Author Topic: Suns consider trading Stoudemire- S.I.  (Read 12154 times)

Re: Suns consider trading Stoudemire- S.I.
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 03:01:52 PM »

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58
Unless Phoenix is blowing up their team, I don't see why Amare would be traded. At worst, Amare is the 2nd best player on a championship team (actually that's probably exactly what he is). Also Amare going to any other team does not really scare me as he does not play much defense.

Seems like Kerr is really messing up that team, they are worse offensively and they are worse defensively. And just look at how d'Antoni's system is at least working a bit in NY. I think a few years back the Suns could have won the championship playing their run and gun style, they just were not lucky enough for things to work out. Also they got messed with a bit by the refs.

Could the Suns eventually use Shaq or Nash's expiring contract to get a good player to go with Amare?

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 03:19:22 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i believe amare has quit on the suns....against boston going through the motions would have been 100 times better than how he played

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 03:21:18 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 03:24:53 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2166~1727~615&teams=28~28~21&te=&cash=

Get O'Neal and then Nash/Shaq coming off the books in back to back years.  I don't know if PHX would actually throw in the towel like this but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Toronto front court looks pretty solid.  Throw Barbosa in the mix and that team is looking pretty good.  Now if they could move Bargs and get a legit 3...

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2009, 03:29:10 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1727~2983~3417~2015~682&teams=22~21~21~21~21&te=&cash=

+ Picks

I don't think'd I'd do this if I was Portland. If I were the suns I'd jump at it though. Pryzbilla is underrated. Aldridge is Portland's best big man, not Greg Oden. Bayless is pretty good too.  And by the way, who'd be giving up the picks, Portland or Phoenix? If it was Phoenix, then maybe its a reasonably even trade.... I don't know... If I'm Portland I don't do that trade.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2009, 03:35:24 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1727~2983~3417~2015~682&teams=22~21~21~21~21&te=&cash=

+ Picks

I don't think'd I'd do this if I was Portland. If I were the suns I'd jump at it though. Pryzbilla is underrated. Aldridge is Portland's best big man, not Greg Oden. Bayless is pretty good too.  And by the way, who'd be giving up the picks, Portland or Phoenix? If it was Phoenix, then maybe its a reasonably even trade.... I don't know... If I'm Portland I don't do that trade.

Portland Picks

You wouldnīt do that trade if you were Pritchard?
You donīt get players like Amare without giving up something of value.

Bayless is a hometown kid, so I think he has to be included. Aldridge is a poor manīs Amare.
They want to get rid of Outlaw anyway. Przybilla is good, but not a deal-breaker if you can get a young star like Amare.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 03:42:00 PM by Casperian »
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2009, 03:36:57 PM »

Offline WayneKreklow

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
i believe amare has quit on the suns....against boston going through the motions would have been 100 times better than how he played

Was thinking that same thing when watching him play these past few weeks. Have also noticed how little growth he's had as a player. His game really hasn't evolved

Imagine if he spent a year with Clifford Ray?

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2009, 03:41:02 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

+ Picks

Portland Picks

You wouldnīt do that trade if you were Pritchard?
You donīt get players like Amare without giving up something of value.

Bayless is a hometown kid, so I think he has to be included. Aldridge is a poor manīs Amare.
They want to get rid of Outlaw anyway. Przybilla is good, but not a deal-breaker if you can get a young star like Amare.

I think Portland's roster is already in a place where if they just keep everything together for the next few years they'll be in championship contention. If I were Pritchard, I wouldn't mess with a trajectory like that unless a deal came along that was guaranteed to make the team ready to contend even sooner, and maybe extend that window of contention. I don't think that deal for Amar'e does that. It would really hurt Portland's depth.

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2009, 03:41:30 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2009, 03:44:45 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen

+ Picks

Please, I wouldnt Trade LaMarcus for Amare straight up

You either underrate Amare or overrate Aldridge. As I said, LA is a poor manīs Amare.

I think Portland's roster is already in a place where if they just keep everything together for the next few years they'll be in championship contention. If I were Pritchard, I wouldn't mess with a trajectory like that unless a deal came along that was guaranteed to make the team ready to contend even sooner, and maybe extend that window of contention. I don't think that deal for Amar'e does that. It would really hurt Portland's depth.

They stil have Batum, Fernandez, Rodriguez, Webster + a trio of Oden, Amare and Roy.
The Celtics are the best example of why you should trade half of your talented roster for superior talent if you can.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2009, 03:46:26 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Id take Pryzbilla and LA on my team way before Amare
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2009, 03:48:40 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

+ Picks

Please, I wouldnt Trade LaMarcus for Amare straight up

You either underrate Amare or overrate Aldridge. As I said, LA is a poor manīs Amare.

I think Aldridge plays more like KG than like Amar'e.

Id take Pryzbilla and LA on my team way before Amare

I also agree with this. Portland's rotation of big men is really, really good. LA at the PF, with Outlaw playing some PF as a back-up, with Oden starting and Pryzbilla coming off the bench is such a deep rotation, I wouldn't give it up for one player who is, In my opinion, only marginally better than LA.

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2009, 04:18:23 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
let amare play with a demanding guy like KG...his attitude and energy would ramp up major....the suns have no leadership at all

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2009, 04:19:15 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Steve Kerr is in way over his head.

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2009, 04:38:05 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I think Amare has quit on the team too. But even so, Kerr wins the Scott Layden award hands down if he unloads Amare at this point.

It would be alot simpler to fire Terry Porter and find a coach who can motivate this kid.