Author Topic: CSN fired Cousy!! CSN Bring him back for his 10 Games!  (Read 13514 times)

CSN fired Cousy!! CSN Bring him back for his 10 Games!
« on: October 11, 2008, 06:49:33 AM »

Offline coach435

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 1
In the Globe today Cousy is interviewed that he was let go by an underling of Comcast Management.  Cousy for 10 games always brought a fresh perspective other than Tommy plus it is a great way to link Celtics past with Present.   How can we pressure Comcast & the Celtics to keep him on 10 games per year?

Re: CSN fired Cousy!! CSN Bring him back for his 10 Games!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 07:00:35 AM »

Offline wbones1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 19
 Tommy also will just be part of the half-time team with Tanguay in road games. So much for tradition and having an actual Celtic call the games. Cousy is unhappy and I hope we the fans can let Comcast know we love our Celtics greats and enjoy hearing them on broascasts. It gives the younger fans a history of our team and the game. A sad day for us all who have followed the game for a long time. On Tommy if it was his decision that is fine but if not then I would like him back as well. Not a fan of Marshall at all!! Max would be a better choice he after all was a Celtic.
wbones1

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 08:26:35 AM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
This 100% sux!

I love what Cousy brings to the broadcast and he's the patriarch of the Celtics organization with Red gone.

Dumb, dumb, dumb move by Comcast.  Oh good, now maybe we'll get a few more minutes of Dickerson instead.

BRING BACK COUSY!!
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 09:03:55 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
How can we pressure Comcast & the Celtics to keep him on 10 games per year?

We could all pitch in and offer to pay his salary.

I love Cooz and what he brings to the broadcast, but the bottom line is they don't want to pay him any more.  I'm sure he wasn't making a ton of money, but I don't think Cooz would do it for free.

CSN wants younger guys with better haircuts. 
Yup

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 09:09:39 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
I guess I'll be the 'turd in punchbowl' and say that while I respect Cousy to the utmost his time had come.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 10:00:39 AM by Birdbrain »
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 09:42:38 AM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 09:45:49 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
3 things suck big time here:

1.  no more Cous - for 10 games a year, yeah the man was great.  I loved hearing him for 10 games a year.  Cousy wanted to come back but this guy  - Comcast general manager and vice president Bill Bridgen - decided no.

How can I send this guy an email?

2.  Tommy for only half the time - that's what happened the end of last year and I thought it was because of Tommy's health(hip?).  If this is what Tommy wants, then so be it.  Is it what Tommy wants?  Maybe its because of the old redhead's health.

3.  More Donny Marshall - oh my God I am just sick of him.  This guy - Comcast general manager and vice president Bill Bridgen - thinks Donny is good.  What a load of crap.  Donny Marshall PLAIN VANILLA BRAN CEREAL THAT YOU EAT WITH WATER.  He's as boring as watching paint dry.  How many times do I have to see him introduced wearing Nets or Cavs uniforms?  For the color guy there should be a law - only Celtics are allowed.  And certainly not anyone with no personality who is as political correct as they come.

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 09:50:56 AM »

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
Tommy doesn't do road games anymore because he is getting old and its easier on him to do it this way. CSN isn't trying to remove the old C's players.

Personally, I'm pretty happy that Cousy won't be calling games anymore. He never has a lot to say and has openly admitted that he didn't follow the team that closely through the down years. I want a broadcaster that knows the team better than I do. Not someone I feel like I know more than.

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 09:52:59 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Thanks a lot for the link.  Here's what I sent in:

You fired Bob Cousy?  You have got to be kidding me!  What a load of crap.  Comcast general manager and vice president Bill Bridgen thinks he knows anything about TV?  Bill Bridgen knows crap if he thinks I want to watch more of Donny Marshall and no Cousy and less Heinsohn.  I want Bob Cousy and Tommy Heinsohn as much as they want to be on my TV for as long as they want.  And I do not want anymnore of Donny Marshall who is so boring that he is the cure for insomnia.  Bill Bridgen, eiother become more competent at yuour job and understanding what your customers want or get out of that office.

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 09:53:57 AM »

Offline TrueGreen

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
This is a link to what seems to be Comcast Management:  http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/About/PressRoom/PressAndAnalystContacts/Networks.html
I sent the following email to:  Tim Fitzpatrick, VP of Public Relations (must be an oxymoron in their case):

Since you are the Vice President of Public Relations I guess this email should go to you. I am a long time Boston Celtic fan and am very aware of Celtic history, which from your Boss's actions in regard to FIRING Bob Cousy, indicate that the people you work for are not. From what I read about the FIRING in today's Boston Globe, I can also see that you work for an organization that completely lacks class. If you knew anything about the Boston Celtics you should realize that CLASS is one of the attributes at the core of what the Boston Celtics stand for. This goes back to the days of Red Auerbach and Walter Brown, and has finally been re-instilled by the new Ownership and Danny Ainge.

I think Comcast owes a huge apology to Bob Cousy, his family, the Boston Celtic family, which includes former Boston Celtic players, and Boston Celtic fans for the classless actions taken.

Comcast shows by this action that it has no idea of what people like Bob Cousy, Tommy Heinsohn, Bill Russell, Larry Bird, etc. mean to the CELTIC FAMILY and FANS.

I would hope that Celtic Fans bombard Comcast with our thoughts.

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 09:57:47 AM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
I guess I'll be 'turd in punchbowl' and say that while I respect Cousy to utmost his time had come.

amen. i am so happy to see cousy go. there was a thread last year (I may have even sterted it, maybe i will try and find it when i have more time) but it was 50/50 on cousy. i am so happy i do not have to listen to his whining and negativity anymore.

i can sum up his contributions right here in a few sentences. all outside shots are bad, unless they go in. this team is probably going to lose because the other team has more athletes. the c's are not intense tonight. the c's are going to have a lot of trouble winning this game.

see you later, cous....cannot say i am going to miss you.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 09:58:38 AM »

Offline TrueGreen

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
I just got this reply from Comcast:
I am out of the office today and will return your message as soon as possible. For immediate assistance please contact Maureen Quilter at mquilter@comcastsportsnet.com.  Thanks.

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 10:25:30 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
3 things suck big time here:

1.  no more Cous - for 10 games a year, yeah the man was great.  I loved hearing him for 10 games a year.  Cousy wanted to come back but this guy  - Comcast general manager and vice president Bill Bridgen - decided no.

How can I send this guy an email?

2.  Tommy for only half the time - that's what happened the end of last year and I thought it was because of Tommy's health(hip?).  If this is what Tommy wants, then so be it.  Is it what Tommy wants?  Maybe its because of the old redhead's health.

3.  More Donny Marshall - oh my God I am just sick of him.  This guy - Comcast general manager and vice president Bill Bridgen - thinks Donny is good.  What a load of crap.  Donny Marshall PLAIN VANILLA BRAN CEREAL THAT YOU EAT WITH WATER.  He's as boring as watching paint dry.  How many times do I have to see him introduced wearing Nets or Cavs uniforms?  For the color guy there should be a law - only Celtics are allowed.  And certainly not anyone with no personality who is as political correct as they come.

as far as number one goes, i suppose i'm gonna have to be a terd in the punchbowl as well, because as much as i respect celtics history and all that cous has done for this organization, he was becoming incompetent at his part time gig. people get old, folks, and he's really starting to show his age and the fact that he's slowing down. he slurred a lot last year, and i couldn't understand half of what he was saying, and whatever i could understand was negative about something. times change, people get old, and as much as i respect him in C's history, i think it was his time.

as far as donny marshall goes, i HATE having this guy do color for all road games, let alone half time reports for home games! this guy is as colorless as a zebra, HOW do they expect up to enjoy his color commentary??? and he thinks he's SOOO experienced because he played with ray allen in college, and because "he played in the pros". COME ON, he brought in a check riding the bench!! GAHHHH!!!!

shoot me now somebody please, i can NOT tolerate a whole season of this guy.

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 11:24:41 AM »

Offline Jointhebombsquad

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
good riddance!
He was a curse anyway and he only went to games in FLA or against FLA teams.
and does anyone on earth have a more annoying voice than Cousy?
Fran dresher thinks hes annoying.

He's out of touch,the guy invented the behind the back dribble for god sake. He's 80!!

Mike and Tommy will be fine without him.

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 11:29:00 AM »

Offline KJ33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 78
I guess I'll be 'turd in punchbowl' and say that while I respect Cousy to utmost his time had come.

amen. i am so happy to see cousy go. there was a thread last year (I may have even sterted it, maybe i will try and find it when i have more time) but it was 50/50 on cousy. i am so happy i do not have to listen to his whining and negativity anymore.

i can sum up his contributions right here in a few sentences. all outside shots are bad, unless they go in. this team is probably going to lose because the other team has more athletes. the c's are not intense tonight. the c's are going to have a lot of trouble winning this game.

see you later, cous....cannot say i am going to miss you.

I am sure you would be much better than a Hall of Famer and Celtic Legend.  Everyone knows Cousy has his hitches in delivery, but he is a basketball mind, and helped to connect the Celtics past to present.  You are acting like you had to listen to him for all 82 games, we are talking about 10 games, not sure why they would dismiss him from such a minor role, his top notch quality broadcast talent or lack thereof was really not an issue for 10 games, it was the class he added to the broadcast.  I assume you probably love Donny Marshall, the ex-Celtic, oh no, that's right, he had a cup of coffee in the league, constantly uses those few games he rode the bench to underscore how he is so hip with modern day players, etc., not to mention, he manages to say nothing with inappropriately used big words to make him sound smooth.

No Cous, less Heinsohn, more of a guy who has ZERO connection to the Celtics = a less Celtic-like broadcast, not good moves in my opinion.