Author Topic: Chris Manix : Rondo and Ray's relationship has soured over the past season  (Read 11841 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
He was just on WEEI Dennis and Callahan show. He was talking about Ray and he brought up that he knows for a fact that Ray's and Rondo's relationship has soured. He said that this could be one of the main reasons that Ray chooses to play elsewhere next season .

This is the first time I am hearing anything like this , was there any rumors of it during the season ?

how do you not get along with Ray Allen? is that even possible ?

Not blaming Rondo, but this doesn't sound good.

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
This is the first time I'm hearing it...I'm always weary of rumors like that. Has he been in the lockerroom?

Anything else of note he said?

Offline crafty213

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
Old news and probably greatly exaggerated. 

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
This is the first time I'm hearing it...I'm always weary of rumors like that. Has he been in the lockerroom?

Anything else of note he said?
He said there are a lot of people around KG that said there is a good possibility that he retires. He said KG has to do so much training just to get his knee ready for each game. He also said if KG doesn't retire , he is definitely going back to the C's

He said the main teams after Ray would be Miami,NY and LAC

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I guess you have to take everything these guys say with a grain of salt, but it wouldn't be terribly surprising if Rondo's squawking got on the proud Ray Allen's nerves. Maybe when he was a consistent starter, it was fine, but Allen was probably pretty bummed when asked to go to the bench and could see his role with this team and the NBA diminishing. Rondo was never one to keep his mouth shut around his teammates.

I really really hope KG sticks around and that Allen doesn't go to Miami.

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Miami has NO money to. Offer to allen unless he wants to play 15mins a night for 3mill

There's a lot better options out there for him including the cs

Offline st.jimmy222

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
it's been between the lines, but if you look closely it's been there.
Rondo and Allen have not been getting along all that great. Guessing Rondo and Pierce have been butting heads a little too  

Offline st.jimmy222

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
Seriously though if he does sign with heat i will ball like a baby. ANYONE BUT THE HEAT! Heck even signing with the lakers would feel like less of a betrayal

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Not to speculate, but those guys are both pretty OCD, it's probably not that hard to get under their skin.

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
(TP, Bball, was typing (very slowly) while you posted.)

This would not surprise me, nor would it surprise me that the relationship hasn't soured, but rather was never great in the first place...more of a mutual tolerance.

Rondo is not the most patient, understanding guy in the world, and Ray is reported to have OCD. That is not a good match.

Rondo's mercurial, inconsistent, flamboyant nature wouldn't be comfortable for Ray. OCD people like routines and consistency. The are bound to them.

Also, Ray's OCD, as with most people with OCD can exhibit behaviors that are both annoying and alienating. And, Rondo seems easily annoyed and alienated.

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Personally I think its  probably because Rondo preferred to play with Avery towards the end of the season because he finally had somebody that could keep up with him and would defend the other teams best guard.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Not to speculate, but those guys are both pretty OCD, it's probably not that hard to get under their skin.

Not to speculate, but I agree.  It's possible that Rondo's great play in the playoffs would move Ray to giving him a little more latitude, however.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
(TP, Bball, was typing (very slowly) while you posted.)

This would not surprise me, nor would it surprise me that the relationship hasn't soured, but rather was never great in the first place...more of a mutual tolerance.

Rondo is not the most patient, understanding guy in the world, and Ray is reported to have OCD. That is not a good match.

Rondo's mercurial, inconsistent, flamboyant nature wouldn't be comfortable for Ray. OCD people like routines and consistency. The are bound to them.

Also, Ray's OCD, as with most people with OCD can exhibit behaviors that are both annoying and alienating. And, Rondo seems easily annoyed and alienated.

I think they both have OCD.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
it's been between the lines, but if you look closely it's been there.
Rondo and Allen have not been getting along all that great. Guessing Rondo and Pierce have been butting heads a little too  

I think (purely my guess) that there's a little bit of chafing between Rondo and Ray and Paul. I think the big three still think of themselves as the big three and not the 2nd, 3rd and 5th best players on the team. I think it shows up less between Rondo and KG because KG is so unselfish and team-oriented.

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
ehhhh... I don't put much stock in this, especially because Ray has been around the league and been on bad teams. There are pro athletes and they don't always get along. But wherever Ray goes - if the team is good - he will have other alpha dogs that he might not get along with, and that he may not fit in with.

Update: in case its not clear, my ehhh is directed at Manix - not other posters
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 09:55:21 AM by Brendan »