Author Topic: Jazz (28-30) at Celtics (35-25) Game #61 2/29/16  (Read 44405 times)

Re: Jazz (28-30) at Celtics (35-25) Game #61 2/29/16
« Reply #435 on: February 29, 2016, 10:31:52 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Hood is better than I thought. Shot the ball poorly but showed better quickness and handle then I was expecting.

Hood vs Young

Hood is quicker - surprised. Thought Young would be the better athlete.

Hood is a better shooter - they both were good shooters in college. Only one has shot well in the NBA.

Hood has the better handle. Thought the one knock on Hood would be his inability to create off the dribble but he's been decent.

« Reply #436 on: February 29, 2016, 10:33:34 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
What's that about Bradley not being able to defend taller guards? 

Because he just destroyed a 6'8" Gordon Hayward right there

Oh please. One play and all the sudden that's going to change everyone's minds on a player? Yeah right.

Take the Thunder-Warriors game on Saturday night. Some no name hack called Stephen Curry hit a 40-ft 3 pointer with a hand in his face just before the buzzer. Just because that guy Curry hit a lucky shot doesn't automatically make him a shooting legend. I mean seriously, what has that guy Curry ever done in the NBA?

Bradley has played outstanding defense on bigger guards a number of times in the past, and that's not only the huge defensive plays on D Wade over the years either.

People base everything on physical - they go around saying Bradley can't defend bigger guards, but he's always done a perfectly find job if it.  People just assume that because he's only 6'3" he can't defend 6'5" guys. 

Bradley has very long arms and is extremely athletic with a never ending motor.  He's perfectly fine.

He has had his fair share of problems with Afflalo this year.

« Reply #437 on: February 29, 2016, 10:44:45 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

Oh please. One play and all the sudden that's going to change everyone's minds on a player? Yeah right.

Take the Thunder-Warriors game on Saturday night. Some no name hack called Stephen Curry hit a 40-ft 3 pointer with a hand in his face just before the buzzer. Just because that guy Curry hit a lucky shot doesn't automatically make him a shooting legend. I mean seriously, what has that guy Curry ever done in the NBA?

Bradley has played outstanding defense on bigger guards a number of times in the past, and that's not only the huge defensive plays on D Wade over the years either.

People base everything on physical - they go around saying Bradley can't defend bigger guards, but he's always done a perfectly find job if it.  People just assume that because he's only 6'3" he can't defend 6'5" guys. 

Bradley has very long arms and is extremely athletic with a never ending motor.  He's perfectly fine.

The line about Curry was the give-away. I completely agree that Avery Bradley is capable of holding his own against bigger guys.

« Reply #438 on: February 29, 2016, 10:48:55 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
The Bradley block was great.  He actually went for Haywards spin but just was so crazy quick to challenge the shot after.  Really amazing play.

I liked Mickey.  He guy can really time his challenges to shots.   I thought he was active on offense.

Zeller was better than he has been in some recent games but I would not mind seeing more Mickey.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #439 on: February 29, 2016, 11:01:40 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
I absolutely love this team. That play Amir made on AB's free throw miss just symbolizes this Celtic season. Amir wanted that rebound THAT much more than Gobert did. This Celtic team almost always wants it more than the other team. Were 11 games above .500, good for 3rd in the East, and we have a top 5 lottery pick coming our way in June.

Let me say that one more time. Were a top 3 team in the East, with almost every player under the aGe of 28, including a whole slew of players just coming into their primes, with a top 5 pick in the draft and cap space for two max level FA's. This has to be my favorite season since at least. 2010 if not 2008.

« Reply #440 on: February 29, 2016, 11:06:47 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Thats one of the best blocks Ive ever seen. Im sure Im over reacting but he just smothered a player with a 6 inch height advantage on a shot thats pretty much designed to be unblockable.

Naw, this one on Wade was better  ;)

TP for sharing this so I can watch it 100 times.  I didn't even care they made a 3 off the rebound it was so monstrous.

« Reply #441 on: February 29, 2016, 11:15:55 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
I absolutely love this team. That play Amir made on AB's free throw miss just symbolizes this Celtic season. Amir wanted that rebound THAT much more than Gobert did. This Celtic team almost always wants it more than the other team. Were 11 games above .500, good for 3rd in the East, and we have a top 5 lottery pick coming our way in June.

Let me say that one more time. Were a top 3 team in the East, with almost every player under the aGe of 28, including a whole slew of players just coming into their primes, with a top 5 pick in the draft and cap space for two max level FA's. This has to be my favorite season since at least. 2010 if not 2008.
The media doesn't get it yet.  The key players are all improving to the point where guys like Turner, Crowder and even Sully are a little better than 'rotation' players now.  All of these guys could be considered legitimate NBA starters. (even though Turner doesn't start - he's still one of Brad's top 5)  And IT has turned into an all star.  This is a good team - right now.

« Reply #442 on: February 29, 2016, 11:42:17 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

The line about Curry was the give-away. I completely agree that Avery Bradley is capable of holding his own against bigger guys.

haha my bad, I kinda skimmed over your reply (at work so I'm rushed a little) and missed the punchline! :D

« Reply #443 on: March 01, 2016, 12:03:02 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I'm on the FREE Mickey bandwagon... :)

100% :)

Kid has undeniable talent.  He hasn't only dominated the D-League, but every time he has stepped onto an NBA court and gotten at least a minute or two of playing time, he's done something productive with his time.  Either he's blocked a shot, grabbed a nice rebound, finished a nice lob pass with a dunk, gotten a nice finish around the basket...he always finds a way to do something. 

I get the feeling he's going to be really nice player.  If he develops into a double-double guy with 2-3 blocks a game I would not be surprised at all.

He looks like he could very easily follow in the footsteps of guys like Ibaka, Whiteside and Gobert (guys taken late in the draft who emerged as really capable defensive bigs). 

Think of the way everybody bags out Ainge for drafting Olynyk over Gobert...I could picture opposing team's fans criticising their GM's in the future for taking PlayerX over Jordan Mickey.

The media doesn't get it yet.  The key players are all improving to the point where guys like Turner, Crowder and even Sully are a little better than 'rotation' players now.  All of these guys could be considered legitimate NBA starters. (even though Turner doesn't start - he's still one of Brad's top 5)  And IT has turned into an all star.  This is a good team - right now.

I would go so far as to say that Crowder is emerging as somewhere in between a good starter and a star with the way he has played this season.  He reminds me a lot of Kawhi Leonard with the way he is playing this year:

* Tough mentality with high motor
* Started off being known for defense, but then slowly starting to prove he can contribute on both ends
* Quickly turning from a nobody into a top 2 player on a really good team

I see Crowder as one of those "stars who aren't stars" players.  He doesn't put up star numbers, but he impacts the game just as much as All-Stars do.

Even Bradley has (IMHO) been better than ever this year.  He still has his bad games, but he seems to be far more consistent than ever before, and much more confident with his handle and passing.

Thomas has emerged as an absolute beast and possibly a top 5 PG.

Amir and Smart continue to be the guys who makes huge game winning plays on a nightly basis, despite not putting up great individual stats.

Olynyk's development as a shooter and defender has been a revelation.  Turner is starting to look like an All-Star at times...and that's starting to happen far more consistently.  Sully, when he plays within himself, has been fantastic.

Zeller has been great in the sparse minutes he's played. 

Yet other than Amir, every guy I just listed is at most 24-25 years old and still getting better. 

This team has a lot of talent.  I really think we are one piece (if it's the right piece) away from being a serious contender.   

« Reply #444 on: March 01, 2016, 12:29:59 AM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Danny pleaee help Brad.   He's  addicted.    Say NO to Zeller.   Say NO to Jerebko.   Just say NO.

hey! zeller had like 2 good plays tonight
and 10 points with 6 rebounds. he is what he is...a backup center.

Maybe 3rd string centre.   A few good plays doesn't make up for the all the times he's failed.   Mickey was better.   

« Reply #445 on: March 01, 2016, 07:11:11 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I thought Sully shot poorly but he shot well in the fourth when the game was on the line.   Prior to that he was 2-10.  He made 2 clutch shots that kept us alive.

Say NO to Zeller. Say NO to Jerebko. 

Jonas plays solid D.  But I agree Zeller has to go.  Jonas also shoots .41% from 3 P land.  He is just fine as a reserve.  CBS likes him because he can guard three positions.

I want to see more Mickey too.   He has done well in the small sample we have seen.   I think we are taking a look at Zeller to see if we keep him.

« Reply #446 on: March 01, 2016, 08:44:49 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Now, I'm not going to say that this is because Mickey played 7 minutes... but

we had more blocks tonight than any game since 2013. #FREEMICKEY
actually you have the causal arrow reversed. mickey managed to get blocks because the others guys did.  ;)

Mike and Tommy said it was actually since 2009! I believe since we haven't had legitimate threats to block shots since a healthy duo of KG/Perk.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #447 on: July 28, 2016, 05:05:30 AM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Games like this is what Mickey can bring, GO CELTICS!!!