Author Topic: Celtics (22-6) at Lakers (16-14) Game #29 12/26/23  (Read 22308 times)

Re: Celtics (22-6) at Lakers (16-14) Game #29 12/26/23
« Reply #450 on: December 26, 2023, 06:57:56 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Lebron pretty friendly with the Celtics players after the buzzer. I wonder if he's thinking of pulling a late career Shaq and joining us next season?

After all he’s said about Boston as a city throughout his career?  I can’t imagine it.  He’d be happy for any of a number our players to join him in LA tho.

I am curious in seeing his commitment to playing with Bronny, however.  The Lakers likely won’t pick until the 50s, having only the Clippers second this season (although the Pelicans have the right to defer their pick from the Lakers until 2025).

I’m not trying to give him a hard time cause he has obviously had a major health scare and it is a minor miracle he is playing, but bronny has been really bad In the three games he has played so far and may not have a major role before season is over.

« Reply #451 on: December 26, 2023, 07:05:23 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Lebron pretty friendly with the Celtics players after the buzzer. I wonder if he's thinking of pulling a late career Shaq and joining us next season?

After all he’s said about Boston as a city throughout his career?  I can’t imagine it.  He’d be happy for any of a number our players to join him in LA tho.

I am curious in seeing his commitment to playing with Bronny, however.  The Lakers likely won’t pick until the 50s, having only the Clippers second this season (although the Pelicans have the right to defer their pick from the Lakers until 2025).

I’m not trying to give him a hard time cause he has obviously had a major health scare and it is a minor miracle he is playing, but bronny has been really bad In the three games he has played so far and may not have a major role before season is over.

It's gonna be like LiAngelo Ball. He'll get a chance somewhere in the NBA regardless. If his Dad wasn't Lebron there's no way he'd be getting any first round consideration. Might sound harsh but it's true
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #452 on: December 26, 2023, 07:12:35 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

It's gonna be like LiAngelo Ball. He'll get a chance somewhere in the NBA regardless. If his Dad wasn't Lebron there's no way he'd be getting any first round consideration. Might sound harsh but it's true

I don’t think he is really getting any first round consideration. There was one preposterous mock last season that had him as like a top 10 pick. In reality he was always gonna be a second round talent coming in. That was all before he missed a half season with a very serious health scare. I hope Lebron is smart enough to keep the pressure off by not talking about playing with his son to the media for the rest of this season at least.

« Reply #453 on: December 26, 2023, 08:17:13 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I don’t think he is really getting any first round consideration. There was one preposterous mock last season that had him as like a top 10 pick. In reality he was always gonna be a second round talent coming in. That was all before he missed a half season with a very serious health scare. I hope Lebron is smart enough to keep the pressure off by not talking about playing with his son to the media for the rest of this season at least.

Oh is he not? I'm seeing online quite a few mocks that have him either as a fringe lottery pick or outside the lottery, but almost guaranteed to go in the 16-30 range lol

« Reply #454 on: December 26, 2023, 08:41:07 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Bronny does not have the talent to be an NBA 1st round pick. He will most likely be one though because of the value his rights represent to whatever team wants to have Lebron play for them.

It will be interesting, as the Lakers are unlikely to be in position to draft him. What will the rights to Bronny get in a trade? 

« Reply #455 on: December 26, 2023, 09:17:49 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Oh is he not? I'm seeing online quite a few mocks that have him either as a fringe lottery pick or outside the lottery, but almost guaranteed to go in the 16-30 range lol

Are you looking at ones updated recently? He is either second round or undrafted in all the ones updated in last week. Again, he has played 3 games, has more turnovers than assists and is shooting 30% from field. If he was anyone other than his dads son people would just be thrilled he is back to playing basketball, but there is a very sad pressure (imo) for him to get draft 9 months after a heart attack (and a lot of it actually comes from Lebron fans. He would really benefit from more time in college (and usc will have a bigger role for him next year too). Hope he is allowed it.

« Reply #456 on: December 26, 2023, 10:14:07 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Are you looking at ones updated recently? He is either second round or undrafted in all the ones updated in last week. Again, he has played 3 games, has more turnovers than assists and is shooting 30% from field. If he was anyone other than his dads son people would just be thrilled he is back to playing basketball, but there is a very sad pressure (imo) for him to get draft 9 months after a heart attack (and a lot of it actually comes from Lebron fans. He would really benefit from more time in college (and usc will have a bigger role for him next year too). Hope he is allowed it.

Givony of Draft Express/ESPN has him going in the teens still, taking into account this season.

« Reply #457 on: December 26, 2023, 10:16:17 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Givony of Draft Express/ESPN has him going in the teens still, taking into account this season.

lol he is ironically the one preposterous mock draft I mentioned from before the season. In addition to having some real stinkers of picks the last few years, that guy is now aggressively trying to farm engagements. Don’t support the mission. Thanks for not sure sharing the link.

Edit: also his from December 5th while others are last week. So this is most outdated In addition to way off from all other ones.

https://sports.yahoo.com/2024-nba-mock-draft-3-alex-sarr-takes-top-spot-with-international-prospects-impressing-early-in-the-season-181955815.html
https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10101207-2024-nba-mock-draft-pro-comparisons-and-full-2-round-predictions.amp.html
https://nbadraftroom.com/p/2024-2nd-round/
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 10:25:10 PM by celticsclay »

« Reply #458 on: December 26, 2023, 10:38:07 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

lol he is ironically the one preposterous mock draft I mentioned from before the season. In addition to having some real stinkers of picks the last few years, that guy is now aggressively trying to farm engagements. Don’t support the mission. Thanks for not sure sharing the link.

Edit: also his from December 5th while others are last week. So this is most outdated In addition to way off from all other ones.

https://sports.yahoo.com/2024-nba-mock-draft-3-alex-sarr-takes-top-spot-with-international-prospects-impressing-early-in-the-season-181955815.html

I didn’t share the link on purpose because it’s paywalled and that annoys people sometimes, and I don’t like giving ESPN clicks.  He said in a write-up since Bronny’s debut, and not as part of an updated mock of any sort, that Bronny would still be in the teens/low 20s.

I do think he can’t be objective on Bronny for editorial reasons if nothing else — there is hype and pressure.  That said, I think that same hype and pressure increases the chances he will be drafted above where his skill and potential warrant.  I don’t think he falls to 50 where the Lakers are currently slotted.  I also don’t think he has a memorable NBA career, and have said before LeBron is doing his son a disservice with his proclamations about playing together.

« Reply #459 on: December 27, 2023, 08:55:48 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
LeFraud Junior in no way has the talent to be a first round pick. He is a role player on a college team at best. If someone takes him first round it is because of his last name, much like Jett Howard.

The other little LeFraud son is pretty good.

« Reply #460 on: December 27, 2023, 11:29:04 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Tomorrow's game is the biggest of the season. Got to treat it like the Finals

The embarrassment that would follow if we lose to the Pistons would be nuclear  :P

« Reply #461 on: December 27, 2023, 12:13:14 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999

The embarrassment that would follow if we lose to the Pistons would be nuclear  :P

I think we'll win this game   ;)

Knowing how my prdictions have always had opposite results...

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #462 on: December 27, 2023, 01:11:10 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I think we'll win this game   ;)

Knowing how my prdictions have always had opposite results...

Alright, everyone knows the drill. If the Celtics do lose this game, only blame @Sparz

:laugh:

« Reply #463 on: December 27, 2023, 02:51:26 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
In the Lakers game, Horford was +11 (in 16 minutes) when on the court without Queta and -10 (in 7 minutes) when on the court with him.  All of Queta's minutes were with Horford on the court.

« Reply #464 on: December 27, 2023, 07:30:23 PM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 171
In the Lakers game, Horford was +11 (in 16 minutes) when on the court without Queta and -10 (in 7 minutes) when on the court with him.  All of Queta's minutes were with Horford on the court.
I'm re-watching the game, and 9 of those -10 are due to missed threes from Hauser, Pritchard  and Tatum (and a Queta goaltend). That trio were 0 for 5 from 3 at the end of the 1st. Was the defense tighter because Queta can't spread the floor?