Author Topic: With the draft approaching, what are your thoughts?  (Read 10268 times)

Re: Anyone else excited about the draft?
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2019, 03:27:16 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2019, 03:32:37 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Yes, I am too. The team is deciding on a new direction and the draft is the first opportunity to do that. Free agency will be bigger unless the draft springs a surprise ... but it is fun to see new beginnings.

Bring on the draft!

Yup! I enjoy new beginnings not just for the C's but for NBA entertainment in general.

And for the C's, having 3 first round picks is much more fun than 0 first round picks! There are a lot of intriguing big man projects and wing role players to be had in the first 30-35 picks in this draft.

I hope we grab a shooter, a Big and best available with the 3 picks.

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2019, 03:34:36 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Adam Kaufman

Verified account

@AdamMKaufman
 4m4 minutes ago
More Adam Kaufman Retweeted Adam Himmelsbach
If the #Celtics are to trade up to No. 4, which I doubt, Jaylen Brown is the guy moving...

Am I the only one who thinks trading JB would be a bad move?

Nope.

Gotta keep JB. He is a better prospect than everyone in this draft outside of Zion and maybe/probably Morant.

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2019, 09:08:27 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Adam Kaufman

Verified account

@AdamMKaufman
 4m4 minutes ago
If the #Celtics are to trade up to No. 4, which I doubt, Jaylen Brown is the guy moving...

I’d trade him for a top 3 pick and I’d give Ainge the evenefit of the doubt if he went for #4, but were I calling the shots I’d accept nothing less than #3 and I wouldn’t feel like I was getting a steal even at #2 because I’d take Barrett either way.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2019, 09:09:35 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Adam Kaufman

Verified account

@AdamMKaufman
 4m4 minutes ago

Nope.

Gotta keep JB. He is a better prospect than everyone in this draft outside of Zion and maybe/probably Morant.

+1 - Keep Brown.

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2019, 09:16:01 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
I don't about everyone else, but I'm always excited for the draft when we have picks that year. Like last year, it was so hype when RWIII, a lotto talent, fell to us at #27. It's fun to watch a bunch of film on the guys you drafted, gushing about their strengths and trivializing their weaknesses.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2019, 09:17:30 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I don't about everyone else, but I'm always excited for the draft when we have picks that year. Like last year, it was so hype when RWIII, a lotto talent, fell to us at #27. It's fun to watch a bunch of film on the guys you drafted, gushing about their strengths and trivializing their weaknesses.
Yeah, I love the cycle of getting overly excited about players, most of whom won't play for us anyway.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2019, 09:36:12 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

It's totally awesome! They could always be good until they aren't which could take years to figure out unless it's James Young.

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2019, 09:58:20 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Wouldn't it be cool if somehow....maybe almost by mistake or other complication that Ainge didn't pick:
A streaky combo guard
A guy that has to marinate in Turkey for two years
A guy we really haven't heard of
or trade a late first this year for a late first next year

And, even though it is virtually impossible...could he pick two big guys and maybe, just to make up for all the calamity of the last few years, one of them was good enough to start and be like...pretty good and not get hurt all the time?   

I know, I know we need a streaky combo guard this year, so he'll fill a need and the Yugoslavian Basketball Federation needs an 18 year old whose rights belong to Boston and the Red Claws need a 6'8" tweener who'll have 24 point nights once in awhile before he ends up in China....I got that, but, maybe there'll be too much traffic and the cell will act up and the assistant Celtics draft coordinator (CDC) will miss hear the name of the guy and all of us here will see the guy they draft and go whhhhaaaat?!

And Stevens will be blackmailed into letting him play and he'll average 14 rebounds and 11 points a game and he'll dunk on Davis and Giannis will fake an ankle to skip games against him and NBA centers will secretly fly to Boston in the off season to train with him because the "streaky combo guard" switch didn't get flipped just this once. 

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2019, 10:13:01 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
"With the first pick of the 2019 NBA Draft, the New Orleans Pelicans select Zion Williamson. He will be traded to the Boston Celtics in exchange for Jaylen Brown, Robert Williams III, Gershon Yabusele, 2019 #14 pick, 2019 #20 pick, and 2019 #22 pick."

...is what I'd like to hear tomorrow night. I mean, it's been a rough week after all.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2019, 10:14:53 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
No

« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2019, 10:26:12 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
"With the first pick of the 2019 NBA Draft, the New Orleans Pelicans select Zion Williamson. He will be traded to the Boston Celtics in exchange for Jaylen Brown, Robert Williams III, Gershon Yabusele, 2019 #14 pick, 2019 #20 pick, and 2019 #22 pick."

...is what I'd like to hear tomorrow night. I mean, it's been a rough week after all.

all three picks!!!???!!  wth

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2019, 10:35:03 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

For another guy under 6'8"  :o
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2019, 10:37:37 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Nah. I think drafting is the weakest aspect of Danny's GM game, and he usually leaves me scratching my head. Plus, the draft always gets hyped up but usually lacks fireworks. And since we don't know how good any given player is gonna be in the NBA, it's hard for me to get excited about most picks—I feel like it'll be quite some time before we know whether any of these picks were good ones.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2019, 12:26:44 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

For another guy under 6'8"  :o

I mean the value of the #1 pick, Zion Williamson, was being compared to Anthony Davis ???

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)