Author Topic: "The Dark Knight" arrested on assault  (Read 11377 times)

"The Dark Knight" arrested on assault
« on: July 22, 2008, 10:12:12 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You just couldn't think up something like this ahead of time, tell people it's going to happen and have people believe you. LOL.

He assaulted his mom and sister, alledgedly.

Holy ironic twists, Batman!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,388124,00.html

Re: "The Dark Knight" arrested on assault
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 10:22:38 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I guess bad publicity is much
better than no publicity at all  ;)

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 10:31:00 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
He was probably upset that "The Dark Knight" didn't do too well at the box office.  Don't worry Christian.  You'll get your break.  :(

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 10:40:17 AM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
That's messed up. Lame.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 01:43:03 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
If it's just assault without an accompanying battery charge, it's likely just verbal.  There's no evidence that he actually hit anyone yet, and it could be as little as a threat or overblown shouting match.  I hope it's only that, since it would be pretty ridiculous to physically abuse your mother and sister.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 01:48:20 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
If it's just assault without an accompanying battery charge, it's likely just verbal.  There's no evidence that he actually hit anyone yet, and it could be as little as a threat or overblown shouting match.  I hope it's only that, since it would be pretty ridiculous to physically abuse your mother and sister.

have to second this as a (hopefully) a law student next year. Assualt does not indicate physical contact, battery does.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 01:57:44 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Meh... you know the media.  I think nothin of it.  I'm going to go see Dark Knight again tonight.  Booyah

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 02:08:53 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

have to second this as a (hopefully) a law student next year. Assualt does not indicate physical contact, battery does.

That's only at common law.  Each jurisdiction codifies their law differently.  In some states, assault refers to common law battery, etc.  Also, the common meaning of "assault" as used by a reporter may very well encompass battery, as in common parlance, assault generally refers to physical touching.

See, a free law lesson here on Celticsblog.  Much cheaper than law school. ;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 02:17:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Ah, this didn't happen in the States, it occured in London.

Also, I have a hard time believing that Christian Bale's mother and sister had a verbal fight with Bale and then went down to the police station, told them who they were, that Bale was yelling at them, and that they wanted him arrested for it.

That's a bit much for me to believe. There had to be some physicality involved.

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 02:18:20 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

That's only at common law.  Each jurisdiction codifies their law differently.  In some states, assault refers to common law battery, etc.  Also, the common meaning of "assault" as used by a reporter may very well encompass battery, as in common parlance, assault generally refers to physical touching.

See, a free law lesson here on Celticsblog.  Much cheaper than law school. ;)

WHat's "assault" mean in London?  Maybe it's a form of illegal pastry dish that goes good with tea?  Who knows... such a weird and twisted culture over there.  It could mean literally anything.

Ok, not really, but still... I bet his mom and sister are both pains in his butt.  Couple divas who get a free ride off his brilliance and fortune.  He probably had enough of their shenanigans and told them to bugger off.

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 02:20:07 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Ah, this didn't happen in the States, it occured in London.

True, although their law is also based upon the common law. ;)

I agree with you, though.  There was almost certainly something (allegedly) physical there.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 02:21:35 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
well this is mildly ironic. bale seems like a nice guy and before a more detailed account of the incident is written from another point of view, i won't call him guilty.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 02:23:08 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
By the way... in case people didn't know this... Bale's mother, Jenny James, was a circus clown when he was growing up.  His mother and sister (who also did some theater) stuck him in ballet classes and got him into acting.

Bottom line... his mom's a circus clown... Bale is Batman... it's no wonder they were fighting.  

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 02:25:53 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Bottom line... his mom's a circus clown... Bale is Batman... it's no wonder they were fighting.  

Hmm, is it appropriate for me to laugh at that?  Crime isn't a laughing matter, but still, hilarious.  Perhaps she was auditioning for the role of Harley Quinn?

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 02:29:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Hmm, is it appropriate for me to laugh at that?  Crime isn't a laughing matter, but still, hilarious.  Perhaps she was auditioning for the role of Harley Quinn?

Man I'm not going to hear some report about him "assaulting" his mother and sister and just take it at face value.  Bale beating the crap out of his 60 year old mother and 40 year old sister?  Riight.

We don't know the context.  Maybe they are both nuts.  I imagine he supports them both.   I mean if I got arrested for every time I beat the crap out of my mother and sister, I would have been in prison a long long time ago. 

My guess is that the whole thing just disappears and we never hear about it again.