Author Topic: Cavaliers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 5/13/18  (Read 61352 times)

Re: Cavaliers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 5/13/18
« Reply #930 on: May 13, 2018, 06:16:15 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Interesting comment from Mike Gorman saying that LeBum spent most of the first half yelling at his teammates and by the third quarter seem to have become apathetic to it all.  Hopefully this defeat creates a little bit of a wedge in the Cavs

Mike's observant.  I saw the same thing including the 3rd quarter.  LJ pointing fingers at other players isn't going to help the Cavs during this series.

There's a thread about why it's difficult to enjoy watching him play.  This is exactly why I find it difficult.

it is one reason why i loathe him
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #931 on: May 13, 2018, 06:18:22 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
Props to the team.  Came out with great energy and poise.  Destroyed them on both ends. 

We have seven more wins to get this season.  Keep rolling!
indeed, if the celtics can go at least 7-6 over the next 13 games, they win the championship.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #932 on: May 13, 2018, 06:20:59 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Props to the team.  Came out with great energy and poise.  Destroyed them on both ends. 

We have seven more wins to get this season.  Keep rolling!
indeed, if the celtics can go at least 7-6 over the next 13 games, they win the championship.  ;D

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #933 on: May 13, 2018, 06:21:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Amazing job on this montage by the Celts media crew.   Eat it Nick Wright, Broussard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LT-nuSVN6I

« Reply #934 on: May 13, 2018, 06:21:34 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Cavs have won many series when down 1-0...I'm just happy we have some Muscle this year---Was so DONE with weak K.O./Zeller/Amir.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #935 on: May 13, 2018, 06:23:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Cavs have won many series when down 1-0...I'm just happy we have some Muscle this year---Was so DONE with weak K.O./Zeller/Amir.

not this time

« Reply #936 on: May 13, 2018, 06:25:22 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Might not be able to sleep tonight!!

I am partying all day now post game!

Party on Celtics Nation!  Except actual Celtics, y'all got a job to do.

« Reply #937 on: May 13, 2018, 06:26:25 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
Well....  I went on a day trip with my wife, who was not aware there was a game today (she is a serious non-sports fan and oblivious to everything sports related) -- opted for a nice Mother's Day rather than the game.   Not resentful to my wife at all -- actually had a great day -- but a little peeved that Game 1 had to be on Mother's Day.  Anyway, just got home thinking I may catch the last minute and saw the score.   Wow -- I think I would have been smiling all game long. 

If anyone has a minute to give me your synopsis -- who played well? Any surprises?  Was it a start to finish blowout?  Did Cavs threaten at any point?  Did the C's game plan well v. LBJ and take him out of his game, or did he just have an off game?  Broadcasters blame it on Cavs rust -- any credit to the C's???

« Reply #938 on: May 13, 2018, 06:27:11 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
morris and big al at podium now
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #939 on: May 13, 2018, 06:30:06 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
Well....  I went on a day trip with my wife, who was not aware there was a game today (she is a serious non-sports fan and oblivious to everything sports related) -- opted for a nice Mother's Day rather than the game.   Not resentful to my wife at all -- actually had a great day -- but a little peeved that Game 1 had to be on Mother's Day.  Anyway, just got home thinking I may catch the last minute and saw the score.   Wow -- I think I would have been smiling all game long. 

If anyone has a minute to give me your synopsis -- who played well? Any surprises?  Was it a start to finish blowout?  Did Cavs threaten at any point?  Did the C's game plan well v. LBJ and take him out of his game, or did he just have an off game?  Broadcasters blame it on Cavs rust -- any credit to the C's???
Most complete game C's have played this year. Cavs were stunned...

« Reply #940 on: May 13, 2018, 06:33:26 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

lebum held to 15 points

Celts went to rim all game. cavs had no answer

cavs made a run and cut it to 14 but we responded and won by 25

celts seem to be following my blueprinmt

make lebron shoot jays

cover rest best we can

DO NOT let lebum get to rim

if he DOES get to rim HACK him and maje him make FT
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #941 on: May 13, 2018, 06:33:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I think 76ers would have beaten the Cavs today

« Reply #942 on: May 13, 2018, 06:35:26 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Cavs were ice-cold and disprganized on offense.  C’s played LBJ one-on-one and it paid off. CAvs got within 14 in the 3rd quarter but was a blowout otherwise. 

« Reply #943 on: May 13, 2018, 06:36:36 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
lebum to podium next!!!!!!!!!!1
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #944 on: May 13, 2018, 06:37:01 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523

Would love to have seen it!!!   Maybe my not watching was the key factor -- hope not.

Wonder if/when NBCSB show a replay?   If anyone can tell me how to watch a replay of the game I'd really appreciate it -- explain clearly -- not very internet savvy.