Author Topic: Do any of you play electric guitar?  (Read 5103 times)

Do any of you play electric guitar?
« on: October 29, 2010, 09:14:35 AM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
The reason I ask is not because I do - I don't....but I am co-owner of a start-up company, Killer Guitar Components, that manufactures components for electric guitars (mainly from brass) and if any of you guys have any interest in any of our stuff - I'd like to offer a CB discount!  

Also, I want to know from anyone on here what they think of our website.  How could it be improved?  Or is it OK the way it is?  Any suggestions are much appreciated.  

Thanks guys.  I know I can always come here for the best advice.  Celtics fans ARE the smartest and most talented.  

Check it out:  www.killerguitarcomponents.com
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

Re: Do any of you play electric guitar?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 10:24:04 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
Lol, I was actually listening to some metal earlier (rock and roll) before I saw this topic.

It must be great to own your own guitar parts dealership and all that; I'm not a guitar player or anything but I enjoy listening to guitar and as a musician I can only wish you the best of luck as far as your business endeavors are concerned.  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaR2JeqxQDY
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 10:46:58 AM by Witch-King »
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 11:29:59 AM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Lol, I was actually listening to some metal earlier (rock and roll) before I saw this topic.

It must be great to own your own guitar parts dealership and all that; I'm not a guitar player or anything but I enjoy listening to guitar and as a musician I can only wish you the best of luck as far as your business endeavors are concerned.  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaR2JeqxQDY

Thanks for the kind words - and for some good 'ol Boston on a Friday.  It is very enjoyable having this business, but it will be a lot better once we get some more exposure and start making some real $$.   ;D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 11:35:46 AM by celtsrp33 »
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 10:42:22 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
i play both electric and acoustic guitar. Checked out your website and it looks pretty good man. Nice and professional, very appealing to the eye, easy to navigate. I'm not too good with all the nuts and bolts, and tune up aspects of the guitar but if I ever need anything I'll make sure to check out your place first man. Good luck with your ventures.

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 06:53:54 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
does guitar hero count?  ;)

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 07:06:22 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
No offense, but is commercial promotion allowed on these forums?

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 02:57:12 AM »

Offline Ritchie21clayton

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
Yes I do play electronic guitar...
Just gone through your website and found it quite interesting and will be useful for people like me needing such components of electronic guitar. Loved the play you displayed the parts in a simple manner. So just want to know how can I take the advantage of the CB discount???

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 05:29:32 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I'm a musician/songwriter and have been playing guitar since I was 8 years old. I also play keyboards, drums, bass, percussion, and sax, but guitar is my primary instrument. I have both electric and acoustic guitars, but prefer electric, and have played in many bands/venues over the years, (though fusion is my favorite genre ... unfortunately, there are not many venues in my area that allow for it).

I have many different brands of guitar, but ESP is my present favorite. I do a lot of customizing myself, so I'm definitely always on the lookout for great components at a good price. I will certainly check out your site and get back to you. I have many musician friends who customize as well, so if you have quality parts, (especially pickups and electronics), I will send more business your way.

I have a 32-track studio in my home, so customization is a big part of getting unique sounds from my instruments, and also being able to tweak the sounds that others may be wanting to get during production. I don't always have the exact guitar/set-up that other musicians are looking for, but customization often solves those problems more efficiently and more economically. Good luck with the business! :)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 08:52:37 AM »

Offline Yusuf Mohammed

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
When i was young. I wanted to play Guitar or drums, But my teacher told me that i am not old enough to play on such there instruments. And after that i played piano and i loved it

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 11:49:24 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
OK, Celtsrp33 ... I have a desperate need for a specialty item. I need a set of ESP, (or ESP-type - Sperzel, Gotoh?), locking tuning keys, (keystone type), 3x3, but here's the rub: The need to have a double-pin mounting, not screw-mount or single-pin, (like most Sperzel).

I have literally scoured the internet ... ESP does not sell their parts, (don't ask me why), and the only company that stocked them, GPDUSA, has just closed down. I had actually just purchased from them when I received an email as to their demise, (something that should make you happy, I would imagine, being a major competitor).

They fit all EC-Series ESP LTD guitars and should be in quite demand, but I can not find any beyond the company that just closed. If you can help me, I will send a ton of biz your way. Thanks in advance!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 10:11:57 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
if you make basses id be glad to test them out..

send me one

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 10:14:45 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
What I do when I get frustrated with the Celtics.