Author Topic: Celtics (3-0) at Sixers (0-3) 10/12  (Read 21129 times)

Re: Celtics (3-0) at Sixers (0-3) 10/12
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2010, 09:25:12 PM »

Offline kofanis0880

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Avery Bradley's defense was very impressive.

Luke Harangody = a young Matt Bonner?

Yeah, I think his ceiling is 6'7'' Matt Bonner.

Is 6'7'' Matt Bonner an NBA rotation player, considering Matt Bonner is a decent role player at best?  Not entirely sure.

Lol, probably not  that is why I think Lasme is a great pickup (with the exception of being a hard worker and good team player) he is the exact opposite of Harangody... Long athletic and not a lot of range... Something that we really lack.

We have bigs with range in J.O. KG and Baby to an extent and Pierce Allen and Nate for 3's. I dont think Harangody's all-around game fills is needed for this team now or in the future really...

« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2010, 09:26:01 PM »

Offline Celticsbloke

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
lack of mobility from the two O'Neals which may be exposed by good teams
Jermaine O'Neal is taking all those charges by beating offensive players to the spot. Where's the lack of mobility in that?

Fair call - Jermaine's mobility is still okay. I probably should have said Shaq's lack of mobility. My worry with Jermaine is more his body. When he's healthy, he's still a good defensive presence, but he just doesn't seem able to back up game after game.

Overall, its not that big a deal though. I'm pretty optimistic that the Celtics can get it done with out triple headed monster plugging the middle.  

« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2010, 09:27:48 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I like how Semih has adjusted his defense on Speights within the game. Started off playing off of him, sat for a while, and now has played him to perfection, causing 2 turnovers and a missed shot. Props to Semih.

« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2010, 09:27:56 PM »

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
Actually, right after I said Semih hadn't shown much tonight he goes and makes two really nice baskets. I'd have to say the potential is definitely there, and we could easily use him right now as a backup. Never hurts to have enough bigs.

« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2010, 09:28:35 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Harangody looks too weak defensively to be a contributor this season.

I'd rather still have Scalabrine on the roster.

« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2010, 09:33:33 PM »

Online snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

I dunno.  He looks a bit lost but he also looks about as quick as Scal.  He looks a lot more comfortable offensively as well.  Scal was a complete non-entity on offense last season.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2010, 09:34:36 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
lack of mobility from the two O'Neals which may be exposed by good teams
Jermaine O'Neal is taking all those charges by beating offensive players to the spot. Where's the lack of mobility in that?

Fair call - Jermaine's mobility is still okay. I probably should have said Shaq's lack of mobility. My worry with Jermaine is more his body. When he's healthy, he's still a good defensive presence, but he just doesn't seem able to back up game after game.

Overall, its not that big a deal though. I'm pretty optimistic that the Celtics can get it done with out triple headed monster plugging the middle.  
Jermaine staying in one piece is an absolutely valid concern. If he can stay healthy, I think he'll easily start for us while Perkins is out, and be great at that.

Shaq, on the other hand, is what it is. I just hope he can be a net positive for the team while he's on the court, which is not a given.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2010, 09:36:36 PM »

Offline nbacardDOTnet

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 25

« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2010, 09:37:29 PM »

Offline no kidding

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
I was impressed by Erden. He was struggling in the second half, and then settled in with some nice plays. His confidance wasn't destroyed when things were going rough for him.

« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2010, 09:41:08 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

I dunno.  He looks a bit lost but he also looks about as quick as Scal.  He looks a lot more comfortable offensively as well.  Scal was a complete non-entity on offense last season.

Scal had quick coordinated feet. Luke trips over his feet. I wish Luke the best, but he should be traded if Ainge can find suitors. Then sign Lasme.

« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2010, 09:42:58 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
Jermaine's shot will be there, but the 12 rebounds in only 18 minutes is great to see.  He was also far and away the highest +/- on the team. 

« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2010, 09:45:47 PM »

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105

Scal had quick coordinated feet. Luke trips over his feet. I wish Luke the best, but he should be traded if Ainge can find suitors. Then sign Lasme.

Agree 100%. Luke looks like he's about to fall over half the time. Scal might not have been fast (by any means) but he had good body control (which is what made him a surprisingly decent defender). I'm not totally sold on Luke developing that. We'll see

« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2010, 09:48:49 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Bradley is either not in good shape or does not have oustanding quickness we all thought he had. If he is not quick enough, at 6'2 he is at odds to become a good nba player

I'm sorry, but I just can't get over the irony of you knocking a bunch of our players and then liking what Von Wafer looks like out there.

Bradley very quick; but did not seem to be willing to use it to prob the defense. Still lacks confidence as a PG. Too bad he couldn't get more minutes during the summer to improve. Will definitely limit his utility this season. Would be interesting to see if he can pair with Delonte. At least Delonte will have plenty of time to rest his back with his suspension :-\

« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2010, 02:37:43 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Avery Bradley's defense was very impressive.

Luke Harangody = a young Matt Bonner?

Yeah, I think his ceiling is 6'7'' Matt Bonner.

Is 6'7'' Matt Bonner an NBA rotation player, considering Matt Bonner is a decent role player at best?  Not entirely sure.
Matt Bonner isn't a rotation worthy player.

Bonner is a fifth or preferably sixth big in the depth chart level player.

I wouldn't go that far; Bonner plays with fairly good efficiency (I believe his PER was close to the league average last year), and his skill set as a shooting big with decent size and okay rebounding ability makes him a fairly valuable asset to have.

Last year two of the best bench squads in the league were the Phoenix group and the Spurs group; both had a shooting center, and I don't think that's entirely coincidence.  

That said, Bonner still is at best a 10-15 mpg player whose only real purpose is to stretch the floor.  He's a Scal with a bit more of a NBA body.  A shorter version of Bonner is probably not rotation material, maybe not even roster material.

I will agree with others in saying that Semih looks surprisingly good.  I think if we hold onto him and develop him he could turn into a very serviceable back-up center.  He has some skills and obviously good size.  He's not too soft, either.  If guys like Kosta Koufos and Kyrylo Fesenko can find a place in this league I have no doubt Semih can stick.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2010, 03:35:56 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Nate was a beast.

Love how he bought into the defense as always his offense comes right along with it. He's definitely a better player this year because of it.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk