Author Topic: Boston Celtics vs Houston Rockets Scrimmage #3 7/28/20  (Read 14880 times)

Re: Boston Celtics vs Houston Rockets Scrimmage #3 7/28/20
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2020, 09:49:39 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Houston play like 5-out Pro-Am teams do in 2K
It's disgusting to watch.
Amplified by it being hard to stop
By the end of our bench, sure. We'll see when they have to face an actual team like the Lakers or Clippers.
I guess I more mean Harden specifically. Unstoppable offensive force
Hopefully we see another patented Har_en chokes in the playoffs. Something like 2/13 from 3, and 10 turnovers in a vital playoff game?
We might, but given the attention Westbrook draws, especially with how well he was going before the shutdown, Harden might have more space than ever before as a Rocket
I hope not. Rather see Lebron and the Fakers get another ring than this awful brand of basketball.
Definitely disagree. I'd much rather see Harden and Westbrook win. Harden is underappreciated, and I appreciate Westbrook's fire. Literally anyone but LeBron, let alone LeBron on the most despicable franchise.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2020, 09:50:50 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
What has Brad learned in this game that will be helpful for the playoffs?  I kind of annoyed at not seeing rotation players tonight.
Yeah, gotta say I don't get it either. Feels like we should be tuning up our starters, right?
I would have thought the starters could have used some work tonight but I guess this was to help build the bench's confidence?  only takeaway I can see coming from this

« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2020, 09:53:11 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
By the end of our bench, sure. We'll see when they have to face an actual team like the Lakers or Clippers.
Hopefully we see another patented Har_en chokes in the playoffs. Something like 2/13 from 3, and 10 turnovers in a vital playoff game?
We might, but given the attention Westbrook draws, especially with how well he was going before the shutdown, Harden might have more space than ever before as a Rocket
I hope not. Rather see Lebron and the Fakers get another ring than this awful brand of basketball.
Definitely disagree. I'd much rather see Harden and Westbrook win. Harden is underappreciated, and I appreciate Westbrook's fire. Literally anyone but LeBron, let alone LeBron on the most despicable franchise.
I really dislike Lebron, so that should tell you how much I hate Harden. My least favorite player of all time to watch. No way he's underappreciated with how many times he's ghosted in the playoffs.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2020, 09:56:52 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I really dislike Lebron, so that should tell you how much I hate Harden. My least favorite player of all time to watch. No way he's underappreciated with how many times he's ghosted in the playoffs.
Ha, fair enough, to each their own.

I think he definitely is underappreciated. Three finishes in the top-2 of the MVP race (IMO has an argument for being robbed of 1 MVP), and is only behind LBJ in this one because of the media hype. He's been better than Bron on both ends this season. He definitely has struggled in the playoffs before, but I feel like that's to be expected given how their teams have been constructed.

« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2020, 09:58:10 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

I think this Houston team could give the Lakers a run for their money. Lakers love to play big, but the rockets love to shoot threes and Lakers may have a hard time defending that.

They are toast against the cippers tho, those guys can play small better than the Rockets can, and the Rockets dont have a counter.

« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2020, 09:59:03 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Houston fans are going nuts....oh...that's right.

« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2020, 09:59:09 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I think this Houston team could give the Lakers a run for their money. Lakers love to play big, but the rockets love to shoot threes and Lakers may have a hard time defending that.

They are toast against the cippers tho, those guys can play small better than the Rockets can, and the Rockets dont have a counter.
The Clippers are the worst matchup for the Rockets. Two great wing defenders and a great guard defender, alongside great offensive forces and an interior nightmare in Harrell.

« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2020, 09:59:23 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Tacko should shoot underhanded FT's

« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2020, 09:59:53 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Ikr, anybody but the Lakers. We lose our identity as a franchise if they get another title before us. I can't believe the Lakers managed to get Lebron and AD. I am all for an injury to one of them (not career-threatening).

« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2020, 10:00:19 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Have you seen his supporting cast?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2020, 10:01:33 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
What has Brad learned in this game that will be helpful for the playoffs?  I kind of annoyed at not seeing rotation players tonight.
Yeah, gotta say I don't get it either. Feels like we should be tuning up our starters, right?
I would have thought the starters could have used some work tonight but I guess this was to help build the bench's confidence?  only takeaway I can see coming from this
Maybe, but is that so important with 8 games to go until the playoffs in a completely new format?

Not sure about Brad, but I’ll tell you what I learned: This team has no center depth, none whatsoever.

« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2020, 10:02:18 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

Although I don't know how the Rockets are gonna defend AD. He's gonna feast on this Rockets team in a playoffs series.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2020, 10:05:18 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I'd never picture that we would ever get to see the Red Maine Claws vs the Rockets.

Good thing, I got cheap seats  :P
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2020, 10:05:41 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Maybe, but is that so important with 8 games to go until the playoffs in a completely new format?

Not sure about Brad, but I’ll tell you what I learned: This team has no center depth, none whatsoever.
I don't mind our big depth tbh. Theis-Kanter-Williams isn't too bad for me. I also don't see many teams where big man depth is a strength. The Lakers are the obvious one, and I guess Toronto with Ibaka off the bench, but eh.

« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2020, 10:07:45 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Although I don't know how the Rockets are gonna defend AD. He's gonna feast on this Rockets team in a playoffs series.
AD did wreck the Rockets in the one game he played against them, but they lost as Westbrook dropped 40 on them. That's only going to get worse without AB. Danny Green can't defend both Harden and Westbrook