Author Topic: The Knicks fiasco  (Read 2627 times)

Re: The Knicks fiasco
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 01:26:16 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62
Well they were able to get some bigs unlike us lol. We have more talent by far but in a physical half court game they may beat are asses! Thank god we traded Baynes!! :-\
They will not beat our behind because they have Randle, Portis, Gibson and whoever. It's not the 90's and 00's anymore. It's not a center's league anymore. We still need to get some bigs, don't get me wrong. But it's like we will be playing against a Shaq every game. We may suffer when we face Embiid, Anthony Davis etc, but I think we'll be fine in the half court against the Knicks
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 01:29:19 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Well they were able to get some bigs unlike us lol. We have more talent by far but in a physical half court game they may beat are asses! Thank god we traded Baynes!! :-\
They look pretty much set at the 4-5 positions. It seems that they won't keep Vonleh.

I'd love us to go after Vonleh with the room exception.

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 01:32:27 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Do we have any links to S. Smith videos on how Knicks were going to be signing every big free agent out there? :) Now, Giannis is there new target. Sure he wants to join that well run franchise. Brooklyn beat them out twice yesterday. Think about that...Brooklyn!

My first metal concert was in Brooklyn back in the days you needed to be a bit crazy to go there. Times have changed I guess.

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 01:44:54 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Yeah, they're a dumpster fire.

That said, probably the only way for the Knicks to rehab their franchise is to just be solid for a while.  Sign a bunch of capable, hard-working vets and try to win 41+ games for half a decade.  If they did that and avoided major scandals, didn't cycle through a different head coach every season, and were just a solid middle of the road, mediocre NBA team, that might change things. get a new owner.

I mean, yeah.

Hahahaha TP!

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2019, 10:44:51 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
This is getting better and better!

Quote from: Bleacher Report
Knicks reportedly cancelled a meeting with Kawhi Leonard in fear of missing out on other free agents, per @NYPost_Berman

They cancelled a meeting with Kawhi in fear of missing out on Bobby Portis and Taj Gibson? ;D

Only ''big name'' they've signed is Randle. They had more than enough cap space to sign both Randle and Kawhi.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 11:03:35 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2019, 10:49:51 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If Kawhi wants to meet with you, you do it, but here we are on the eve of July 4th with very few decent FAs left and he still hasn't made a decision. It's obvious the Knicks were a distant 4th in the Kawhi sweepstakes and I am sure they knew that. I imagine they just didn't want to be left out in the cold.

But I get it, if they were 'forced' to sign Morris and Cousins instead of Portis and Gibson, I think they would have been alright (or definitely better). Randle seems like the only guy that they wanted to lock up early.

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2019, 11:28:52 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
This is getting better and better!

Quote from: Bleacher Report
Knicks reportedly cancelled a meeting with Kawhi Leonard in fear of missing out on other free agents, per @NYPost_Berman

They cancelled a meeting with Kawhi in fear of missing out on Bobby Portis and Taj Gibson? ;D

Only ''big name'' they've signed is Randle. They had more than enough cap space to sign both Randle and Kawhi.
Can't make this stuff up
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2019, 11:45:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
all those two year contracts are on purpose to realign up with the FA scene again.  Typical Knicks and Lakers , buy and rebuild in one fell stroke .

Silver needs to help the none NY anD LA teams with options that make playets stop and think even more . 

they think Kawhi is stay n in Toronto for another 2 years and then they can dump everybody again and go for THREE MAX FAs.

If Kawhi was headed to Lakers he ll sign a long term deal i would think or more than two years.

Lakers buying junk players at 1-2 million ...keeping that cap room open.