Author Topic: varejao - sheed  (Read 3845 times)

Re: varejao - sheed
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 11:46:44 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Part of me says that we need to acquire a better wing that Moon.

Part of me says we don't really need Sideshow, with the addition of JO.

Part of me hates to give up on Big Game Davis, who I (cautiously) think is ready to start putting it all together.

But....   love the idea of an active, annoying/frustrating big man, one who can get up and down the court, grab offensive rebounds...  yeah.  KG/Perk/JO/Sideshow.  That's a LOT of size, a diverse skillset among the big men.  Would match up against LA, and given that Miami has one big man of note on the roster, not sure how the hell they would match up.

'Sheed and BBD for Sideshow and Moon...  c'mon, Danny Gilbert.  You know you want to stick it to LeBron; let us be your ten foot pole.

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 03:05:33 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I would do it.

Come playoff time, there will be KG, Perk, Oneal, and Sideshow to get under the other teams skins.   

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 03:29:07 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Not sure why the Cavs would do this even though I realize they are now a lottery team and Andy is of little use to them.  There will be no urgency to dump cap space as there is no one to sign this year or next of any consequence.  I think they'd want youth or picks in return for Varejo. 

Yeah, didn't Gilbert just say he will put his BEST effort now into getting them a championship?  I don't see how trading one of now his best players for literally nothing follows along with that claim of his.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 04:09:23 AM »

Offline falconj

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 0
I would do it.

Come playoff time, there will be KG, Perk, Oneal, and Sideshow to get under the other teams skins.   

I can picture Gasol crying

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 07:26:16 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
The guy has no balls (literally).

Really? He's had his testicles removed?

Not sure why the Cavs would do this even though I realize they are now a lottery team and Andy is of little use to them.  There will be no urgency to dump cap space as there is no one to sign this year or next of any consequence.  I think they'd want youth or picks in return for Varejo. 

Yeah, didn't Gilbert just say he will put his BEST effort now into getting them a championship?  I don't see how trading one of now his best players for literally nothing follows along with that claim of his.

They're not winning soon, not with that void. They had no All Star talent around Lebron, they certainly don't have any All Star talent without him. Ultimately, Gilbert and his GM will realize that. Or the Chinese partners will demand it to cut their losses.

It's in their best interest to realize it soon, though. They're gonna have to dump some bad long term salary. And they should do it now before a new CBA comes in that may make it far more difficult to dump bad money. And all those contracts - including Varejao's remaining 4 years and $32 million - are gonna look worse when they're on a 25 win team. Varejao above a lot of those other guys is a player who looks a lot better on a good team than a bad team.

Even if the CBA doesn't make it more difficult to shave money, there's no harm since none of these guys are still gonna be around if and when Cleveland becomes a contender again.

Still I think you gotta take another bad contract with Varejao, even if it's just Gibson's.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 07:33:44 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I think we need to use 'Sheed's contract for a quality backup wing who can play both the 2 and 3.

Then a vet min big guy to fill in for Perk. Ben Wallace would be my first phone call.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2010, 08:34:36 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

They do it to help us defeat Lebron and the Heat.

this is actually an interesting angle.
It is.  Dan Gilbert promised the CLE fans they would win a championship before Miami.  Keep in mind that Miami is desperate for a big man.  Even Beasley is gone.  You can talk about them possibly signing Shaq or Kwame, but they need somebody better.  Varrejao would be perfect.

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2010, 08:41:22 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I think we need to use 'Sheed's contract for a quality backup wing who can play both the 2 and 3.

Then a vet min big guy to fill in for Perk. Ben Wallace would be my first phone call.

They need to trade for the best player available.

Sideshow helps this team past the end of the 3 stars. 

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2010, 09:36:38 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Perhaps Gilbert would be convinced if we threw in $17.41 cash too.