Author Topic: WWE  (Read 164311 times)

Re: WWE
« Reply #225 on: April 09, 2014, 07:26:25 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
RIP Ultimate Warrior...Just came back to the WWE..Feels like he was saying goodbye, scary actually..Didint look to good Monday..Dang hate this or anyone who passes away at a young age..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #226 on: April 09, 2014, 07:28:05 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Thanks for the memories Warrior...RIP

EDIT: Just saw his promo on Monday's Raw. Rather spooky that he talked about people's hearts stopping, taking their last breaths and living on in memories and stories. That's hair raising stuff there.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:29:28 AM by nickagneta »

« Reply #227 on: April 09, 2014, 07:32:43 AM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
One of my favourites back in the day. RIP.
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #228 on: April 09, 2014, 07:58:33 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Hogan & Ultimate Warrior were the two main guys during my first foray into wrestling as a fan during the early 90s.  Can't forget Wrestlemania VI or the Savage/Warrior career match in VII.  The funeral parlor where his head started bleeding was classic stuff too.

Definitely one of the main faces of wrestling when I was a kid.  54? Wow.  These wrestlers just all seem to go out young.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #229 on: April 09, 2014, 08:50:10 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

EDIT: Just saw his promo on Monday's Raw. Rather spooky that he talked about people's hearts stopping, taking their last breaths and living on in memories and stories. That's hair raising stuff there.

Hearing about this just now gives me chills. Maybe he knew something was up. Eerie.

Hogan & Ultimate Warrior were the two main guys during my first foray into wrestling as a fan during the early 90s.  Can't forget Wrestlemania VI or the Savage/Warrior career match in VII.  The funeral parlor where his head started bleeding was classic stuff too.

Definitely one of the main faces of wrestling when I was a kid.  54? Wow.  These wrestlers just all seem to go out young.

It really is an interesting correlation so to speak. The age of wrestlers and their unfortunate early exits. Can only wonder what they're doing to their bodies and hearts to see the trend continually repeat.

« Reply #230 on: April 09, 2014, 08:55:42 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Wow, that's awful.

Was just on Raw two nights ago!

« Reply #231 on: April 09, 2014, 09:01:58 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Hearing about this just now gives me chills. Maybe he knew something was up. Eerie.

It really is an interesting correlation so to speak. The age of wrestlers and their unfortunate early exits. Can only wonder what they're doing to their bodies and hearts to see the trend continually repeat.

Unfortunately, alot of wrestlers like Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, Big Boss Man, Brian Pillman, Davey Boy Smith all died from either drug overdose or "heart issues" which were related to drug overdose.

I suspect the same MAY have been the case with Randy Savage as he died of a "sudden heart attack" while driving in his car.

The Chris Benoit situation was very, very bizarre. I believe he was taking steroids and also suffered severe head trauma from wrestling related injuries which led to that HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE incident.

The only wrestler I am aware off that died of a freak cause was Owen Hart. Sad part about that is ironically enough, Owen seemed like he was the most down to earth guy out of all the wrestlers.

As for the Warrior, I still haven't read or found out how he passed away. I know from how chisled he looked during his prime in the 80s and early 90s, many people suspected he was on roids.

« Reply #232 on: April 11, 2014, 02:03:24 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Last but not least was Eddie Guererro. His feud with Kurt Angle was a thing of beauty. WWE is definitely lacking in 'characters,' if I could put it like that, these days.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #233 on: April 11, 2014, 04:51:42 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Being a full-time pro wrestler is brutal to your body years ago I saw a documentary about wrestling that had a segment with some doctors in sports medicine on a panel.  They all agreed that being an active pro wrestler is the equivalent of being in 40-60 NFL games a year.  The human body isn't meant to take that kind of beating without getting hurt.  But in wrestling, especially when you're starting out, missing time is a career killer, so you get guys that medicate with pills and all sorts of other stuff to kill the pain.  Throw in that they are young guys in a new city each night, there is a good chance you will develop some kind of alcohol or drug problem.  It's definitely a recipe for a short life.

« Reply #234 on: April 11, 2014, 05:23:36 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
RIP the Warrior grew up watching him. I was just watching the WWE hall of fame induction today some great stuff on there, chokes me up a bit at times WWF those were the good ol days

>:(
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #235 on: April 11, 2014, 06:14:32 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
May he rest in Peace. 

Steroids, the lifestyle it's not good for you.   This is the life of an Achilles, short, glorious like a meteor flashing the sky.

« Reply #236 on: June 29, 2014, 08:06:50 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
So, who's in the Garden right now watching MITB?

I'm excited, this MITB is probably one of the most unpredictable PPV so far. Rooting for a Cesaro win!
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #237 on: June 29, 2014, 08:22:17 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Holy Lord that was a GREAT opening match. That was awesome Tag Team action.

« Reply #238 on: June 29, 2014, 10:56:45 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Great PPV, Cena winning it is a smarks's nightmare but I'd like to see where they are going with this.

Awesome MITB!

« Reply #239 on: August 17, 2014, 09:32:08 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
So who's ready for SummerSlam?

I like how they built the Cena-Brock Title match. I never thought I'd be pumped in a Cena match. Also excited for the Ambrose-Rollins Lumberjack, those two can work.

But the most interesting match on the card I would really like to see is Brie Bella - Stephanie McMahon. Oh they perfectly built this storyline. Im not expecting an A class match, but there's just so much drama on that feud you cant help but just tune in.

SummerSlam is tonight! Of course, you can watch it for only $9.99.  ;D