Author Topic: Taking stock at the end of a successful season  (Read 507 times)

Taking stock at the end of a successful season
« on: May 27, 2018, 11:24:07 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
-Al is a [dang] good player who’s very underrated by many still.  A glue guy that facilitates well for others but not a throw it to score guy.  And that’s okay.

-Tatum looks like a future perennial all star.  We’re lucky to have him and he’s only going to be better.

-Brown is athletic, can do some spectacular things but has a long way to go to become a good player.  Still has below average feel for the game.  Gets his shot blocked because he doesn’t he doesn’t know when to attack, when to pull up, and when to pass.  If the over under under for all star games for his career we’re 2, I might take the under.

-Smart is a terrible offensive player but still a keeper.  No one else on this team can replicate what he does.  Obviously money will matter but hopefully it works out.

-Rozier is a back up.  I mean, we can blame him for being a back up but he was bound to come bakc go earth eventually.  I’m not going to holler trade him after basically killing him because I’d expect to kill whatever we get back for him.  Let him expire and don’t resign.

-Morris is what he is.  He’s on short money so let him play out the year and probably let him walk.

-Baynes plays his role well.  Hopefully we can resign him but obviously can’t break the bank.

-Lookimg forward to having Theis back.  Useful player in today’s game.

-Kyrie and Hayward our two best players next year; Al third and Tatum fourth.

No one else worth talking about.  Looking forward to a full squad next year.

Re: Taking stock at the end of a successful season
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 11:32:02 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
huh? being one of top 2 scorers for your team in the playoffs on a team that made it to the ECF is by definition a good player.

Brown carried this team in the first found and in several games once he recovered from his hamstring injury. He was the only one in game 6 who came out with any purpose. I wouldn't over-react over one poor game. his ceiling may not he as high as tatums, But to say he has a long way to go to just become a "good player" is abit ridiculous.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Tatum is the 3rd best player, or 2a/B with Hayward next year. Kid has superstar potential.

Re: Taking stock at the end of a successful season
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 11:34:54 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
huh? being one of top 2 scorers for your team in the playoffs on a team that made it to the ECF is by definition a good player.

Brown carried this team in the first found and in several games once he recovered from his hamstring injury. He was the only one in game 6 who came out with any purpose. I wouldn't over-react over one poor game. his ceiling may not he as high as tatums, But to say he has a long way to go to just become a "good player" is abit ridiculous.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Tatum is the 3rd best player, or 2a/B with Hayward next year. Kid has superstar potential.
Yesh, Brown has a long way to go.  And Tatum was a bit player when Kyrie played.  Not imagine having Kyrie and Hayward back next year.  He’s very talented but those guys will still be better than Tatum next year.