Author Topic: Bernie Mac - 1957-2008  (Read 16319 times)

Re: Bernie Mac - 1957-2008
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2008, 01:20:41 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Dude its all over the news, you don't need a link.

I, for one, haven't seen the news yet.

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2008, 01:50:07 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I never liked Bernie Mac's brand of comedy. Low brow and loud and crude.  He was cliche and didn't add anything to the world of comedy in my opinion.  His passing is sad, 50 is so young.

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2008, 01:53:18 PM »

Offline CountChockula

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
To quote Mac " You don't understand..I ain't scared of ya'll Mutha F@*k#rs"
He will be missed, my favorite Mac movie moment , although the movie was garbage, was House Party 3 when he played the uncle and said one of my favoite life quotes, "If they can't take a joke..F em', F em' against the wall" The man could make me laugh :)

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2008, 02:02:00 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Bernie Mac had a little known disease called sarcoidosis, the same disease that Reggie White had. The disease itself can't kill you but it inevitably causes other complications that do kill you. Pneumonia being one, as well as asthma, emphysema and other lung diseases.

Very little is known about the disease. Doctors don't know what causes it and there is no cure. Steroids can help but at the levels you need to take them sometimes the side effects are worse than the disease.

I'll tell you what, this news scares the hell out of me because both Reggie White and Bernie Mac died young due to lung complications created by sarcoidosis and because I also have the disease.

Rest in peace, Bernie Mac. You always put a smaile on my face.

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2008, 02:08:30 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I'll tell you what, this news scares the hell out of me because both Reggie White and Bernie Mac died young due to lung complications created by sarcoidosis and because I also have the disease.

I'm not sure how to appropriately convey this, nick, but best of luck to you.  Let's hope doctors find even better treatments for this in the near future, so that no other families in similar circumstances have to experience the loss of a loved one dying too young.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2008, 02:13:10 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
I didn't even know there was a House Party 3.
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2008, 02:34:24 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Bernie Mac had a little known disease called sarcoidosis, the same disease that Reggie White had. The disease itself can't kill you but it inevitably causes other complications that do kill you. Pneumonia being one, as well as asthma, emphysema and other lung diseases.

Very little is known about the disease. Doctors don't know what causes it and there is no cure. Steroids can help but at the levels you need to take them sometimes the side effects are worse than the disease.

I am sorry to hear that Nick. I hope you are one of the lucky ones!

Mac was absolutely one of the funniest guys ever. Very few people can make you laugh as hard. What a big loss!

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2008, 02:45:12 PM »

Offline BleedinGreen417

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
Rest in peace, Bernie.

I had an uncle with Sarcoidosis. My late uncle was a career soldier. His illness was related to chemical exposures in Vietnamese and Korean campaigns.  :(

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2008, 03:00:32 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I wasn't really familiar with anything he did outside of Bad Santa, which was hilarious.

"Half."

Wow, 50. That's sad.

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2008, 04:25:07 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Bernie Mac was hilarious. I remember parts of a quote from his tv show. Little kids in his Baby girl's class called him bernie something and he said..,"No. It's Mr. Mac like Smack like across the back of yo head!" Funny stuff. It's sad to see famous people you enjoy watching through out your life pass away. I'm just as shocked to see George Carl had died a month or so ago.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2008, 04:33:36 PM »

Offline ThreadCrasher

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Mainevent you are so right about Bernie Mac being an icon...sad to see one of the greats pass on at such an early age (50)..

Are there B-level icons?  He ranks right behind Bob Sagat on my comedy rankings.

He was in my 'small doses' catatgory...like in the Oceans' movies.  Give him 10 lines in a supporting role and his annoying tendancies were almost entertaining....almost.

The WB will have one less terrible sitcom, there will be one less staight to DVD movie made, and there will be an all day Bernie Mac movie marathon on BET...

<-------------The exit is this way, Bernie.
RIP

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2008, 04:36:09 PM »

Online Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
MR.3000 makes me laugh every time I see it.

RIP, Bernie.

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2008, 05:44:01 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
Mainevent, are you posting this Bernie Mac thing on every celtic board and blog ?

What's my problem you asked? Right now my problem is you. I posted a link regarding someone I and I'm sure others enjoyed watching, you criticized it telling me it was unnecessary because it was all over the news which according to other posters who DIDNT know, the link was just fine for them. Now you ask me where am I posting the same information? Why are you asking me? Why does it matter to you? If you're going to reply, why not just stick to the topic at hand? I dont have to answer your questions and I dont care what you say about what I post....so now what? Dont give me that just trying to be nice crap either. Keep it to yourself and if you dont have anything to say about Bernie Mac, then dont reply to me personally.

Thank You
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2008, 05:57:05 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Dude its all over the news, you don't need a link.

I think for a lot of us, this is our news, sadly =) - I actually heard it here first
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2008, 06:00:05 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

wow nick, as Roy said, I don't really know what to say either, but I think the positivity you always bring forth will allow you to overcome any type of adversity
When you love life, life loves you right back