Author Topic: Game 3, Sox vs Yanks  (Read 20740 times)

Game 3, Sox vs Yanks
« on: October 06, 2018, 11:57:27 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Into the swamp land we go...time to pull out one game and preferably game 3- If its Porcello, we need epic....The media will be unbearable and we will need to bring it early...Dont lose faith, we need one in NY to get back to Fenway- lets make it easy on our hearts and do it in the first game there.

Put Nunez on bench please, put Pierce in lineup and stack it with as much offense as possible...Any chance Schilling would unretire? Pedro anyone? Porcello, time for epic....beat those Yankees
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 12:02:50 AM by BringToughnessBack »

Re: Game 3, Sox vs Yanks
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 12:02:57 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
frist.

yes to Pedro, and Manny while we're at it.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 12:17:56 AM »

• Don Nelson
frist.

yes to Pedro, and Manny while we're at it.

TP! We could use Manny and Ortiz for sure...

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 08:13:43 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Nunez has been pretty bad. The arrogance of the fans in NY will be unbearable to watch. We do need to get up early. I am really surprised they overturned the call at second base last night because the one angle clearly showed Kinsler's foot in the air when he caught the ball but we will take it. I loved watching Brasier say to Sanchez get the f in the box as he was playing games and then following it up with the strike out. Very unfortunate that ERod gave up the 3 run homer to him though. Go Sox.

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 09:48:44 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
We need to get out to early leads in these games before the Yankees bullpen comes in.

We need a Brock Holt sighting.  He was hitting so well to end the season.

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 09:55:32 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
We need to get out to early leads in these games before the Yankees bullpen comes in.

Or what about Devers? That should have been a natural fit "lefty" against Tanaka. I mean I don't think anyone can play a worse defensive 3B than Nunez.

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 10:40:52 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I think we're cooked.

David Price can't pitch in the playoffs, the bullpen is awful and the offense (as hot as it was during the regular season) can be streaky.

Also, facing Severino and Sabathia (who seems to pitch well in the postseason) will be no picnic.

And beating the Yanks at Yankee Stadium is very difficult.

I think this was one is over Tuesday night, sadly!

Shame on the front office for not getting the job done and acquiring another reliever or two at the trade deadline. I am so done with Eduardo Rodriguez and Ian Kinsler hasn't exactly been tearing it up offensively.

The only thing we have going for us is that Nathan Eovaldi seems to pitch really well vs the Yankees.

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 12:15:04 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

Or what about Devers? That should have been a natural fit "lefty" against Tanaka. I mean I don't think anyone can play a worse defensive 3B than Nunez.

I think we need to start Devers at 3B and Holt at 2B, and even Swihart over Leon.  Load up on lefties to try to take advantage of the short porch in RF.   Moreland is such a disappointment.  Maybe there you have to give Pierce a chance at first.  I think we desperately need to get out to early leads in these games, and can always make a move for better D later in the game.  Hopefully starting back to back righties will help slow down the Yankees hitting the long ball.

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 12:30:44 PM »

• Don Nelson

I think we need to start Devers at 3B and Holt at 2B, and even Swihart over Leon.  Load up on lefties to try to take advantage of the short porch in RF.   Moreland is such a disappointment.  Maybe there you have to give Pierce a chance at first.  I think we desperately need to get out to early leads in these games, and can always make a move for better D later in the game.  Hopefully starting back to back righties will help slow down the Yankees hitting the long ball.

Exactly what they are doing. .Devers, Brock and Pierce all in today. We need that offense for sure but they put Vasquez as starting catcher.

Actually scratch that, that was a prediction on mlb and not actual confirmed. Time will tell later today. I am hoping it will be everything but Vasquez.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 12:37:38 PM by BringToughnessBack »

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 12:59:57 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

Shame on the front office for not getting the job done and acquiring another reliever or two at the trade deadline. I am so done with Eduardo Rodriguez and Ian Kinsler hasn't exactly been tearing it up offensively.

I understand the reaction but in reality, we have lost one game and in that game, the relief pitchers pitched well.  Our starter was the problem and then Rodriguez who is also a starter.

Tonight the Yankees probably have the advantage with Severino vs. Eovaldi but then we have the advantage in game four with Porcello over Sabathia and game five with Sale.  I think the pressure is on the Yankees tonight.  Now if we lose to Sabathia, what can you do.

Did anyone expect it would be easy against the Yankees?

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2018, 02:46:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Doesn't it just feel right to be a skeptical and bitter Red Sox fan again?
Yup

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2018, 04:42:08 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Doesn't it just feel right to be a skeptical and bitter Red Sox fan again?

Just imagination the bitterness level if the Sox lose this series.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2018, 04:58:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I am still miffed that we even had to play the Yankees now. The best team in the league has to face the third best team in the league who won 100 games in the first round of the playoffs. Just stupid.

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2018, 06:43:06 PM »

• Don Nelson
Always Love and Hate playing that NY team...lineup is confirmed now and it has my seal of approval minus Catcher....All offense in it. Tonight lets take a big bite out of the apple!

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2018, 06:43:57 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I am still miffed that we even had to play the Yankees now. The best team in the league has to face the third best team in the league who won 100 games in the first round of the playoffs. Just stupid.
I do find it surprising that there isn't a seeding by record after the wildcard playoff.  I would have been p---ed if the Cubs won that game and the Brewers had to play the second best team in the National league