Author Topic: Faried still not signed?  (Read 7366 times)

Re: Faried still not signed?
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2019, 08:16:31 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
If your definition of NBA player is someone who could be useful just in limited situations then we agree.

But Imho this is not a nba ready player.

Yes, what I mean is limited situations.

Also, if the Celts don't sign Tacko and make him a part of the 15-man roster, another team will steal him from the Celts.

There will be teams lining up to sign Tacko because of the hype he will generate.

yup the feel good publicity, a sure fan fav, after losing Kyrie ....the paying fans ...little kids will love it , its not unusual to have a popular declining older star ...D Wade or Kobe just as fan draw.   Tacko is a cheap way of pleasing the fans in the seats and getting lots of hype .  I say ride the train .  If he becomes useful as player , all the better.  Ride the initial wave of Tacko mania,  get off the train when its time.  He can earn a better paycheck thanbeing an engineer , he gets to,be famous .  All is cool.

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2019, 03:44:00 PM »

Offline EdfromMaine

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 1
Depth Chart: 

5-Kanter Theis Poirier RWilliams
4- Hayward (Tatum) GWilliams
3-Tatum (Brown) Ojeleye
2-Brown (Smart) Wannamker Langford
1-Walker Smart Edwards

Tell me where the need is.  Tacko, is NOT an answer.  There are a lot of unknowns....GWilliams size and ability to jump and the rookie guards ability to handle the speed of the pro game.  Mr. Fall does not solve any problems. 

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2019, 03:52:42 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
If your definition of NBA player is someone who could be useful just in limited situations then we agree.

But Imho this is not a nba ready player.

Yes, what I mean is limited situations.

Also, if the Celts don't sign Tacko and make him a part of the 15-man roster, another team will steal him from the Celts.

There will be teams lining up to sign Tacko because of the hype he will generate.
They don't need to add him to the roster. They can convert his contract to a two way contract.

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2019, 03:54:39 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Depth Chart: 

5-Kanter Theis Poirier RWilliams
3-Tatum (Brown) Ojeleye
2-Brown (Smart) Wannamker Langford
1-Walker Smart Edwards

Tell me where the need is.  Tacko, is NOT an answer.  There are a lot of unknowns....GWilliams size and ability to jump and the rookie guards ability to handle the speed of the pro game.  Mr. Fall does not solve any problems.
on what planet is wanna maker a 2

« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2019, 04:17:18 PM »

Offline EdfromMaine

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 1
Let me correct my error.  With Theis gone, a power forward is critically needed. 

5-Kanter Poirier RWilliams
3-Tatum (Brown) Ojeleye
2-Brown (Smart) Langford
1-Walker Smart Edwards Wannamaker

Two-way:  Strus and Waters

Will there be a trade of a small for a pf or simply sign Faried? 

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2019, 04:20:37 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Let me correct my error.  With Theis gone, a power forward is critically needed. 

3-Tatum (Brown) Ojeleye
2-Brown (Smart) Langford

Theis is not gone, just contract finagling.

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2019, 04:22:35 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

3-Tatum (Brown) Ojeleye
2-Brown (Smart) Langford

theis may not be gone:

To sign Theis with his early bird rights, the Celtics rescinded their qualifying offer, making the big man an unrestricted free agent, according to Yahoo! Sports’ Keith Smith. This allows Boston to re-sign him via the exception. Theis reportedly agreed to a two-year, $10 million dollar deal in early July, so making him unrestricted doesn’t mean Boston will lose him.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2019/07/celtics-rescind-qualifying-offer-for-daniel-theis-among-host-of-cap-moves/
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva