Author Topic: Move To Get Over The Hump?  (Read 4466 times)

Move To Get Over The Hump?
« on: May 29, 2023, 10:31:06 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
Last year we got Brogdon which was a great move, he just got hurt at the most inopportune time. What is our move this offseason to try and get over the hump?

*NOTE: this does not include changing coaches (that is part of it, but I am referring to just roster moves).

Re: Move To Get Over The Hump?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 10:35:11 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Run it back, hope Tatum and Brown get better.

Also hope Brown doesn't hurt his wrist, Brogdon doesn't tear a tendon, Tatum doesn't turn his ankle, and the entire team doesn't forget how to shoot.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 10:39:24 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Keep Rob healthy

He’s got to start and play more

Stay defensive minded

Take open 3s within the offense

Stop the “hero ball” especially when you’re down

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 10:39:41 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown

Also hope Brown doesn't hurt his wrist, Brogdon doesn't tear a tendon, Tatum doesn't turn his ankle, and the entire team doesn't forget how to shoot.

That is just a lot of excuses though. The only valid one to me is maybe Tatum. The Heat had their injuries too including Hero and Oladipo, I hope we do not just run it back.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2023, 10:41:10 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733
Trade Brown and Smart. Acquire a high-quality power forward / center and a few defenders/shooters who are hard-core competitors.
Start Brogdon & White in the backcourt. Let Horford be 6th man and quit asking Tatum to be our leader. Let him do what he is good at and get the whole leader pressure off him.

Get a pro, NBA experienced GM and replace Brad.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2023, 10:41:45 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

That is just a lot of excuses though. The only valid one to me is maybe Tatum. The Heat had their injuries too including Hero and Oladipo, I hope we do not just run it back.
It was sarcasm by keevsnick.

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2023, 10:45:19 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Trade Brown and Smart. Acquire a high-quality power forward / center and a few defenders/shooters who are hard-core competitors.
Start Brogdon & White in the backcourt. Let Horford be 6th man and quit asking Tatum to be our leader. Let him do what he is good at and get the whole leader pressure off him.

I’m fine with Brad.  He’s not the one holding back spending.  Hopefully, Wyc and company will be willing to spend more.

I say fire Joe and trade Brown.  I don’t know who to trade Brown for or which coach to hire, but I’m looking forward to the discussions.

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2023, 10:45:50 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown

Haha my bad. Who knows. There are some fans that may think that, the ones who probably stay after this game to cheer the Cs on and chant LETS GO CELTICS. But I mean come on, I am a huge Cs fan, but we can't act like this play is acceptable.

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2023, 10:46:21 PM »

Offline NextCeltic34

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Brown and Smart for Dame

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2023, 10:47:32 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown

I’m fine with Brad.  He’s not the one holding back spending.  Hopefully, Wyc and company will be willing to spend more.

I say fire Joe and trade Brown.  I don’t know who to trade Brown for or which coach to hire, but I’m looking forward to the discussions.

Fire Slow Joe and bring in Larry Legend! Jk he is pretty old at this point and that isn't happening. Maybe Brad has to pull a Pat sleezeball Riley and be the coach again, but our players need a good African American mentor they can relate to... what about that Ime Udoka guy? why can't we get coaches like that?

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2023, 10:52:32 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Changes need to be made with Roster and arguably the Coach
The inconsistency the last few seasons in the playoffs has to be concerning to Ownership
It will not change unless there a Roster moves made!

After this series with Heat , Brown is not a max player due to the inconsistent shooting ball handling and turnovers
He is your # 1 trade asset to make this Team better
It has to be explored as is moving on from Smart and or Horford RWilliams and GWilliams

Stevens built a good Team, but not good enough

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2023, 11:03:57 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

It was not. Look, C's shot 30.3% from three this series. Heat shot 43.4% from three. I don't know how you win that series if you your offense is built around shooting and you forget how to shoot.

Like swap Brown out for prime Kawhi and maybe you have a shot in this game. Maybe. But trading him for Beal/KAT/Siakam or guys on that level doesn't get you over the hump if your entire team misses every three they take.

I really don't know what they are supposed to do.

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2023, 11:11:15 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

It was not. Look, C's shot 30.3% from three this series. Heat shot 43.4% from three. I don't know how you win that series if you your offense is built around shooting and you forget how to shoot.

Like swap Brown out for prime Kawhi and maybe you have a shot in this game. Maybe. But trading him for Beal/KAT/Siakam or guys on that level doesn't get you over the hump if your entire team misses every three they take.

I really don't know what they are supposed to do.
Not run it back.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2023, 11:12:15 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Get a coach and trade brown