Author Topic: Ainge Draft 2016: A+  (Read 8594 times)

Re: Ainge Draft 2016: A+
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2016, 11:51:03 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Yeah, I'll doff my cap to Ainge as well - when he actually does something meaningful in free agency.

Considering all the times that Cry Wolf Grousbeck has shot his mouth off without squat happening, you're going to have to excuse me if I suspect that what you see from the draft is what you're going to get from the 2017 Treadmill to Nowhere Celtics.
Gee, another negative non sequitur from coach bo. Who would have thought? ;D

Hey, he's really mad that Wyc keeps tricking him.  You know what they say: "Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me every offseason, sell the team to another ownership group"
I'm bitter.

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2016, 12:18:03 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Count me as a satisfied fan.
The front office crunched the numbers and looked at the options from every angle.
I'm glad they didn't pull the trigger on a deal that they thought would hinder their long term goal (championship 18 and beyond) just to satisfy the short term thinking of some fans.

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2016, 12:57:48 PM »

Offline EvilEmpire

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Yeah, I'll doff my cap to Ainge as well - when he actually does something meaningful in free agency.

Considering all the times that Cry Wolf Grousbeck has shot his mouth off without squat happening, you're going to have to excuse me if I suspect that what you see from the draft is what you're going to get from the 2017 Treadmill to Nowhere Celtics.

I concur with CoachBo, the lack or FA results and trades to improve this team for years leaves you with the don't hold your breath feeling. With cap space and all the FAs that were "suppose" to be linked to the Celtics last year they signed Amir as their big FA move. No big names are coming to the Celtics this year its just not happening. Big move = another Amir type signing. Best case scenario they make a move with a team like the Cavs who are looking to unloaded a big salary like Love and not looking for equal value back.

Just to throw this out there. Hypothetically, if the Celtics were to sign KD would that make drafting Brown even worse? KD will get max money, JB needs to be moved but now your trying to trade him from a position of weakness.

Sorry but drafting Brown and the A+ crew in the 2nd round is not improving the win total or getting you out of the 1st round of the playoffs any time soon.

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2016, 12:59:43 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Speaking of embarrassing whiny little posts did some of the posters here make phone calls to Pitino lately? What next? We get told the negativity in this town sucks and Paul Pierce isn't walking through that door?

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2016, 03:52:06 PM »

Offline EvilEmpire

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Speaking of sad grown men on myspace,  I love posters who have been criticizing DA and the draft yet make backhand remarks to other posters who are criticizing DA and the draft.

I think he needed to hit a home run and he didn't. I think like Marcus Smart he got a single, or maybe a stretch double, and a couple more singles, but that's it.

I don't think there were any home runs to be had after the top two picks, so he went swinging for the fences. Danny hasn't drafted well since Avery Bradley in 2010, and he didn't draft well before that since 2004, so I'm not overly optimistic about Jaylen ever being an all star, but I admit Jaylen is a fine prospect and there were no other obvious ones to take.