Author Topic: DeMarcus Cousins in New Orleans  (Read 1964 times)

DeMarcus Cousins in New Orleans
« on: February 26, 2017, 08:31:25 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
So now New Orleans is 0-2 with their new Twin Towers. Last night DMC looked frustrated and unhappy. I mean he got 9 shots and 2 of them were at the end of the game desperation shots. 9 shots for DMC wow. Oh yeah Davis had 34 shots. How does that happen? Do you think he can be happy becoming the Al Horford of New Orleans?

At a time out at the end of the game you could see Ajinca and Montejunis behind Cousins and Davis and Ajinca towered over both Davis & Cousins - man he is really tall.

C'mon their coach must be pretty bad if all you can get is 9 shots for Cousins in his 2nd game. Guys like Solomon Hill making drives to the basket at the end of the game and losing the ball off his leg. Get those scrubs out of the way and let the man have the ball or trade him to us next summer.

Re: DeMarcus Cousins in New Orleans
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 08:39:54 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Cousins is always frustrated and unhappy.  That's why most of the league didn't want him and he ended up being traded for peanuts.  I'm sure he could have taken more shots if he wanted to.

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 08:43:42 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Wow, TP for sharing that info I had no idea. He would be preparing to burn the place down after a 9 shot game. I wonder when the last time he had a game with under 15 shots was?

They will have to work this out very soon.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 08:53:36 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Wow, TP for sharing that info I had no idea. He would be preparing to burn the place down after a 9 shot game. I wonder when the last time he had a game with under 15 shots was?

He was in foul trouble in the first half and by then AD had it going. In the first game, he had 19 shots compared to 21 for AD. This is a non-issue.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 08:55:33 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

I don't know if he has ever had a game with 9 shots or less. I wouldn't know how to find out that info. But watching the game it was terrible that they didn't put DMC down low and let him go to work on a bad defensive Dallas team. Granted they had Noel on him when I was watching but nonetheless they should have fed him. It was all about AD and Jrue and a couple scrubs. They were doing the offensive/defensive substitutions at the end taking out DMC on defense for guys like Cunningham. Wow from going from THE MAN to basically a decoy. Has to be deflating and if it continues I can see him really wanting out of there. Or they need to get a new coach.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 09:00:24 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

I don't know if he has ever had a game with 9 shots or less. I wouldn't know how to find out that info. But watching the game it was terrible that they didn't put DMC down low and let him go to work on a bad defensive Dallas team. Granted they had Noel on him when I was watching but nonetheless they should have fed him. It was all about AD and Jrue and a couple scrubs. They were doing the offensive/defensive substitutions at the end taking out DMC on defense for guys like Cunningham. Wow from going from THE MAN to basically a decoy. Has to be deflating and if it continues I can see him really wanting out of there. Or they need to get a new coach.
Based on one game you are already starting to blame everything around Cousins?  It's one game.  He got plenty of shots in the first game.

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 09:03:21 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

He was in foul trouble in the first half and by then AD had it going. In the first game, he had 19 shots compared to 21 for AD. This is a non-issue.

He had 3 fouls in the first half so yeah I guess you could say foul trouble. Still with a second option why wouldn't you use him.

They have some pretty bad players on that team

Hollis Thompson 25 minutes 0 points
Solomon Hill 36 minutes 2 points

That is 2 of their starters. Holiday was 5-17 for 18 pts.

Just bad man. It may not be an issue for 1 game but if the trend continues I do see an issue and I would not blame Cousins if he becomes unhappy there.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 10:14:22 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Cousins sucks.
Danny is smart.

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 10:55:07 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
To early to say, I think they could be good together if the coach uses the right system. But Cousins is a malcontent and as others said that's why GM's stayed away from him.

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 11:00:27 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
This is the best thing that could have happened to Cousins.  In Sacramento he was never held accountable by teammates, coaches, ownership, or the media.  Now that he's no longer the franchise player, he's not going to be insulated and protected by an entire organization.  New Orleans is a good spot because it's another small market where he won't have to face the pressure and expectations of a big media market ( which by the way he's CLEARLY not ready to handle), but also won't face the expectations of producing like a true star because he's playing alongside Anthony Davis.

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 11:04:57 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1552
This season alone in Sacto, Cousins has had games of 10, 11, 11, and 12 shots and it wasn't like he was playing next to someone scoring nearly 40 points.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 11:06:29 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Only 2 games.. Playing with no guards... After summer we shall see his potential

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 11:07:26 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
This season alone in Sacto, Cousins has had games of 10, 11, 11, and 12 shots and it wasn't like he was playing next to someone scoring nearly 40 points.

That is interesting. I wonder if those were complete games or games he was ejected from  :laugh: