Author Topic: Bogut Returns - Gut Feeling Pierce to Warriors  (Read 10911 times)

Re: Bogut Returns - Gut Feeling Pierce to Warriors
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 07:59:53 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Why not just Pierce for Bogut??  GS has won all year without Bogut.  It would be like adding PP for nothing.

Thoughts?

Smitty77

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 08:05:03 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Do you guys ever ask yourselves before thinking about trading Paul Pierce what Kevin Garnett would think??? You do know this team is build around K.G. now & with his no trade clause he'll absolutely retire if Pierce leaves. Look how devastated he was when Ray Allen left. Paul & K.G. aren't going anywhere. The Celtics will never trade them. Other guys will definitely be on the move. Particularly Brando Bass & or Jason Terry

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 08:06:23 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Do you guys ever ask yourselves before thinking about trading Paul Pierce what Kevin Garnett would think??? You do know this team is build around K.G. now & with his no trade clause he'll absolutely retire if Pierce leaves. Look how devastated he was when Ray Allen left. Paul & K.G. aren't going anywhere. The Celtics will never trade them. Other guys will definitely be on the move. Particularly Brando Bass & or Jason Terry

Ainge can't hold the franchise hostage worrying about what KG might think

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 08:08:34 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
bogut SUCKS compared to pierce

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 08:11:24 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

when healthy, Bogut is a top 5 center in the league. A defensive force and a great low post scorer, excellent passer as well. The problem is he is never healthy and not the guy I would want to build around. I would go for Barnes. Also, the Warriors gave up Monta Ellis for Bogut because they desperately wanted a low post defensive presence. They won't trade that for a Pierce rental.

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 08:12:17 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283

when healthy, Bogut is a top 5 center in the league. A defensive force and a great low post scorer, excellent passer as well. The problem is he is never healthy and not the guy I would want to build around. I would go for Barnes. Also, the Warriors gave up Monta Ellis for Bogut because they desperately wanted a low post defensive presence. They won't trade that for a Pierce rental.
we already have an all-star center in KG, we dont need bogut.

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 08:13:23 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
If this trade was even close to on the table it would have been done on Danny's end. No chance you pass up Pierce for Barnes, even if you have to take on salary to do it.

I don't agree that Pierce would put GS over the top though. It's possible but I think Pierce would be gassed after 2 quarters of the kind of game GSW plays.

Listen to this guy, the new Chad Ford.
Step 1: State all opinions as certainties.
Step 2: Have no idea what you're actually talking about.

I'm sure both Bass and Terry are on the move because they will bring in the big stars for a last title run. If I were a GM I would look at Pierce's cap friendly contract say "no no, he's too important to KG".

Do you ever ask yourself why you're so sure that 2 Hall of Famers won't be traded at the end of their careers? Well you should.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/635205-shaquille-oneal-and-the-most-blatant-ring-chasers-in-nba-history

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2013, 08:29:41 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Game slows down in the playoffs and none of GS core players have playoff experience.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2013, 08:32:55 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
No thanks. If we make a move I want it to be so it helps us this year.

Not interested in those scrubs from Golden State (except Barnes, but he's still very much a rookie who needs more time to develop.)

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013, 08:33:55 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I agree with that one. I would have no interest in Bogut. The guy gets injured just tying his shoe laces.

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 08:39:51 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Yeah, and when healthy Amare Stoudemire is a top 5 PF in the league as well. 

But umm, they aren't healthy...ever.

We may as well sign Greg Oden to a 6 year max contract.

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2013, 08:42:23 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

Yeah, and when healthy Amare Stoudemire is a top 5 PF in the league as well. 

But umm, they aren't healthy...ever.

We may as well sign Greg Oden to a 6 year max contract.

I'm not sure if Bogut and Oden are the same situation

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2013, 08:47:39 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

we already have an all-star center in KG, we dont need bogut.

Yes, we have an All-Star center that would PREFER to play his NATURAL position of PF so he can save the wear and tear on his body of trying to box out heavier and stronger centers on a nightly or every other nightly basis!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2013, 08:49:45 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

A number of pretty definitive statements.  I like the one that reads "he'll absolutley retire if Pierce leaves".   As KG himself says "Anything's Possible" but I doubt KG would retire if Paul is traded.  But most surprising is the manner in which you state your opinions.  Almost like they aren't opinions.

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2013, 08:50:41 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Totally agree!!

Smitty77