Author Topic: WWE  (Read 163548 times)

Re: WWE
« Reply #165 on: January 29, 2014, 12:42:30 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
People over the age of 13 still watch this stuff?

Man, I use to love wrestling.

Bring back Mankind!
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #166 on: January 29, 2014, 12:48:21 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Bring back Mankind!

Call me 13 years old then.  ;D
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #167 on: January 29, 2014, 01:10:19 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Bring back Mankind!

Call me 13 years old then.  ;D

Ha...  I went to a Monday Night Raw taping at the Worcester Centrum sometime in '98 or '99-ish. I was in high school. Mankind beat the Rock to win the title.  Fun stuff.  There was also a hardcore match involving the New Age Outlaws that ending up spilling outside on the sidewalk in the snow at some point.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #168 on: January 29, 2014, 01:24:31 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
i say Sting will sign with the WWE...They need new blood in there, though Sting is in his mid 50's, he will bring more ppl to the shows and generate more money for Vince
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #169 on: January 29, 2014, 01:43:07 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
i say Sting will sign with the WWE...They need new blood in there, though Sting is in his mid 50's, he will bring more ppl to the shows and generate more money for Vince

And this is actually why CM Punk is leaving (unless its a work).

The spotlights are being given to part timers, returnees and old timers who are indeed big names but are being pushed to the moon at a fast rate at the expense of young, up and coming talent.

While those young guys, who are hardworking, is there every step of the way, and is OVER (emphasis on that) is being put aside, not being promoted and used properly for the old timers.

Whatever Sting will draw, Daniel Bryan will if they had him win the Rumble. Batista can have his title shot, once he works his way up again. Sting will be treated the same way. Not saying it's not interesting, but once again another young talent will be buried in favor of him.

« Reply #170 on: February 24, 2014, 08:21:38 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The Wyatts vs The Shield.

Match of the Year.

Great atmosphere in the match, everybody is in to it, and for very good reasons. Perfectly built up by WWE. Got it right this time.

Great match!

« Reply #171 on: February 24, 2014, 01:23:03 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Elimination Chamber was great.

Matches we're awesome, intense and a little bit unpredictable. Of course D-Bry gets screwed again to p--- off the IWC.

But man, better than the ugly Rumble.

« Reply #172 on: February 24, 2014, 01:37:51 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Matches we're awesome, intense and a little bit unpredictable. Of course D-Bry gets screwed again to p--- off the IWC.

There was a huge difference with the D-Bry ending though.  Cole ranting about how he has been treated since summerslam and the multiple shots of upset fans really point towards a big closing of that story line.

And no way can the advertised main event take place as is. 

« Reply #173 on: February 24, 2014, 02:58:48 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

There was a huge difference with the D-Bry ending though.  Cole ranting about how he has been treated since summerslam and the multiple shots of upset fans really point towards a big closing of that story line.

And no way can the advertised main event take place as is.

The chase of Bryan winning the championship is going to go longer than expected. But its the chase that makes it must watch tv.

He looks poised into taking on the Authority, and then the belts. So this angle may go in till MITB.

« Reply #174 on: February 24, 2014, 03:09:45 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

Bring him in as a manager....

Problem with bringing Sting, Hogan, and VanDam in is people get hurt.  Watching VanDam during his last stint trying to do the things he did 10 years a go was tedious and dangerous.  He looks like he's moving in slow motion.  There's no chemistry or timing in the ring with these guys unless their wrestling against each other. 

« Reply #175 on: February 24, 2014, 05:02:07 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Bring back Mankind!

I say bring back Ric "Nature Boy" Flair, Ricky "The Dragon" SteamBoat, Baron Von Raschke, The Iron Sheik, Black Jack Mulligan, and JYD.

Now THOSE were the days, LOL. Any one of those would destroy these wimps nowadays. ;D

« Reply #176 on: February 24, 2014, 08:52:09 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
The WWE has a bad product right now. Sometimes they just don't know what they got. Cesaro and Zigler need major pushes. But I have to see the same boring storylines with the same boring wrestlers week after week after week.

Ziggler has been legit hurt. But once again, he's one of those internet darlings (along with Punk and Bryan) that are popular but does not really draw anything.

And unfortunately it boils down to that. If they move merchandise like Cena, we probably would have seen a couple of Ziggler runs. Punk kinda held WWE hostage and got his, Bryan is starting to get there.

Cesaro, I'm still not sold if he can spark interest. He's indeed a technician in the ring, and his "spin move" is over. But can he carry a storyline? I still don't see a "character" from him other than this strong dude. His 5 language thing didnt really work.

Cesaro!!!

By the way, elimination chamber was terrible!
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #177 on: February 24, 2014, 08:53:49 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides

I was just about to post this same comment when I read the thread title. ;)
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #178 on: February 24, 2014, 09:14:36 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The WWE has a bad product right now. Sometimes they just don't know what they got. Cesaro and Zigler need major pushes. But I have to see the same boring storylines with the same boring wrestlers week after week after week.

Ziggler has been legit hurt. But once again, he's one of those internet darlings (along with Punk and Bryan) that are popular but does not really draw anything.

And unfortunately it boils down to that. If they move merchandise like Cena, we probably would have seen a couple of Ziggler runs. Punk kinda held WWE hostage and got his, Bryan is starting to get there.

Cesaro, I'm still not sold if he can spark interest. He's indeed a technician in the ring, and his "spin move" is over. But can he carry a storyline? I still don't see a "character" from him other than this strong dude. His 5 language thing didnt really work.

Cesaro!!!

Disagree.

The match were good. The Chamber match was great but got predictable when Kane came in. But even then there was good match booking that you thought at the last minute Bryan could stil win. The showcased the entire 6 man talent well, including Cesaro, who was a treat to watch.

The rest of the matches were good.

And then the Shield - Wyatt match that stole the show. I thought it was way better than the rumble.

« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2014, 09:36:13 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Cesaro!!!

Disagree.

The match were good. The Chamber match was great but got predictable when Kane came in. But even then there was good match booking that you thought at the last minute Bryan could stil win. The showcased the entire 6 man talent well, including Cesaro, who was a treat to watch.

The rest of the matches were good.

And then the Shield - Wyatt match that stole the show. I thought it was way bVicioushan the rumble.

I found it very predictable and boring. No way Christian or Cesaro were going to win. Wrestlemania 30 looks like it's going to be a stinker. I don't want to see:

Lesnar vs Undertaker
Wyatt's vs Cena
Batista vs Orton
Bryan vs Kane/HHH
Cesaro vs Jack Swagger

It might end up being worse than the Undertaker vs Sid Vicious   Wrestlemania.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird