Author Topic: Celtic Picks - 2019 draft  (Read 109033 times)

Re: My final mock draft choices - Okpala, Reid, Johnson
« Reply #675 on: June 16, 2019, 12:04:34 AM »

Offline shut_the_gate

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
I would not want Danny to take players with those three picks.

I hope he finds a way to trade one or two of them and get future picks in return. The only pick I would try to keep is #14 and take Nickeil Alexander-Walker.

I am a fan too, he's SGA's cousin but the only concern I have with him is his slow first step

« Reply #676 on: June 16, 2019, 12:05:00 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 229
I wonder if most of the board know who Goga Bitadze is aside from their first impression that he's a "stiff". Can't believe that people want a bunch of obscure wings and guards over him at #14. I mean I'd understand if guys like Rui Hachimura are their first choice at #14 (although there's a good argument that Bitadze would be a better pick), but guys like Okpala? What?

I agree about the wing thing - don't want a wing with #14, even if Nasir Little falls to us. That man is a project and a half.

Definitely don't want Brandon Clarke.

Want Hachimura, but he's (probably) getting taken by the Hornets or Heat.

I think Bitadze will be a serviceable NBA player a la Nurkic/Kristic, but I prefer a big who can make plays like Horford. Having that dimension to the offense was instrumental in the Celtics success these past few years.

« Reply #677 on: June 16, 2019, 12:06:43 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I wonder if most of the board know who Goga Bitadze is aside from their first impression that he's a "stiff". Can't believe that people want a bunch of obscure wings and guards over him at #14. I mean I'd understand if guys like Rui Hachimura are their first choice at #14 (although there's a good argument that Bitadze would be a better pick), but guys like Okpala? What?

I agree about the wing thing - don't want a wing with #14, even if Nasir Little falls to us. That man is a project and a half.

Definitely don't want Brandon Clarke.

Want Hachimura, but he's (probably) getting taken by the Hornets or Heat.

I think Bitadze will be a serviceable NBA player a la Nurkic/Kristic, but I prefer a big who can make plays like Horford. Having that dimension to the offense was instrumental in the Celtics success these past few years.
Bitadze can actually pass and create "like Horford". The Nurkic comparison draws from his ability to pass well for a big man. BTW his dribbling is already better than Horford lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #678 on: June 16, 2019, 12:14:45 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I hope he finds a way to trade one or two of them and get future picks in return. The only pick I would try to keep is #14 and take Nickeil Alexander-Walker.

I am a fan too, he's SGA's cousin but the only concern I have with him is his slow first step

So does Malcom Brogdon, and he found a way to be an effective NBA player despite not having that killer first step. If he turns into Brogdon, and there are some similarities as far as shooting, unselfishness, BBIQ, you have a good player there.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #679 on: June 16, 2019, 12:19:07 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

So does Malcom Brogdon, and he found a way to be an effective NBA player despite not having that killer first step. If he turns into Brogdon, and there are some similarities as far as shooting, unselfishness, BBIQ, you have a good player there.
100% with you on NAW. Good shooter, passer and can attack the rim, plus he's got good size, can rebound and play off the ball due to his BBIQ, and he plays solid defence. He's the guy I want most at 14
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #680 on: June 16, 2019, 12:23:39 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
All those guys should be available at 22 on draft night. If the C's have the same board as you they should try to trade back or out to get the best value.

well we don't have three 22 picks

but team does have 14, 20, 22

-Okapala would help with his ability to get to the rim and finish.  Drive and kick and get to the line.

-Naz Reid has mobility, strength, length and physicality to play at interior at the nba level.   His 3 point shooting is a bonus

- Cam Johnson is an elite 3 point shooter at 6'8. Again used to be a pg at 6'2 before growth spurt

The good thing about all of these three potential picks is that they could each help fill a void the Celts lacked from last season squad.

« Reply #681 on: June 16, 2019, 12:25:03 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
He will remind some of Zizic, no doubt. Unlike Zizic, he does look like he has a nice midrange shot, he has some clever moves in the post, and he is undoubtedly more explosive. He's not a total stiff, but IMO, he's not athletic enough to ever be much more than what Baynes is.

« Reply #682 on: June 16, 2019, 12:26:53 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
He will remind some of Zizic, no doubt. Unlike Zizic, he does look like he has a nice midrange shot, he has some clever moves in the post, and he is undoubtedly more explosive. He's not a total stiff, but IMO, he's not athletic enough to ever be much more than what Baynes is.

on point. But like Zizic is "below" rim.  Doesn't have an amazing wingspan to makeup  for lack of vertical leap

« Reply #683 on: June 16, 2019, 12:29:43 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

on point. But like Zizic is "below" rim.  Doesn't have an amazing wingspan to makeup  for lack of vertical leap
He is much more athletic than Zizic both vertically and laterally. He's got a better vertical than Kanter too

« Reply #684 on: June 16, 2019, 12:30:52 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

100% with you on NAW. Good shooter, passer and can attack the rim, plus he's got good size, can rebound and play off the ball due to his BBIQ, and he plays solid defence. He's the guy I want most at 14

But the reality is what do you expect from NAW?

I don't see a guy that has potential to better than he is now.   Maybe he could be as good as Brogdon (peak), but realistically you may need to settle for another Et'waun Moore

NAW is a tweener PG/SG that lacks explosiveness/quickness

« Reply #685 on: June 16, 2019, 12:34:52 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I don't see a guy that has potential to better than he is now.   Maybe he could be as good as Brogdon (peak), but realistically you may need to settle for another Et'waun Moore

If turns out to be as good as Malcom Brogdon, he's an excellent value pick at #14.

And NAW fits a need. I don't think we need more wing players on this team.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #686 on: June 16, 2019, 12:35:10 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

He is much more athletic than Zizic both vertically and laterally. He's got a better vertical than Kanter too

its a small difference

Zizic in space can rise and hammer too you know.  But at the nba level when he going to find this "space"

I feel the same could be for Bitadze.   

Btw Kantar moves much more fluid than Bitadze. 

« Reply #687 on: June 16, 2019, 12:39:41 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

If turns out to be as good as Malcom Brogdon, he's an excellent value pick at #14.

And NAW fits a need. I don't think we need more wing players on this team.

maybe but Brogdon proved a lot at the college ball level. Lots of awards

end of the day, 4 more days to go. Who knows what Danny will do with these picks

I think he will use all the picks or trade up to a higher position if he loves someone (like Winslow)

because I doubt a trade for Conley Jr. could be facilitated

« Reply #688 on: June 16, 2019, 12:41:45 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

its a small difference

Zizic in space can rise and hammer too you know.  But at the nba level when he going to find this "space"

It's not at all a small difference. Bitadze is closer to Zubac than Zizic if anything.

Teenage Kanter did not move at all like teenage Bitadze:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2uwgzZeark
vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ZtUvAhzuQ

Bitadze routinely gets up faster and looks as quick, if not more so than Kanter

« Reply #689 on: June 16, 2019, 12:45:19 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

its a small difference

It's not at all a small difference. Bitadze is closer to Zubac than Zizic if anything.

Teenage Kanter did not move at all like teenage Bitadze:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2uwgzZeark
vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ZtUvAhzuQ

Bitadze routinely gets up faster and looks as quick, if not more so than Kanter
^this. And ETN he's much more athletic than Baynes, ntm that he's a dribbler/passer that Baynes can only dream to be. His projection is much more Nurkic/Kanter than Baynes.
Video analysing his strengths: https://youtu.be/y_B-rpvnRDs
Some clips of his defense: https://youtu.be/bk4Bc3E15a4
https://youtu.be/Xp0oak1MlDU
https://youtu.be/Vxdc10hHdCA
https://youtu.be/RvLtlEVosfo
https://youtu.be/EH0e981JsoA
https://youtu.be/-36YunyOjJo
https://youtu.be/u5if7TNKeqA
https://youtu.be/TtukGH5XU2Q
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA