Author Topic: Consider Checking Injury Status before buying tickets  (Read 905 times)

Consider Checking Injury Status before buying tickets
« on: February 28, 2020, 08:22:17 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Last night I drove approximately 200 miles round-trip expecting to see Tacko Fall play in Portland Maine. Turned out he didn't play because he had an ingrown toenail removed on Wednesday. I read a report indicating he is expected to play on Saturday.

There may have been a report somewhere on Tacko's procedure. I didn't see it though. It was major disappointment to drive all that way and finding out that he wasn't available to play. Evidently, this was a game day decision. Thus, it didn't make the NBA injury report. You can check that report on this site.  http://www.espn.com/nba/injuries

My recommendation for those buying last-minute tickets expecting to watch one of your favorite players. First check the the Team's injury report. It wouldn't have mattered in my case, but might be something worth considering in the future.

What makes it tougher to make these ticket buying decisions is that it's getting closer to playoff time and coaches are giving players more rest days off. 

Re: Consider Checking Injury Status before buying tickets
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 08:26:32 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'm sorry.  That sucks. 

That's real tough when you have game day decisions while incorporating that travel.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Re: Consider Checking Injury Status before buying tickets
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 08:29:20 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm sorry.  That sucks. 

That's real tough when you have game day decisions while incorporating that travel.
My brother and I were ecstatic when the whole team played in OKC when we drove down there.

Just the luck of the draw. Last Celtics game I went to was OKC 2016 and KD and Ibaka were out. Before that it was 2009 in March and KG was hurt obviously  :(.