Author Topic: Do you think either team would do this?  (Read 2922 times)

Do you think either team would do this?
« on: January 13, 2009, 03:42:15 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Ford talked today about how the Blazers were looking for a 3 and a Point Guard for the Future. He also talked about how Charlotte would be looking to deal Felton because of Augistin and Wallace because of Diaw. My question is does either team pull the trigger?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2753~3016~1026~2983~454~3025&teams=22~22~22~30~30~30&te=&cash=

Re: Do you think either team would do this?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 03:49:20 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I think Aldridge is essentially untouchable in Portland, from everything I've read.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 03:52:02 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
I think Aldridge is essentially untouchable in Portland, from everything I've read.

If that's true, why bother trying to trade for David Lee?

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 03:54:23 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
No way Portland gives up Aldridge for a package like that, but its still a pretty good match teamwise.  I think it would be something more like this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3417~2754~454~2015~2753~568~1026&teams=30~30~30~30~22~22~22&te=&cash=

Portland gets Wallace and Felton, along with taking on the contract of Mohammed.  I am not a huge fan of either player, but they both are pretty big upgrades over what Portland has at those positions, and they aren't giving up a ton of value.

Charlotte gets a young big man (Frye) who could compliment Okafor, and played his best basketball of his career under Larry Brown.  A young Combo guard (Bayless) with a ton of potential (they could probably replace him with Fernandez, or Rodriguez, depending on who Charlotte likes).  And a very underrated SF (Outlaw), who could also grow with their team.  And most importantly, they get rid of Mohammed's terrible contract.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 03:57:23 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
No way Portland gives up Aldridge for a package like that, but its still a pretty good match teamwise.  I think it would be something more like this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3417~2754~454~2015~2753~568~1026&teams=30~30~30~30~22~22~22&te=&cash=

Portland gets Wallace and Felton, along with taking on the contract of Mohammed.  I am not a huge fan of either player, but they both are pretty big upgrades over what Portland has at those positions, and they aren't giving up a ton of value.

Charlotte gets a young big man (Frye) who could compliment Okafor, and played his best basketball of his career under Larry Brown.  A young Combo guard (Bayless) with a ton of potential (they could probably replace him with Fernandez, or Rodriguez, depending on who Charlotte likes).  And a very underrated SF (Outlaw), who could also grow with their team.  And most importantly, they get rid of Mohammed's terrible contract.

The only problem I had with Trading Nazi was that his contract runs past 2010, which would be a problem with the Blazers.

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 04:10:46 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Aldridge is going to be their power forward for the next decade. He is a very good player. I think they are scared of the health of Oden and if he went down that leaves them with just Frye and Pryz as the other big men. They don't want Frye in that rotation come playoff time.

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 04:23:11 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

If that's true, why bother trying to trade for David Lee?

Probably as the first big off the bench.  A three man big rotation of Oden / Aldridge / Lee is pretty solid, and all three are young and improving. I don't think the Blazers ever envisioned Lee as a starter.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions