Author Topic: The Rondo trade, Olynyk, Smart & the 2015 NBA Draft  (Read 3541 times)

Re: The Rondo trade, Olynyk, Smart & the 2015 NBA Draft
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 08:16:42 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
I'll reply more later, but a couple quick thoughts after glancing through replies.

Two other big men I like and I think might be available with the Clipper's pick are:

Frank Kaminsky: another well rounded and skilled big man - may be gone before the Clipper's pick
Dakari Johnson - I like his defensive potential  -Probably available with Clipper's pick

In this scenario we could draft Mudiay or Johnson with the higher pick and still add some depth to our center rotation.

The whole group of players would be under 25 still - let them grow together.

Lastly, I don't consider it tanking if we're committing to developing a young team. And if Smart, Olynyk and even Young continue taking leaps in development over the next 2-3 years - AND we were able to draft a very good young center this year...we could be in really great shape - all the while the Nets unprotected and perhaps lottery picks are rolling in.

I  really like this scenario - it's more of an OKC development model with the Spurs system laid on top of it. I can wait and will enjoy watching the young guys develop.