Author Topic: Rumor: GSW moving Maggette? To the Bucks? (Merged)  (Read 9520 times)

Re: Rumor: GSW moving Maggette? To the Bucks? (Merged)
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 06:23:11 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Good trade for both teams, IMO.

I'd like Gadzuric on the Cs as a backup.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 06:32:11 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Good trade for both teams, IMO.

I'd like Gadzuric on the Cs as a backup.

I'd wager he could be available, in exchange for Sheed. Could even pry a 2nd rounder (#44) from GSW out of it, considering the deal would save them some money.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 06:36:54 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
I'd wager he could be available, in exchange for Sheed. Could even pry a 2nd rounder (#44) from GSW out of it, considering the deal would save them some money.

Funny you mention that particular pick, Lucky, since Chad Ford is now reporting that the 44th pick is headed to Milwaukee along with Maggette.

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 06:39:40 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Funny you mention that particular pick, Lucky, since Chad Ford is now reporting that the 44th pick is headed to Milwaukee along with Maggette.

I hope Danny is calling Golden State, to see what other parts we can raid from their pantry.

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 06:43:39 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
Gadzuric is terrible. Maggette would have had a chance at being a star if he wasn't (a) a terrible locker room guy who doesn't care about his team's performance, (b) an awful defender and (c) extremely injury-prone. Other than that, though, good move to pay him $30 million over the next three years. Since his teams have always done so well that's money well spent.

As bad as Gadzuric is, I think it's a great move by Golden State to save money and get rid of a poor contract and bad teammate who hurts the development of younger guys. Now all they need to do is unload ballhog Monta Ellis to focus on building around Curry and other young players. I really thought Golden State would have to throw in a fairly promising young player guy to unload Maggette's salary. Shows what I know.

I'm curious to see what Golden State does in the draft now. I like Randolph, but I keep seeing Monroe's name next to the Warriors in mock drafts. But now maybe they look to the small forward spot. If they draft Monroe, I'd offer them the 19th pick and Big Baby (and S&T Nate if they're interested) for Randolph and Brandan Wright (who they've given up on but I think has ability to be a nice offensive post player) in a heartbeat. Doubt they'd take it, but worth a shot in my view. I love Baby, but he's a career backup - a really good player for sure, but never gonna be a star. Randolph has the defensive ability and length to learn a lot from Garnett and both he and Wright could benefit from work with Clifford Ray to become more than Davis ever can be. Plus unlike project bigs in the late teens, those guys are at least a couple years out of college and more up to speed with the NBA game.

Overall, Randolph has potential to be a second tier star. Nowhere near Garnett, mind you, but able of being the type of athletic power forward on the receiving end of Rondo's alley-oops. It'd be risky since you've got a bona fide player with Davis, but in retooling, the Celtics need to go for more, and Randolph and Wright have length Davis never will and skill Perkins never will. For those reasons, I doubt G State would go for it, but I'd love to see it happen.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 06:59:32 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Bucks also got a pick? Wow.

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 07:00:15 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Who says no?

Boston trades Rasheed Wallace
Golden State trades Brandan Wright and Rony Turiaf

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 07:20:50 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406

I hope Danny is calling Golden State, to see what other parts we can raid from their pantry.

i'd take turriaf and randolf off their hands for rasheed and #19...
just sayin'

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 08:13:09 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Who says no?

Boston trades Rasheed Wallace
Golden State trades Brandan Wright and Rony Turiaf

LOL!!  Garbage...

Wright has done NOTHING in this league and Turiaf is no upgrade for this team and would be hard-pressed to get any minutes from Big Baby. 
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."