Author Topic: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)  (Read 241382 times)

Re: Robert Williams and the makings of a masterpiece
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2018, 08:00:56 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
http://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1013537987492302848

Yeah, not the greatest start to Williams’ Celtics career...

Lol.  He's very young.

I mean... He's 20. How old do you have to be to be on time?

I turned 20 not so long ago. So hopefully not for another few years at the minimum  :P  :laugh:

I once heard there are 3 things that count: Be good, be likable, and be on time. But you only have to be 2 of the 3. If you're good enough and on time, you can be as big of a jerk as you want. If people like you and you'e on time, you can get by without being very good.

I hope you're good and charming.  ;D
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
He reminds me of Javale McGee.  Incredible athlete but immature, and can't get out of his own way.

Is it possible to make Shaqtin' A Fool before the season starts? :o ::)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
How does Maine work? I'm guessing they catch a bus from Boston to Portland in the morning since its a 2 hour drive

Can't wait to hear how when he misses the bus

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Meh flights get missed all the time. I mean I was a day late to Belize because the airline screwed up. Or maybe he couldn't get through security. Who knows?  ;D

More concerned that he went all the way home for the weekend.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 08:31:24 PM by JHTruth »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it's definitely not a good look.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Meh flights get missed all the time. I mean I was a day late to Belize because the airline screwed up. Or maybe he couldn't get through security. Who knows?  ;D

More concerned that he went all the way home for the weekend.

Yeah that was weird.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
He probably partied all night and couldn't wake up

Irresponsible
He turns 21 in October......
Not a reliable source but I heard he parties a lot. No way to prove it but ppl think he was super hungover for his conference call. I don't want to make a big deal about it bc I was that age but it becomes a problem when it effects basketball workouts/meetings/activities/practices/ and games.

I know that a good amount of our late 1st and 2nd rounders get townhouses together or next to each other close to practice facility. Horford will be a good mentor and work with him....but he's not going to adopt RW3 and have him live with his family lol. Semi would be an excellent roommate/adjoining townhouse.

Sigh. TP for the rather...sobering ;) ::) ;D *groan* information.

Still, at least he evidently found the time to change his hairdo between the night of the draft party at Buffalo Wild Wings and the introductory press conference because priorities ::). #TheNextJamesYoung *facepalm*

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Irresponsible
Not a reliable source but I heard he parties a lot. No way to prove it but ppl think he was super hungover for his conference call. I don't want to make a big deal about it bc I was that age but it becomes a problem when it effects basketball workouts/meetings/activities/practices/ and games.

I know that a good amount of our late 1st and 2nd rounders get townhouses together or next to each other close to practice facility. Horford will be a good mentor and work with him....but he's not going to adopt RW3 and have him live with his family lol. Semi would be an excellent roommate/adjoining townhouse.

Still, at least he evidently found the time to change his hairdo between the night of the draft party at Buffalo Wild Wings and the introductory press conference because priorities ::). #TheNextJamesYoung *facepalm*

Might as well just keep that plane in the air allllll the way to Portland.  That's where he'll be staying for the rest of the year.

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

Irresponsible

Might as well just keep that plane in the air allllll the way to Portland.  That's where he'll be staying for the rest of the year.

We don't know that. If he performs in SL and looks decent in preseason skying for dunks, this will all be forgotten. No Celtic has been more of a bonehead than Smart, and most people here love the guy.

Play well and this will be nothing in a month..

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
He reminds me of Javale McGee.  Incredible athlete but immature, and can't get out of his own way.

Javale played really well against Cleveland and won a championship, and we did not want him.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
waiting on that third strike now....

Kid is positioning himself to land back in Oil City sweeping floors for minimum wage.

LOW LOW IQ

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I don't love this.

That said, I'm holding onto my judgment right now. We don't know why.

He sounds like an immature kid. That annoys me as a fan, particularly if it means I don't get to watch him in summer league.

IF he plays like Dennis Rodman...let him be as immature as he wants to be.  :D

This.

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Some personal anecdotes on missing flights and "time management"

I love my wife.  So far she's had a very successful career, an executive at a company you all have heard of.  Works extremely hard, works all the time, gets the job done, and gets results.  Really I don't know how she does it.

But she does not understand the time it takes to get from Point A to Point B to save her life.  She's missed flights, she's missed meetings, she's missed engagements, if it has a specific start time, my wife has probably missed it.  She just can't handle time.  A couple of examples:

Movie starts at 7pm, movie theater is 15 minutes away, suggesting we leave anytime before 6:40 is ridiculous to her.  It just doesn't compute with her that 15 minutes away is from our parking lot to the movie theater parking lot.  It will take us 2 minutes to walk from our apartment to our car, 15 minutes to drive to the theater, 2-3 minutes to park and walk into the theater, 5-15 minutes to get tickets and snacks, she may want to use the bathroom before the movie starts, and then 2 minutes to get from the lobby to our seats.

Same thing going the airport.  She only calculates parking lot to parking lot.  Doesn't calculate if we need to get gas first, doesn't calculate that we have to park the car, take a shuttle, check bags, go through security lines, it might be a 20 minute walk to our gate, etc.  Doesn't calculate in rush hour traffic, or the possibility of long security lines.  Plane leaves at 7 doesn't mean we get there and board at 7, it means we board at 6:30, which means we should be at the airport by 6 at the latest.

I love my wife.  An extremely talented and hard worker.  She just struggles with the concept of time.  And I know others like this too.

She's gotten better over the years due to me "constantly nagging her" about it, but she struggles with it, still fails to account for things she should be aware of (do you need gas, is it rush hour, is it easy to find parking).  Gotten better, but she still struggles.

All that to say, there's hope for Robert Williams.  You can be a very talented hard worker with your head on straight, and just suck at time management, like my wife.

This was a dope post.

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

Javale played really well against Cleveland and won a championship, and we did not want him.

Danny did wanted him. Until Javale and his agent screwed him.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
This news All over espn even with free agency craziness.