Author Topic: Brian Scalabrine says Raptors will win East  (Read 4479 times)

Re: Brian Scalabrine says Raptors will win East
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2019, 04:01:35 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I still refuse to believe the Celts will not, at the very least, get to the east finals this year.

The playoffs is different.

Last season the #1 seed Raptors couldn't even win one game against the #4 Cavs.

Raptors have lost 10 straight playoff games against LeBron's Cavs dating back to 2016. Let that sink in. They just aren't built for withstanding LeBron James in the postseason.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2019, 04:11:33 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I still refuse to believe the Celts will not, at the very least, get to the east finals this year.

Raptors have lost 10 straight playoff games against LeBron's Cavs dating back to 2016. Let that sink in. They just aren't built for withstanding LeBron James in the postseason.

very few are. Guy is built like a truck.

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2019, 04:42:44 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
very few are. Guy is built like a truck.

that certainly helps but it is the ridiculous star calls  that take it to the next level in terms of being unarguable.

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2019, 07:43:18 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
East playoffs is going to be really competitive.  Anyone can win it, but I still see Philly as the favorite.

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2019, 12:45:33 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14

Just checked the remaining schedule for the east top 4 Raptors have the easiest remaining schedule  they should finish first unless the bucks just sweep all their remaining west coast road trips.

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2019, 06:18:35 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Just checked the remaining schedule for the east top 4 Raptors have the easiest remaining schedule  they should finish first unless the bucks just sweep all their remaining west coast road trips.

If the Raptors finish first then I want the Celtics to finish 4th (on the condition that the 76ers finish 3rd and the Pacers 5th).
I prefer having a little tougher first round series, which we should win anyway, with the chance that the 76ers could knock-out the Bucks for us. I believe we are slight underdogs to the Raptors as well (especially without HCA), but I truly fear playing the Bucks.

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2019, 09:53:57 AM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday

If the Raptors finish first then I want the Celtics to finish 4th (on the condition that the 76ers finish 3rd and the Pacers 5th).
I prefer having a little tougher first round series, which we should win anyway, with the chance that the 76ers could knock-out the Bucks for us. I believe we are slight underdogs to the Raptors as well (especially without HCA), but I truly fear playing the Bucks.

Why would you want that? The Celtics are like 1-13 in Toronto we won't win a game in Scotiabank arena, we match up better against the Bucks and beat them last year without Kyrie.

The fact that the Bucks have never won a playoff series and like if we beat them game 1 I could see them mentally tapping out.

Toronto won't not with Kawhi and Danny Green those guys are proven  Champions...

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2019, 10:13:49 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
I give Scal credit for being an independent thinker and going against the 'Green Team' philosophy of the NBC Boston crew.  I think Milwaukee is the favorite right now to win the East.  But it's still close among all of the 4 teams.  One key injury could swing things.

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2019, 10:14:59 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I still think MIL poses a greater threat.

Me too.

Toronto is maybe a little deeper but there are more things that can go wrong with that team (Lowry, Kawhi's weird relationship to the rest of the offense) and I think Giannis has no ceiling. He could just go nuclear and put up 40-15-7 or something. And if Mirotic is healthy, they have a heck of a closing lineup.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2019, 10:24:34 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Why would you want that? The Celtics are like 1-13 in Toronto we won't win a game in Scotiabank arena, we match up better against the Bucks and beat them last year without Kyrie.

The fact that the Bucks have never won a playoff series and like if we beat them game 1 I could see them mentally tapping out.

Toronto won't not with Kawhi and Danny Green those guys are proven Champions...

I'd rather take my chances against Kawhi than Giannis. Not only is Giannis by himself a force to be reckoned with, he has a great supporting cast that fits him perfectly and an outstanding coach in Budenholzer. Giannis has a chance these playoffs to prove that he has become the best basketball player in the world.

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2019, 10:26:48 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Me too.

Toronto is maybe a little deeper but there are more things that can go wrong with that team (Lowry, Kawhi's weird relationship to the rest of the offense) and I think Giannis has no ceiling. He could just go nuclear and put up 40-15-7 or something. And if Mirotic is healthy, they have a heck of a closing lineup.

Don't forget about Middleton too. 

To me, they're Boston's greatest threat, not Toronto or Philly.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2019, 10:26:55 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'm probably the only one who thinks this way but I'm hoping for the following at the end of the season:
1. Mil
2. Tor
3. Indy
4. C's
5. Philly.

-C's take on Philly in first round with HCA and beat them handily.  C's either sweep or lose 1 at most.
-C's then take on Mil and beat them in 6.  C's manage to take one in Mil by shutting down everyone but Giannis such that even with the blatant superstar calls Giannis gets, it's not enough to overcome the C's team effort.
-C's then take on Tor in ECF and take them in 6 as well by grabbing a game in Tor.  Tor isn't the playoff patsy it used to be before they got Kawhi but the C's have too many better players and overwhelm Tor in the end.
-C's take on GSW in the finals and take them in 6 following the same pattern of grabbing one of the first 2 road games and winning at home. 

My philosophy is that if you are the best team, you can beat anyone and everyone in a series.  Going through the best the league has to offer makes a title that much more satisfying and lays to rest any question that the winner is indeed the best team in the league.

it won't play out this way even if the C's do win the title since it's unlikely Indy can hold that 3rd spot which is crucial to keeping Mil, Tor and Philly from having to play each other and knock one of them out.

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2019, 02:52:27 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday

Toronto won't not with Kawhi and Danny Green those guys are proven Champions...

I'd rather take my chances against Kawhi than Giannis. Not only is Giannis by himself a force to be reckoned with, he has a great supporting cast that fits him perfectly and an outstanding coach in Budenholzer. Giannis has a chance these playoffs to prove that he has become the best basketball player in the world.

Who's the Bucks second best player? Khris Middleton? Kawhi will shut him down over 7 games... Let Giannis have his close out the rest of the Bucks... Defensively the Bucks legit load the paint they don't really play man to man and force you to shoot 3s.

It's all about game planning in my opinion the Bucks are easy to game plan against besides Giannis who else on that team will drop a 40 bomb?

Siakam dropped 44-10  his last game and has had multiple 30+ games this season... Danny Green is cold blooded killer in the playoffs from 3.

Toronto is harder to game plan against especially now that they got Gasol and he's going to create cutting lanes for Kawhi, Lowry, and Siakam.

Morris, Rozier, Brown, Tatum should be better then Brogdon, Snell, Lopez... I just don't trust a team that's never won a series playoffs is different everyone's record is 0-0 and I feel like Boston and Toronto just aren't playing to their level during the regular season because why should they? take a note from Lebron's book coast the regular season they turn the switch up in the playoffs.

Will the Bucks get better during the post season? I don't think so but Boston and Toronto will... I don't believe in Philly.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 02:59:59 PM by Briantir »

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2019, 03:03:24 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

He's on the team for 1 reason.

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2019, 03:27:25 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I'm probably the only one who thinks this way but I'm hoping for the following at the end of the season:
1. Mil
2. Tor
3. Indy
4. C's
5. Philly.

-C's take on Philly in first round with HCA and beat them handily.  C's either sweep or lose 1 at most.
-C's then take on Mil and beat them in 6.  C's manage to take one in Mil by shutting down everyone but Giannis such that even with the blatant superstar calls Giannis gets, it's not enough to overcome the C's team effort.
-C's then take on Tor in ECF and take them in 6 as well by grabbing a game in Tor.  Tor isn't the playoff patsy it used to be before they got Kawhi but the C's have too many better players and overwhelm Tor in the end.
-C's take on GSW in the finals and take them in 6 following the same pattern of grabbing one of the first 2 road games and winning at home. 

My philosophy is that if you are the best team, you can beat anyone and everyone in a series.  Going through the best the league has to offer makes a title that much more satisfying and lays to rest any question that the winner is indeed the best team in the league.

it won't play out this way even if the C's do win the title since it's unlikely Indy can hold that 3rd spot which is crucial to keeping Mil, Tor and Philly from having to play each other and knock one of them out.

I’m hoping we are the 3 seed, Philly 4th. I feel pretty confident we will beat whoever lands sixth, and then I’m hoping Philly finds matchups that let them take down the Bucks. If all of that happens, we still have to beat Toronto on the road, but if we do we get Philly at home in the ECF. I like our chances.