Poll

Smart, Brown, Zeller, AJ, Nets 2017, Clippers 1st + Grizz 1st for Hayward and Favors.

Yes
6 (28.6%)
No
15 (71.4%)
Revise trade  (see below)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Would you do this Jazz blockbuster?  (Read 1337 times)

Would you do this Jazz blockbuster?
« on: December 19, 2016, 02:03:45 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
So is it almost time to cash in some chips? Many of us are sour on Noel or Cousins. Some of us don't want to give up too much for soon to be free agent Hayward. But we know scoring and rebounding can be an issue for this team. So I like the Jazz trade of
Favors and Hayward for Smart, Brown, Zeller, AJ, Nets 2017 and Clippers + Grizz 1st.

It's a rebuild package for a youth movement for Jazz. They can start Smart and Brown right now. And who knows if that Nets pick ends up #1 which that alone may then be worth Hayward  and Favors. It's worth the gamble for them IMO especially given some of Hayward comments and the following year Favors being a free agent who has also voiced concerns.

C's get two borderline all stars that are still considered top quality players at their respected positions. It would put this team right there with the Cavs.

The nine man rotation would be,
Starters= IT, AB, Hayward, Horford, Favors
Bench= Rozier, Crowder, Jerekbo, KO

Vs Cavs nine man of
Starters= Irving, Smith, LeBron, Love, Thompson
Bench= Shump, RJ, Frye, Anderson

C's still maintain a few 2nds, as well as Nets and their own 2018 picks so it's not all their chips. We can still Nets watch next year lol.

Re: Would you do this Jazz blockbuster?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 02:46:43 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
hell no.  way too much to give up.  i like Favors but that's a steep price to pay and leaves us with no front court bench except KO

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 02:56:27 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
hell no.  way too much to give up.  i like Favors but that's a steep price to pay and leaves us with no front court bench except KO

Favors looks really bad. His knee is damaged. He's averaging 9.4 PPG and 5.6 RPG this season.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 03:01:39 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
The Jazz wouldn't do this.

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 03:22:34 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1769
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The Jazz wouldn't do this.

Smart, Brown, Nets '17 and two additional firsts is likely a tad more than it would take to get Cousins. I understand the Jazz want to find out what they have with a healthy roster (and their future looks strong), but if they have any doubts about Hayward staying or Favors remaining a permanent fixture in that front court, then they should take this deal and run.

I used to really like Favors, but I don't think he is panning out to be the player everybody thought. His value kind of reminds me of Monroe's on Det. He was untradable until one day he wasn't at all.

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 03:49:50 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3180
The Jazz would do this. Celtics not so much.... Aren't both those players on ending contracts?

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 03:54:36 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
The rare "lose-lose"
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.