Author Topic: I am convinced that Sheeds deal will have to be traded in a 3 or 4 team  (Read 996 times)

Offline SCBirdman

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 31
trade. I can't see anyone right now trading straight up for a wing. Teams all over the league are looking for wings or don't appear to be looking for salary dump.

I have no idea who or what teams will be involved to make this happen, but I do believe that it will not be a straight up deal.

Any thoughts on possible 3-4 team deals to acquire a legit backup 3.

To me, Houston is the ideal team to acquire a wing, as they have both Ariza and Battier, but we don't have anything they want. I know teams are after Scola, so maybe he would be included.

Fire when ready.

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154

If you could get a good youngish big for Sheed, like say Varejao, I'd do that and make Perkins or Davis available - that might get you a solid wing.

Washington interested in unloading Hinrich's contract now that they already got the draft pick? Sheed, $1.5 mil to buy him out, and the nonguaranteed contracts of Oliver Lafayette and Semih Erden for Kirk Hinrich? We add $1.5 million to current salary and $8 million more in expiring money next year, get a 29 year old who can shoot and defend on the wings and play backup point, Washington saves $6-8 million on the cap depending on the buyout amount and whether they hold on to Lafayette or Erden and $17 million overall.
Go Celtics.

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Is there any way to get AK47 in a 3 team trade?  I believe he can play the 2, 3 and 4,  and good defender and passer.  I like the idea of Battier too.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
Is there any way to get AK47 in a 3 team trade?  I believe he can play the 2, 3 and 4,  and good defender and passer.  I like the idea of Battier too.

Battier would be great and the money fits though I don't see why Houston would just give him away; his contract expires this year anyway. Kirilenko a little too injury prone for his money. He makes $17.8 million this year so we'd need to add $8 million in contracts to Sheed to be able to bring Kirilenko on.
Go Celtics.