Author Topic: Josh Jackson traded for peanuts  (Read 3001 times)

Re: Josh Jackson traded for peanuts
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2019, 08:57:56 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He just had some legal troubles.

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2019, 09:20:06 AM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
It's kind of funny, but Tatum is the only one of the top 4 from his draft that hasn't had his career look like a joke so far.

That might be a little harsh as to Ball.  Ball's issues are mostly related to injuries

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2019, 09:29:25 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
It's kind of funny, but Tatum is the only one of the top 4 from his draft that hasn't had his career look like a joke so far.

That might be a little harsh as to Ball.  Ball's issues are mostly related to injuries
and of the top four players from that draft, tatum is the only one still with the team that drafted him.

ainge did well. he got the best player at #3 and an asset to boot by trading and drafting well.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2019, 09:33:19 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
remember when people here wanted him instead of tatum

he is more explosive, versatile defender and a good passer

the jump shot was a concern and it looks like, its still the same

his body still looks the same also

If he was more dedicated and didn't get himself involved in offcourt issues.... ton of potential

maybe this is a wakeup call. But odds are, he will be out of the league after his rookie deal is finished
This is the trap Triboy! You can't evaluate a player only based on physical tools. In fact, it is easy to argue that physical tools are among the least important attribute for the average NBA player

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2019, 09:51:07 AM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
remember when people here wanted him instead of tatum6

he is more explosive, versatile defender and a good passer

the jump shot was a concern and it looks like, its still the same

his body still looks the same also

If he was more dedicated and didn't get himself involved in offcourt issues.... ton of potential

maybe this is a wakeup call. But odds are, he will be out of the league after his rookie deal is finished
This is the trap Triboy! You can't evaluate a player only based on physical tools. In fact, it is easy to argue that physical tools are among the least important attribute for the average NBA player

I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Phoenix isnt exactly the best place to develop young players.

There are lots of headcase youngsters who still have some successful careers. Spreewell, Zbo and Sheed comes to mind.

This is a great trade for Memphis. Jackson fit their grit and grind culture. The question is whether he buys into their team philosophy.

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2019, 09:51:16 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
He was my binkie going into the draft. Man I got that wrong. Thought he’d be a great Celtic.

Hahaha it happens, I never really liked the kid, seemed like an athlete that didn't know how to play basketball but what do I know? Hard to predict college kids even pro scouts mess it up and they get paid not to!

Looking at the Suns recent picks ownership should clean house they are doing a HORRIBLE job! :o

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2019, 09:53:55 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
He was my binkie going into the draft. Man I got that wrong. Thought he’d be a great Celtic.

Hahaha it happens, I never really liked the kid, seemed like an athlete that didn't know how to play basketball but what do I know? Hard to predict college kids even pro scouts mess it up and they get paid not to!

Looking at the Suns recent picks ownership should clean house they are doing a HORRIBLE job! :o

They cleaned house last fall, but I’m not sure they improved at all.