Author Topic: turner and levert  (Read 2674 times)

turner and levert
« on: April 17, 2015, 08:07:07 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104

wolves towns
knicks okafor
sixers mudiay
lakers russel
magic  winslow
kings porzingis
nuggets johnson
pistons lyles
hornetts stein
heat kaminsky
jazz oubre
pacers henzonia
suns poetl
thunder jones
hawks portis
celtics turner
bucks booker
rockets harrell
wizzards looney
raptors jefferson
mavs alexander
bulls dunn
blazers wood
cavs grant
spurs lucas
grizzles wright
lakers hunter
celtics levert
nets  payne
warriors upshaw

Re: turner and levert
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 08:42:50 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
and this is based on what?

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 09:08:09 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

wolves towns
knicks okafor
sixers mudiay
lakers russel
magic  winslow
kings porzingis
nuggets johnson
pistons lyles
hornetts stein
heat kaminsky
jazz oubre
pacers henzonia
suns poetl
thunder jones
hawks portis
celtics turner
bucks booker
rockets harrell
wizzards looney
raptors jefferson
mavs alexander
bulls dunn
blazers wood
cavs grant
spurs lucas
grizzles wright
lakers hunter
celtics levert
nets  payne
warriors upshaw
"pistons lyles"  and  "thunder jones"  are big reaches.  If Hizonja falls to the Pacers, they should be extremely happy.  I can't see anyone giving Upshaw guaranteed money.   "mavs alexander" is a reach and doesn't give them immediate help.  I think someone like Anderson would be a better pick.  As for Turner and Levert to the Celtics, they both have significant risks but look like solid picks given how this mock is laid out.  I would be concerned if Turner falls to 16 because that would mean he didn't show much potential in his workouts. 

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 09:36:40 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I would be highly surprised if Levert came out.  He's not going to be healthy enough to participate in the combine, and he's pretty much said if he's not guaranteed (or very very likely) to go in the first round, he's staying in college.  Given that his injury will make it tough for him to have this guarantee before he has to make a decision (by next Sunday), it would be a pretty big shock if he entered.  I'd love him with the Clips pick, but I dont see it happening.

Also, some commentary, as opposed to a list of players, makes for a far better post.

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 09:40:34 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I would be highly surprised if Levert came out.  He's not going to be healthy enough to participate in the combine, and he's pretty much said if he's not guaranteed (or very very likely) to go in the first round, he's staying in college.  Given that his injury will make it tough for him to have this guarantee before he has to make a decision (by next Sunday), it would be a pretty big shock if he entered.  I'd love him with the Clips pick, but I dont see it happening.

Also, some commentary, as opposed to a list of players, makes for a far better post.
Honestly this draft isn't very deep. I would be fine taking LaVert at 27 even if he wasn't healthy enough to do anything pre draft. I don't see any situation in which he isn't a first.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 10:17:13 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Honestly this draft isn't very deep. I would be fine taking LaVert at 27 even if he wasn't healthy enough to do anything pre draft. I don't see any situation in which he isn't a first.

I mean, it's fine for us as fans to think that, but based on his comments, it sounds like the Draft Advisory Board is not giving him the same opinion.  This is one of the ways in which foreign players have an advantage -- an NBA team can tell a player "we'll take you at X position", and the player can decide to remain in or leave the draft.  However, pro teams are forbidden from talking to Levert and giving him that same information until after he's already had to make his final choice.

That said, Michigan has a lot of connections to NBA front offices (they're regularly cited by NBA teams as being one of the easiest programs to work with). I think if a team was willing for certain to take Levert at the end of the first round, he'd have a pretty good idea.  I think this injury has also showed him how fleeting a basketball career can be, and getting his degree seems like a real priority to him too.

He probably will wait until near the end to decide, in case there are other players ahead of him who stay in school, but if he had to decide today, I think he'd have to be on our 2016 board instead.

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 10:43:09 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Given where we're picking, Turner and Lavert would be a good haul. Turner provides solid rim protection and maybe shooting-- a great combo of traits, even if he isn't an upside pick due to lackluster tools. Lavert has a super-quick release on his shot, which makes me think he has sneaky upside as a volume shooter.

I'd still way rather trade up to the top 10, where someone like WCS, Porzingis or Hezonja could be had. Or trade up a few spots for Oubre.