Author Topic: My prediction: Boston-Houston trade  (Read 2785 times)

Re: My prediction: Boston-Houston trade
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 11:38:39 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I would trade Yabu for a rack of basketballs at this point
TP...me too
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2019, 11:40:51 AM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
This article contains two suggested trades btwn the Cs and Houston. Why the heck would the Cs want Chris Paul?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2841735-realistic-trades-we-could-see-on-nba-draft-night
[/quote

Well they will need a starting PG right? I don't know that I'd want to trade Hayward just yet though especially for an aging, injury prone star. I would give him one more year to get past that injury.

I think it is clear the Cs need a PG. Paul, however, does not fit with the Cs' apparent intend to feature younger players going forward

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 11:44:29 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I would do that in a second. But I don't know how the Rockets would play with Paul, Harden and Butler without a change in the rules that allows a team to play with 3 balls at the same time

Now that is funny! TP

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2019, 11:49:49 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

He'd eat 1/2 of them
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2019, 11:58:23 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

He'd eat 1/2 of them
This made me chuckle
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2019, 12:01:11 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I would do that in a second. But I don't know how the Rockets would play with Paul, Harden and Butler without a change in the rules that allows a team to play with 3 balls at the same time

Paul and Harden reportedly loathe each other so Paul may be on the way out therefore they would "only" need 2 balls.
True. But I doubt anybody takes that CP3 contract. They will have to figure out a way to coexist next season or trade Harden for another superstar or 2 stars and hope they don't end up hating CP3.

Offer Brown, Hayward, and Memphis pick for Harden. Both Kyrie and Horford decide to stay. Starting lineup of Irving, Harden, Tatum, Horford, and Baynes. Hey, a delusional boy can dream  ;D. Would have switched Tatum for Brown in the deal, to make it more realistic looking, but Brown just supposedly trashed Kyrie on Instagram, so he would have to go.

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2019, 12:03:09 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Paul and Harden reportedly loathe each other so Paul may be on the way out therefore they would "only" need 2 balls.
True. But I doubt anybody takes that CP3 contract. They will have to figure out a way to coexist next season or trade Harden for another superstar or 2 stars and hope they don't end up hating CP3.

Offer Brown, Hayward, and Memphis pick for Harden. Both Kyrie and Horford decide to stay. Starting lineup of Irving, Harden, Tatum, Horford, and Baynes. Hey, a delusional boy can dream  ;D. Would have switched Tatum for Brown in the deal, to make it more realistic looking, but Brown just supposedly trashed Kyrie on Instagram, so he would have to go.
Talk about an inconsistent effort on defence from a back-court!

Plus, that Memphis pick has turned to even more gold. Who knows what Harden would do under Brad
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2019, 12:07:33 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62

That's probably the only scenario I would want Irving back right now. Never thought I would like the Idea of Harden in a celtics Jersey. But this team probably competes for a title with GSW out of the equation. You made me think about this
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2019, 12:16:41 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

That's probably the only scenario I would want Irving back right now. Never thought I would like the Idea of Harden in a celtics Jersey. But this team probably competes for a title with GSW out of the equation. You made me think about this

Irving wants to play with another star player, and would rather be Robin than Batman. Plus Irving gets paid too.

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2019, 12:21:23 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
This article contains two suggested trades btwn the Cs and Houston. Why the heck would the Cs want Chris Paul?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2841735-realistic-trades-we-could-see-on-nba-draft-night
what a lot of crappy deals in that article.  the 2 with the C's would be heavily reliant on Danny taking an overdose of Stupid pills.   An overpay for Capela and then another deal where we take on Chris Paul's deal with no extra compensation coming to us?  author is an idiot.

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2019, 12:27:54 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

what a lot of crappy deals in that article.  the 2 with the C's would be heavily reliant on Danny taking an overdose of Stupid pills.   An overpay for Capela and then another deal where we take on Chris Paul's deal with no extra compensation coming to us?  author is an idiot.

ROFL love comments like this, TP!!