Author Topic: Are the nets going to be worse this upcoming season?  (Read 1194 times)

Are the nets going to be worse this upcoming season?
« on: July 02, 2019, 10:09:46 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Nets lost their engine: DeAngelo Russell. Russell was a pace-and-space ball sharer unlike kyrie. Kyrie is more ISO. They also lost carroll. And KD won't be there next season

Re: Are the nets going to be worse this upcoming season?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 10:25:08 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Not even close
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 10:34:30 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I was thinking the same thing...Maybe. I wouldn't be so sure that Kyrie is going to make any of their guys better. They overachieved last season and a big part of that was their departing All-Star PG, Russell.

I suppose Jordan could help with the improvement as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if they end upright around the same range of 42 wins. I predict 45 wins - their entire future hinges on KD returning to his former glory and hoping Kyrie doesn't destroy the will of their focused and active role players in the meantime.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 10:48:57 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
In general teams that over achieve one season tend to under achieve the next.  But there's also no Jaylen/Tatum/Hayward dynamic nor Morris black hole effect nor Rozier playing for a contract so they may well avoid that if Kyrie stays healthy.

Like the Celtics they're going to be a real interesting team to watch.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 10:58:04 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think that they'll be about where we were last year: high 40s, low 50s in terms of win total.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 11:03:43 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I think that they'll be about where we were last year: high 40s, low 50s in terms of win total.
The Nets were only 42-40 last season. Assuming health, I'd guess 44 or 45 wins. 

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 11:30:50 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Nets were a fast paced team last year. With Kyrie pounding the ball, there's a chance that these guys will lose their rhythm. Will Lavert or Dinwidie create their own shots out of nothing? Because all of the defensive attention will go to Kyrie. DJ ain't no threat either outside of lobs and putbacks.

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 12:31:59 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
The Nets were only 42-40 last season. Assuming health, I'd guess 44 or 45 wins.

Yeah, I'd say the same or a little worse. I do think people underestimate Kyrie's slower pace on the team, though, along with how his game will change the team's game a bit.

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 12:41:34 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
So far

Out
Carroll
Harris
Dudley
Russell

In (and playing)
Temple
Jordan
Irving
Prince

Notable injury point: Russell player 81 games last year while Irving missed 15. Irving has missed an average over 15-20 game in his career without looking it up. Also notable lever missed serious time last season and heads into season healthy