Author Topic: Can E'Twaun Moore be a future scorer/starter? (Open Discussion)  (Read 11854 times)

Re: Can E'Twaun Moore be a future scorer/starter? (Open Discussion)
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2011, 04:01:28 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
that's fair

I just can't get over the Pruitt, Giddens picks and worry about Avery Bradley as well

Pruitt wasn't a first rounder.
Yeah, the Pruitt pick was one were you are happy if you get anything. The Giddens pick was a blunder as he was not regarded as a first round pick by other teams. Just Danny. But whatever. Others didn't regard Rondo so highly. That move got panned during draft coverage.

How he was regarded by other teams is pretty much speculation, isn't it? By most accounts, Gerald Green was going to be a top 5 pick in his draft.

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2011, 04:20:02 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
ill take some clutch buckets then a few missed fg's early in a game.. and a players shooting percentage doesnt justify how poorly some one played some times the shots just dont go in, hes still a rook and has to learn not to force some plays and how to get out of traps

Isn't that basically the same thing as the "Tebow is a future HOFer" argument?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2011, 04:21:22 PM »

KGHurtYourFeelings

Are we forgetting that Moore was actually 2-6 in his first game? Are we only remembering the 2 makes? Considering he isn't bringing much defense to the table, 2-6 doesn't excite me.

It so happens that I only saw the end of the game that included to good stuff so I too exaggerated his effectiveness for a bit. But ultimately, 1 game is an insufficient sample size to evaluate a player. Most guys on a roster have the ability to hit 2 shots in a row.

I am wary of Ben Gordon syndrome where fans only remember big shots that go in and forget all the horrible misses that cost his team more than they benefit from having him. This is part of the reason why bad players who just score often get paid more than good players who do everything else.

I agree that people get excited easily and that we have no way of knowing how good Moore is yet.  And based solely on draft position, the odds are probably against him

That said, while I know this is meaningless, he simply looks like an NBA player to me.  He has a certain flow and confidence, definitely what I like to see from a 4-year college player.  

Again, I know that doesn't mean anything and it's just an opinion, but I at least think he has the chance to be a contributor

And if he turned into a Ben Gordon type, that would be ridiculously fortunate for us.

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2011, 04:39:57 PM »

Offline YouGotRondo d

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
This guy is going to be a multi-time allstar.

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2011, 04:44:16 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Moore seemed really confident in that preseason game, and I love it

he seems to have a pretty decent jumper