Author Topic: How Kawhi Can Continue to Diminish LeBron’s Legacy  (Read 1401 times)

How Kawhi Can Continue to Diminish LeBron’s Legacy
« on: July 04, 2019, 10:30:37 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Kawhi is now the best player in the world, but LeBron is still the bigger name even though Klaw is the best, ended LeBron’s run in Miami, and somehow won Finals MVP representing the East and the West (has anybody else done that before?).

If he continues to drag this out even if knows he’s going back to the Raptors or joining the Clippers, he’ll basically royally screw over LeBron since he’ll be left in 2019-2021 with AD, Dudley and a bunch of scrubs (only potential savior would be Draymond in 2020 because it’s a weak free agency class). Lucky to make the playoffs with no chance of outshining the Clippers with or without Kawhi.

The smart play: If he’s going to LA, respectfully tell Toronto you are going to LA, but ask them to remain silent. Sign the contract with the Clippers but date it July 18. Tell them the plan to royally screw the Lakers. If the Raptors leak, Kawhi says he’s going to LA but is undecided about which team. Go underground after that statement until July 18, at which time you go ROFL when LeBron does this:

Wait two more years, and Kawhi likely has four championships to LeBron’s three, maybe right in LA right as LeBron is fading away for good. By the end of it, perhaps everyone is calling Kawhi the best player since Jordan.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 10:35:56 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

Re: How Kawhi Can Continue to Diminish LeBron’s Legacy
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 10:34:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Kawhi is now the best player in the world, but LeBron is still the bigger name even though Klaw is the best, ended LeBron’s run in Miami, and somehow won Finals MVP representing the East and the West (has anybody else done that before?).

If he continues to drag this out even if knows he’s going back to the Raptors or joining the Clippers, he’ll basically royally screw over LeBron since he’ll be left in 2019-2020 with AD, Dudley and a bunch of scrubs. Lucky to make the playoffs with no chance of outshining the Clippers with or without Kawhi.

The smart play: If he’s going to LA, respectfully tell Toronto you are going to LA, but ask them to remain silent. Sign the contract with the Clippers but date it July 18. Tell them the plan to royally screw the Lakers. If the Raptors leak, Kawhi says he’s going to LA but is undecided about which team. Go underground after that statement until July 18, at which time you go ROFL when LeBron does this:

This is immature, vindictive, and childish and if Kawhi did this I think he would lose tremendous amount of respect across the league.

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 10:37:30 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

If he continues to drag this out even if knows he’s going back to the Raptors or joining the Clippers, he’ll basically royally screw over LeBron since he’ll be left in 2019-2020 with AD, Dudley and a bunch of scrubs. Lucky to make the playoffs with no chance of outshining the Clippers with or without Kawhi.

This is immature, vindictive, and childish and if Kawhi did this I think he would lose tremendous amount of respect across the league.

How long do you think Kawhi could drag this out before it hurts the level of respect for him?

I hate LeBron and want to see him burn. With regards to the NBA, nothing would make me happier save for us winning a championship; nothing  would make me more sad and pessimistic than seeing Kawhi join AD and LeBron. The last thing I want to see in the NBA is LeBron James winning another championship as a Laker.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 10:45:11 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 10:49:40 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
I don't think that Kawhi is at all interested in diminishing Lebron's legacy. I think he wants to be in LA and win. The fact that he just won in Toronto complicates the decision for him, but I think he does really does want to be in LA.

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 10:57:49 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
I don't think that Kawhi is at all interested in diminishing Lebron's legacy. I think he wants to be in LA and win. The fact that he just won in Toronto complicates the decision for him, but I think he does really does want to be in LA.

If you were Kawhi and know you’re the best in the world, know you were the only guy who could shutdown prime LeBron in 2014, would you not be somewhat interested in diminishing LeBron’s legacy by ensuring you become Mr. LA and win titles in LA without LeBron? Why would you join LeBron and let him take the credit for everything if it goes right and take all of the blame if it goes wrong (LeBron’s MO since day one)?

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 11:23:46 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

If you were Kawhi and know you’re the best in the world, know you were the only guy who could shutdown prime LeBron in 2014, would you not be somewhat interested in diminishing LeBron’s legacy by ensuring you become Mr. LA and win titles in LA without LeBron? Why would you join LeBron and let him take the credit for everything if it goes right and take all of the blame if it goes wrong (LeBron’s MO since day one)?
as much as I hate Lebron and the Lakers, I don't see any reason he would care about Lebron's legacy.  his own, possibly.  Lebron's, no.  having said that, he may think his legacy would be as good as it could get if he's the one that helps the Lakers catch the Celtics in number of titles

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 01:40:06 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598

as much as I hate Lebron and the Lakers, I don't see any reason he would care about Lebron's legacy.  his own, possibly.  Lebron's, no.  having said that, he may think his legacy would be as good as it could get if he's the one that helps the Lakers catch the Celtics in number of titles

Bigger legacy is carrying the supposedly inferior LA team to a championship. Raptors and Clippers used to be laughing stock of the league and he turned them around. It speaks volume about his talent and leadership.

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2019, 03:48:18 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Bigger legacy is carrying the supposedly inferior LA team to a championship. Raptors and Clippers used to be laughing stock of the league and he turned them around. It speaks volume about his talent and leadership.

Agreed. If the Lakers won 17 with Kawhi, LeBron will get all of the credit. If they do not win 17, Kawhi will get all of the blame.

If he goes to the Clippers, he’ll still outperform LeBron’s ragtag band, so his legacy is good championship or not. Maybe AD even jumps ship next offseason.