Author Topic: Need a shooter more than a big  (Read 1887 times)

Need a shooter more than a big
« on: February 03, 2020, 04:59:53 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I feel like our big man rotation is more than adequate.  Theis and Kanter both playing their roles and they complement each other well.  But our bench is thin in terms of experience and shooting.  Don't want another guy that needs the ball so would love a pure shooter, a stretch big, or a guy that is moves without the ball like reddick (but I'm not asking for reddick in particular).

Where can we get that guy?

Re: Need a shooter more than a big
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 05:22:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think Detroit might move anyone if the price is right. The guy who I think you might want to grab from the Pistons is Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk. He seems to just be starting to look like a dead eye sharpshooter from outside. 42.5% from three at almost 5 threes a game. Just 22. His shooting form is excellent. Definitely a SG/SF wing that could be turned into a possible Kyle Korver light.

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 02:29:52 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Davis Bertans seems to fit the bill for what I would want in a trade.  Semi and Romeo work in the trade machine. 

https://nesn.com/2020/02/nba-rumors-celtics-interested-in-wizards-davis-bertans-but-how-likely-is-deal/

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 02:35:34 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Agree. Three point shooting with the second unit is putrid. Bertans would be a very nice piece.

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 02:37:51 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Agree, we've been missing that knock-down guy for our slashers to kick to for a few seasons now. Definitely do not need a guy who needs the ball but a defensive big is also secondary at this point. We have the 2nd best pt differential in the league and there's no move that puts us ahead of the Bucks, so we pick our spots and look for opportunities.

Bertans would be terrific if we could get him; he's no defender but has size. Bjelica is maybe cheaper to get but also not as prolific/young. Covington probably more expensive and adds to the wing glut but would be a great fit if we can afford him.

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 03:22:52 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
So we’d likely be able to resign Bertans? If so I’d be all about it. I’d want IT in the deal as well. Sure that wouldn’t take much. If we can’t resign Bertans, this is the kind of move I could see Wyc stepping in and forcing thru like with bringing Antoine back and losing a pick we later wish we had.