Author Topic: Cavaliers (4-16) at Celtics (11-10) Game #22 11/30/18  (Read 22445 times)

Re: Cavaliers (4-16) at Celtics (11-10) Game #22 11/30/18
« Reply #360 on: November 30, 2018, 09:38:58 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Was watching from a bar so couldn't participate in the game thread but great victory, took care of business. I'm much more worried about these games against mediocre teams than I am against good teams, against good teams we have a good record and are switched on from the outset. Good to see that we were the same tonight against a not-so-good team. These are the games that really hurt when you lose them so it's good to see them do what they are supposed to.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #361 on: November 30, 2018, 09:43:24 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Defensive intensity needs to be more consistent. But can’t complain.

Kyrie was incredibly efficient.

Gordon showing more confidence.

Tomorrow night will be big test.

« Reply #362 on: November 30, 2018, 09:47:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Started the game late due to being on-call with a late consult this afternoon, but it seems clear that we look so much better with Smart and Morris in the starting lineup. Having another playmaker has allowed Kyrie to play off the ball more, which he excels in. Until Hayward is fully back, I like starting Smart over Brown in the starting lineup, as it makes us that much more dynamic on both offense and defense.

« Reply #363 on: November 30, 2018, 10:07:52 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Started the game late due to being on-call with a late consult this afternoon, but it seems clear that we look so much better with Smart and Morris in the starting lineup. Having another playmaker has allowed Kyrie to play off the ball more, which he excels in. Until Hayward is fully back, I like starting Smart over Brown in the starting lineup, as it makes us that much more dynamic on both offense and defense.

Agree. If it's good enough for Gordon to come off the bench right now it should be good enough for Jaylen as well.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #364 on: November 30, 2018, 10:08:30 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Good effort all around. Really love RW quickness. Smart is a beast as is Kyrie. Hayward was playing more confident. The whole team looked good. The good ship lollipop has arrived. Let's see if we can give same effort on the back to back against a better team. Go Celts!

« Reply #365 on: November 30, 2018, 10:48:04 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Kyrie said yesterday he told Gordon to be more agressive and it looks like he took it to heart. He seemed alot more confident out there tonight.

« Reply #366 on: November 30, 2018, 10:51:48 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
So far this starting 5 have not been disappointing.

Though this game was against the bottom-dwelling Cavs. But it's a start. Let's keep killing teams. We need a groove.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #367 on: November 30, 2018, 11:00:11 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
So far this starting 5 have not been disappointing.

Though this game was against the bottom-dwelling Cavs. But it's a start. Let's keep killing teams. We need a groove.

well, considering about a week or so ago we were down 20 to the bottom dwelling knicks. a 30point win over the cavs is nice. This is what we are supposed to do to bottom dwelling teams.

« Reply #368 on: November 30, 2018, 11:04:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Agree. If it's good enough for Gordon to come off the bench right now it should be good enough for Jaylen as well.
I agree that in the last 2 games while playing against pathetic defenses, the Kyrie Smart tandem has looked good. But that was against dreadful defenses.

Brown was coming out of his doldrums the four games before getting hurt hitting 19 of 31 for 12 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block and 1 steal per game in just 24 MPG.

I would have no problem with Stevens starting Brown again trying to build off what he was doing before the bump, but I would have no problem with going with Smart either.

I just think making a judgment on Smart's impact to the starters is probably hard to quantify given it's just two games, both against atrocious defensive teams. And, the Celtics seemed to start getting off to much faster starts in Brown's last 4 starts. So Stevens has two things to decide whether he wants to build on: Smart's performances in the last two games or Brown's improved play the 4 games before then.

I am good with either though prefer Smart off the bench.

I think Smart on the starting team will eventually limit Tatum's touches and I am not crazy about that. With Kyrie, Smart and Horford starting they will play the three man game from the top of the key while Tatum sits in a corner. With Smart on the bench and Brown starting, Tatum will be in that three man game and Brown will be the one sitting in the corner. I think that best for Tatum's development long term.

« Reply #369 on: November 30, 2018, 11:17:24 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
I have very little use for Charles Barkley - but I remember him saying on opening night before the 76ers game that a team can have too much talent. It seems this has played into the Celtics' struggles this season - too much talent trying to all fill the same scoring roles and playing lazy defense due to believing all their summer hype. Possibly inserting (relatively) lesser talented, but harder working, players into the starting lineup has allowed everyone to play within more defined roles and to be more effective. However, it's just 2 games and only time will tell. Let's hope that Knicks nightmare was hitting bottom for this group.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #370 on: December 01, 2018, 02:41:41 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
what did the Wannamaker-Williams pick and roll look like?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #371 on: December 01, 2018, 07:01:50 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
what did the Wannamaker-Williams pick and roll look like?

Williams had one great dunk but it seemed to me that the guys don't always want to feed him.

« Reply #372 on: December 01, 2018, 07:52:30 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Wannamaker was somewhat tentative for a couple minutes before he played better. It is understandable with little playing time but I don't think he is nearly as good as Larkin was but that is besides the point. If RW played with Smart it would be a dunk fest.

« Reply #373 on: December 01, 2018, 09:08:09 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
we will soon find out how potent rally is the new starting five against a much better competition against theWolves.

My hope is they should never be playing from behind ever again which seems to be the norm during the time when the original starting five was KI,JB,Hayward,tatum and Al...for some reason Kyrie defers too much whith that starting five where as now, Kyrie asserts himself on offense then Smart helps out a lot on D hence we don't play from behind, I really hate those 25-10 starts when then we try and catch up with the score while Kyrie sits down for rest...
Now, when Krie sits, we are playing in front hence  less pressure from GH and if ever, JB.

lets carry on with this starting five for the next 5 or so games and get a better sampling size.

« Reply #374 on: December 01, 2018, 09:11:58 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
we will soon find out how potent rally is the new starting five against a much better competition against theWolves.

My hope is they should never be playing from behind ever again which seems to be the norm during the time when the original starting five was KI,JB,Hayward,tatum and Al...for some reason Kyrie defers too much whith that starting five where as now, Kyrie asserts himself on offense then Smart helps out a lot on D hence we don't play from behind, I really hate those 25-10 starts when then we try and catch up with the score while Kyrie sits down for rest...
Now, when Krie sits, we are playing in front hence  less pressure from GH and if ever, JB.

lets carry on with this starting five for the next 5 or so games and get a better sampling size.

Yeah, Definitely want to see more of this starting lineup. People will say "well it was the cavs" but we did get blown out by the lowly knicks. This was a game where we did what we were SUPPOSED TO DO. which is feast and destroy a bottom dwelling team.

let's see how we play tonight. Hopefully we come out with the same energy.