Author Topic: World Series Game 3, Red Sox vs. Dodgers  (Read 49222 times)

Re: World Series Game 3, Red Sox vs. Dodgers
« Reply #210 on: October 27, 2018, 08:34:15 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
So who do we start game 4?  Erod, Pomeranz, Sale on short rest?

I’m going to say Pomeranz with a very quick hook any sign of trouble.  Erod is more reliable at this point, but we may need him for the later innings.  Sale isn’t too great on short rest, but it’s still Chris Sale though.  I’d rather he line up against Kershaw on regular days rest.

« Reply #211 on: October 27, 2018, 08:48:13 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Baseball still exists?? 😝..havent watch baseball in 4 years and dont miss it one bit..i have watch (or try) couple innings this year..far as i got..baseball so boring and slow..too many teams hurt this sport also..24 teams should b bout it..talent not there
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #212 on: October 27, 2018, 09:03:41 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
I really cant believe we lost this game.. Kinsler was such a bad move and I called it as soon as it happened. Idc that jd Martinez rolled his ankle, you keep your best bat out there no matter what. 1st thing he does is almost get picked off at 1st. Then over-slides 3rd and almost gets tagged again, then gives just a p--- poor effort at home base. Then a few innings later with the error throwing to first was just dumb, he had another second or 2 to get his feet right and actually get a grip on the ball but instead he panics. Unbelievable..

Rant over. Let's take game 4 boys!

Bench Kinsler please.... I fkin don't want to see him for G4.

And please Mookie and Xander... Man I hope you get yourselves together because that 0 for gazilion atbats you both had will perhap never be broken... Get those heads out of your bums PLEASE.

« Reply #213 on: October 27, 2018, 10:26:01 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I really cant believe we lost this game.. Kinsler was such a bad move and I called it as soon as it happened. Idc that jd Martinez rolled his ankle, you keep your best bat out there no matter what. 1st thing he does is almost get picked off at 1st. Then over-slides 3rd and almost gets tagged again, then gives just a p--- poor effort at home base. Then a few innings later with the error throwing to first was just dumb, he had another second or 2 to get his feet right and actually get a grip on the ball but instead he panics. Unbelievable..

I don't know why people are mad at Kinsler on the play at home. Hthey never should have sent him. That throw was perfect, no amount of "effort" was gonna beat it.

The other criticisms are completely valid, though. Even just holding the ball instead of making an off-balance throw was the better decision
I'm bitter.

« Reply #214 on: October 27, 2018, 11:35:17 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things

I don't know why people are mad at Kinsler on the play at home. Hthey never should have sent him. That throw was perfect, no amount of "effort" was gonna beat it.

The other criticisms are completely valid, though. Even just holding the ball instead of making an off-balance throw was the better decision

Agreed.  I partially blame Cora though - there was no reason to pitch to Puig with two out and first ipen in extra innings.  Yes yes I know never put the winning run on but Barnes is awful and so was the next guy.  Not to mention that without any players left them tying it up was pretty much a loss in my mind.

« Reply #215 on: October 27, 2018, 12:42:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Could only make it to bottom of 13th. And the game went two more hours. Wow. Read that this game was longer in play time than the entire 1939 World Series.

« Reply #216 on: October 27, 2018, 01:01:25 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

A good slide might beat that throw. If the catcher knows he has to catch it and then bend to the ground it changes the play completely. Kinsler knew it would be close and he didn't even try. IMO he had better pray we win this series, he has practically been working for the other team in some of these games, especially at the plate and on the bases. Three whiffs then out, rally killer.

It's a real shame about last night, the Sox had a chance for an epic win and blew it through a number of small chokes that somehow added up to a terrible, terrible loss. It wasn't all Kinsler's fault, but he played a big role, and his cumulative failures have rightly drawn serious ire from the fanbase.

And honestly I'm trying to think of a loss in recent history in any sport that made as as angry as last night. Coming up empty. We had it.

« Reply #217 on: October 27, 2018, 01:05:12 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

Bench Kinsler please.... I fkin don't want to see him for G4.

And please Mookie and Xander... Man I hope you get yourselves together because that 0 for gazilion atbats you both had will perhap never be broken... Get those heads out of your bums PLEASE.

Yeah they sucked. In Betts' defense he totally got jobbed in one AB in the 13th inning or so. Two pitches well off the plate called strikes. The umpire was terrible and screwed us big time on a number of occasions.

« Reply #218 on: October 27, 2018, 01:21:45 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Sox I like: Vasquez, Holt, JBJ, raffy, Benny, Pearce, Porcello, price, kimbrel, Nunez, Kelly, Eduardo, eovaldi, brasier,

Sox I like less: Mitch, betts, JD, sale, bogie, sale, Kinsler, sandy, swihart, workman, Barnes, hembree, pomeranz.

Sox who need to be reeeeaaally good now for us to win: see "Sox I like less".
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #219 on: October 27, 2018, 01:36:58 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Top Three blunders:

1.  Bad throw by Kinsler
2.  Pitching to Puig (at least pitch around him...was he trying to throw a strike?)
3.  decision to bunt with zero outs in a nail biting situation when the pitcher couldn't find the strike
     zone.  I hate bunting when the pitcher is borderline distraught and the pressure is exponentially   
     rising.

« Reply #220 on: October 27, 2018, 02:05:35 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Top Three blunders:

1.  Bad throw by Kinsler
2.  Pitching to Puig (at least pitch around him...was he trying to throw a strike?)
3.  decision to bunt with zero outs in a nail biting situation when the pitcher couldn't find the strike
     zone.  I hate bunting when the pitcher is borderline distraught and the pressure is exponentially   
     rising.

I agree..I am brain dead from that epic game last night. That bunt was horrible with pitcher lost to find the plate....I pray our bats wake up tonight.

« Reply #221 on: October 27, 2018, 02:11:08 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

And honestly I'm trying to think of a loss in recent history in any sport that made as as angry as last night. Coming up empty. We had it.

Celtics-Cavaliers 2018 Eastern Conference Finals Game 7? And also considering the Celtics were leading the series 2-0 and even up 3-2.  :'(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)