Author Topic: Sorry Laker fans: Paul George signs with OKC (4 yrs $137 mill)  (Read 6278 times)

Re: Sorry Laker fans: Paul George signs with OKC (4 yrs $137 mill)
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2018, 07:06:46 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
This is hilarious. My guess is the Lakers do what they did two summers ago - overpay mediocre players then try to use them to match salaries in a big trade.

Taking Lonzo over Tatum, Giving up young assets for Isaiah Thomas who may never play another game for LA, missing out on a top tier free agent who everyone was sure was going to sign.

and i'm just sitting here loving every minute of it  8)

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2018, 07:29:03 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
This is why you always trade for the player. Lakers need to learn that with Leonard or they may be really screwed, which is fine by me of course. 

On the other side this is why a team also shouldn't hesitate to trade for someone because at the end of the day if they like their teammates, coach, etc. it is hard to pass up more money to leave.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2018, 07:33:29 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
This is hilarious. My guess is the Lakers do what they did two summers ago - overpay mediocre players then try to use them to match salaries in a big trade.

Taking Lonzo over Tatum, Giving up young assets for Isaiah Thomas who may never play another game for LA, missing out on a top tier free agent who everyone was sure was going to sign.

and i'm just sitting here loving every minute of it  8)
yes, it is enjoyable to watch magic johnson keep the evil and stinky lakers as a non-relevant franchise. i want them to never, ever win another championship and all this makes me a very happy person.  ;D

it seems that johnson may turn desperate and overpay for so-so players. there is no surer way to salary-cap hell than overpaying for such players. ainge refuses to do so.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2018, 07:34:56 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Watch out Magic Johnson said he would retire if he couldn't bring LBJ, Kawhi, and PG-13 to the Lakers.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

1 down, 2 left to not come. LOL!!!!!
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2018, 07:39:26 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
It definitely appears focusing in LJ and KL before signing George was a bad management decision-

There is always next year—-Durant and Kyrie will opt out as will LJ again—-they blew it with Aldridge, now with George....Lakers mystique is fading