Author Topic: Next best big for Brads system has to be like AL  (Read 2917 times)

Next best big for Brads system has to be like AL
« on: June 19, 2019, 11:04:32 AM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Man what a bummer.....   Al leaving is worse than Kyrie.   

I really would like to see Ainge kick the tires on DC.    He is a great passing man like AL.   Could be the guy we need.  Can you imagine the DC of 2015/2016/2017? 

Smart
Brown
Tatum
Hayward
DC

Bench of

Baynes
Wiliams
Semi
Yab

Possibly Terry/Morris
Diggles

Re: Next best big for Brads system has to be like AL
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 11:07:23 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
If the Celtics signed Boogie for a 2-year big money deal, I wouldn't mind it.

Knowing Danny, though, it seems more than likely that he'll sign a bunch of "B/B+" level vets to short term deals so that the Celtics have cap space for the summer of 2021.

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 11:09:54 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
No.   

If this was a vet team, maybe.

But not with a young team where players are still learning the NBA.   

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 11:23:09 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'd like to take a gamble on Meyers Leonard. He won't turn 28 until February of next year. He has an $11.2 million contract tied to him which expires next year, not too hard to acquire.

He had great games against Golden State in the ECF, mainly shooting threes. Now I'm not saying he can keep replicating those career games, but that's his ability, and he can fit in just well.

And the good thing about it is he's probably easy to acquire. Portland has a glut of big men with Jusuf Nurkic, Zach Collins and him battling for minutes at the C/PF spot, and they need help upgrading their wings. Maybe if we take his salary for, say, Semi Ojeleye and a 2nd, we could get him?

I don't know...

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 11:24:29 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
If Stevens couldn't control the locker room this year, no way he can handle Cousins as a center piece.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 11:27:24 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
They'll need to draft that player, because there's really no guy out there who can do what Al does who is going to be available to the Celts anytime soon.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 11:36:26 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
I'd like to take a gamble on Meyers Leonard. He won't turn 28 until February of next year. He has an $11.2 million contract tied to him which expires next year, not too hard to acquire.

He had great games against Golden State in the ECF, mainly shooting threes. Now I'm not saying he can keep replicating those career games, but that's his ability, and he can fit in just well.

And the good thing about it is he's probably easy to acquire. Portland has a glut of big men with Jusuf Nurkic, Zach Collins and him battling for minutes at the C/PF spot, and they need help upgrading their wings. Maybe if we take his salary for, say, Semi Ojeleye and a 2nd, we could get him?

I don't know...

A Brook Lopez wannabe center. Shoot 3s and do little else. Spread the floor and stay out of the way.

Leonard is more mobile than Brook and has legit size. He could be a capable defender if he played with more effort.

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 11:42:29 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
What's Indiana doing with Turner and Sabonis? I'd take either of them!

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 11:46:03 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Man what a bummer.....  Al leaving is worse than Kyrie.   

I really would like to see Ainge kick the tires on DC.    He is a great passing man like AL.   Could be the guy we need.  Can you imagine the DC of 2015/2016/2017? 

Smart
Brown
Tatum
Hayward
DC

Bench of

Baynes
Wiliams
Semi
Yab

Possibly Terry/Morris

Yep, this is much much worse than Kyrie leaving. We would be as good or better without Kyrie, we are a lottery team without Al.

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 12:01:43 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Closest thing to Al right now on the Celtics horizon is Gordon Hayward.  Minus the 3 pt. percentage and some serious size and strength.  But, passing wise he is Horford's replacement. 

Just ditch the upfakes and the drive and dish Gordon!!  Don't be Scalabrine part 2 on the floor! 
Sorry Scal!! 

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 12:04:26 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I've made the case that Jontay Porter is very similar to Al Horford.  I think we should take him at 22, even if he can't play until later in the season due to rehab of knee.  Great BBIQ, quick 3 point shot release, great passer, decent defender, not supremely athletic, but neither was Al.

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 12:14:28 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I don't know...

A Brook Lopez wannabe center. Shoot 3s and do little else. Spread the floor and stay out of the way.

Leonard is more mobile than Brook and has legit size. He could be a capable defender if he played with more effort.

He's still just 27 years old, and it might not be too late to turn it around for him.

At the very least, it's a decent gamble. If it didn't work, we just choose not to resign him.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 12:22:10 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Kevon Looney anyone?

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2019, 12:26:06 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I don’t think our next big necessarily has to be like Al.  I always thought Al worked best next to another true big like Baynes, not someone like Marcus Morris masquerading as a big. 

If we are going with a Tatum, Hayward, Brown lineup more often with Hayward initiating much of the offense I think we’ll need more of a rim protector that is a terrific rebounder,  not Cousins. 

Like a Clippers version of Jordan I guess.

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2019, 12:26:43 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406

I don't know...

He's still just 27 years old, and it might not be too late to turn it around for him.

At the very least, it's a decent gamble. If it didn't work, we just choose not to resign him.

Yeah, I'd be fine with him so long as we give up nothing of value for him. I think he is a career bench big. Just too limited and one dimensional to be a starter. But he'd be fine as a stop-gap starter for Boston for the next year or two.

It's a pity. He had the raw talent to be so much more. Such a lazy player. And afraid of physicality. What a waste of size.