Author Topic: The Nets Recruitment of Kyrie Irving by Dinwiddie: not tampering? Technically  (Read 2803 times)

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Look - HT to the OP for bringing this up. Seems like it has a lot of credence to it.

BUT - didn't MANY of us want Kyrie gone??

So - NOW we're complaining about the potential METHODS used in him LEAVING?

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Meh. Tampering rules shouldn’t exist anyway.

I hope you’re joking. That’s quite a ridiculous statement.
CELTICS 2024

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Every team has been tampering honestly. The best we can do is not make it overt, with GMs calling players directly. But you can't tell me that Al Horford and his reps didn't know they had a $109m deal coming from the Sixers, or that the Nets didn't find a way to talk to Kyrie and KD all year, or that the Celtics didn't talk to Kemba before Sunday. With texts, cellphones, Facetime, I don't know how you can prevent it really.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Every team has been tampering honestly. The best we can do is not make it overt, with GMs calling players directly. But you can't tell me that Al Horford and his reps didn't know they had a $109m deal coming from the Sixers, or that the Nets didn't find a way to talk to Kyrie and KD all year, or that the Celtics didn't talk to Kemba before Sunday. With texts, cellphones, Facetime, I don't know how you can prevent it really.

Unless NBA wiretaps every player's phone numbers.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

or make an example of one team, and dare any other team to tamper.

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598

or make an example of one team, and dare any other team to tamper.

That could be chaotic as every team would be guilty of it and would point fingers to each other.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Look - HT to the OP for bringing this up. Seems like it has a lot of credence to it.

BUT - didn't MANY of us want Kyrie gone??

So - NOW we're complaining about the potential METHODS used in him LEAVING?

Most of us wanted him gone because he’d checked out on the team and was being a moron.  But the issue with the tampering is not just that Brooklyn signed him, it’s that Brooklyn’s tampering could have helped push him towards checking out and being a moron.  For sure, Kyrie already has those tendencies in him (see: Cleveland), but did Brooklyn help that along?  Were it not for their interference, not only might he have wanted to stay, he might have acted in a manner that made us want him to stay.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Kyries mind reminds me of a 13 year old girls 

thought process all,over the place .  totally not sure sure where he is going in life , emotions running crazy ....

if he was committed and adult thinking , he would take his job more seriously , n see problems though...handle it like an adult .  He runs from problems , always looking for,the easy way out .  He is a childish quitter.  The last thing he is ....is a leader ...he can't make up his own mind about anything.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 08:05:35 AM by SHAQATTACK »