Author Topic: Celtics (12-3) at Magic (10-5) Game #16 11/24/23  (Read 12927 times)

Re: Celtics (12-3) at Magic (10-5) Game #16 11/24/23
« Reply #345 on: November 25, 2023, 11:56:54 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1561
The two things that were pretty apparent

1. Kornet is predictably awful. Orlando were literally licking their chops whenever he was in the game and just attacked him all game long. He's fine as like a 4th big/garbage time guy but definitely not as the 3rd one behind KP + Horford. It's obvious. For a 7' 2" guy he's super soft and somehow can't outrebound or outhustle other guys either. He also can't generate his own offense so if others' can't facilitate it for him, he truly is just a "walking dead" guy out there.

2. Some of Mazzulla's issues continue to show unfortunately. Team goes on a big run and he doesn't even try to stop it. "Let them keep playing". Joe, do you want to actually win the game?? And when other teams build pressure on us or have certain advantages, Joe struggles to make adjustments. I wouldn't discount a team like Philly adding Nick Nurse. Nurse and Spo are the kind of coaches that can make a small difference in a playoff series and probably outdo Mazzulla as well.

good luck getting a rational response from joe apologists. i am one of the hardest of the hard core fans on here but stevie wonder can see the swiss cheese holes in joes game. be ready to be called "fair weather"  ::) ::)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #346 on: November 25, 2023, 11:58:03 AM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

1. Kornet is predictably awful. Orlando were literally licking their chops whenever he was in the game and just attacked him all game long. He's fine as like a 4th big/garbage time guy but definitely not as the 3rd one behind KP + Horford. It's obvious. For a 7' 2" guy he's super soft and somehow can't outrebound or outhustle other guys either. He also can't generate his own offense so if others' can't facilitate it for him, he truly is just a "walking dead" guy out there.

2. Some of Mazzulla's issues continue to show unfortunately. Team goes on a big run and he doesn't even try to stop it. "Let them keep playing". Joe, do you want to actually win the game?? And when other teams build pressure on us or have certain advantages, Joe struggles to make adjustments. I wouldn't discount a team like Philly adding Nick Nurse. Nurse and Spo are the kind of coaches that can make a small difference in a playoff series and probably outdo Mazzulla as well.

It’s weird for this to be a game to single out Kornet.  I don’t necessarily disagree with any of your points, but the entire team was garbage defensively, especially the bigs.  I’m not sure why you’d single him out.  He actually had one of his better games all season and lead the team in rebounding, which again is more of an indictment on the rest of the team

« Reply #347 on: November 25, 2023, 02:03:36 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Time to visit the fire Joe thread once again …..pitiful preparation

Off with his head!

joe blows
The fair-weather fans on here blow.  Not even Lakers fans would whine when their team was winning 75% of its games and had the 2nd best record in the league.

I imagine they would be very upset with you if they could read.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #348 on: November 25, 2023, 02:26:09 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum

Off with his head!

joe blows
The fair-weather fans on here blow.  Not even Lakers fans would whine when their team was winning 75% of its games and had the 2nd best record in the league.

The Celtics have the best starting five in the league (by some margin), they should be winning.

IMO the win percentage is irrelevant, it’s the manner of the losses. It’s that Mazzulla is making the same mistakes he did last season.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, it’s Wyc & Stevens’ fault for putting Mazzulla in this position. He’s too inexperienced to be coaching the Celtics at a vital juncture, a decade in the making.

When Frank Vogel & Nick Nurse are available, it’s insane to put so much pressure on a guy with only two seasons of head coaching experience at a Division II college program.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #349 on: November 25, 2023, 02:28:45 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!

It’s weird for this to be a game to single out Kornet.  I don’t necessarily disagree with any of your points, but the entire team was garbage defensively, especially the bigs.  I’m not sure why you’d single him out.  He actually had one of his better games all season and lead the team in rebounding, which again is more of an indictment on the rest of the team

If Kornet was let go, I doubt any team would sign him for anything more than mop-up duty, kind of like Tacko Fall on this team in the past. Idk what Stevens sees in him. They were better off keeping Mo Wagner, and I'm not even saying that just because of yesterday. He's turned into a solid role player for them and had more potential to begin with.

When Porzingis or Horford are out, Kornet is the next guy up and that's where we get screwed. Even in his "better games" he got abused defensively and finished with a -2. Horford was also awful no doubt, but that's typically an outlier for him. Kornet had 6 rebounds, probably should have had more if he was actually physical and hustled more. Kornet started off well with 8 quick points but then had only 4 in the final 15 mins he played.

Brad better add a 3rd big by this deadline. We can survive for now, but if Kornet has to function as our 3rd big beyond March we are very screwed.  But yeah, I'm just not a fan of his, sorry
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #350 on: November 25, 2023, 02:29:49 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1561

Off with his head!

joe blows

The Celtics have the best starting five in the league (by some margin), they should be winning.

IMO the win percentage is irrelevant, it’s the manner of the losses. It’s that Mazzulla is making the same mistakes he did last season.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, it’s Wyc & Stevens’ fault for putting Mazzulla in this position. He’s too inexperienced to be coaching the Celtics at a vital juncture, a decade in the making.

When Frank Vogel & Nick Nurse are available, it’s insane to put so much pressure on a guy with only two seasons of head coaching experience at a Division II college program.

somebody gets it. TP!  :D
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #351 on: November 25, 2023, 02:30:47 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440

Off with his head!

joe blows

They actually still have the best record in the league.  :laugh:
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #352 on: November 25, 2023, 06:42:59 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528

If Kornet was let go, I doubt any team would sign him for anything more than mop-up duty, kind of like Tacko Fall on this team in the past. Idk what Stevens sees in him. They were better off keeping Mo Wagner, and I'm not even saying that just because of yesterday. He's turned into a solid role player for them and had more potential to begin with.

When Porzingis or Horford are out, Kornet is the next guy up and that's where we get screwed. Even in his "better games" he got abused defensively and finished with a -2. Horford was also awful no doubt, but that's typically an outlier for him. Kornet had 6 rebounds, probably should have had more if he was actually physical and hustled more. Kornet started off well with 8 quick points but then had only 4 in the final 15 mins he played.

Brad better add a 3rd big by this deadline. We can survive for now, but if Kornet has to function as our 3rd big beyond March we are very screwed.  But yeah, I'm just not a fan of his, sorry

Sorry to nitpick but Luke would be more valuable than Tacko.  Yes, Cs are a better team with a better third 5.  When he has to play more minutes than he should, he gets exposed by big, mobile starting caliber centers. It is not a huge problem because I do think Brad will upgrade.

« Reply #353 on: November 26, 2023, 12:46:55 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733

Off with his head!

joe blows

Thank You for stating the truth and as angry as I get with Joe, the real blame does belong to Brad and Wyc.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce