go to fantasy site these days. Yahoo! has fallen behind with their layouts and stat-tracker...ESPN has the edge.

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 03:59:58 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
ive experienced the oposite of what ur saying, every week last year i spent watching to live game tracking they had, and it always worked good

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 06:32:31 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
For about 5 years I used Yahoo as my fantasy hosting site. After some frustration with it, I switched to ESPN last year. I loved it. There are a few things different, but overall it's much superior. The thing I like most is the free stat tracker.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 11:07:25 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
Thanks for the info guys. From what I could tell ESPN seemed a lot better I just wanted to find out about their server reliability durring the season.