Author Topic: Becoming the 3rd team in the Ariza/Oubre deal  (Read 2642 times)

Re: Becoming the 3rd team in the Ariza/Oubre deal
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2018, 01:35:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't get the why for Boston. With Smart, Brown, Tatum and Hayward in front of Oubre at the wing, what he gets is Semi's minutes, which is 11 minutes a game and a bunch of DNP-CDs.

I would concentrate on doing a trade to get below the luxury tax. Try to do something to void Bird's contract after the league handles things. Then do what you can to offload enough salary to get under the tax. It is seriously going to cost the owners a ton of money in the future for being a measly couple million over the tax line and triggering the repeater tax one year earlier.

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2018, 02:22:16 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Looks like Ariza is going to DC for Rivers and Oubre

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-wizards-trading-austin-rivers-kelly-oubre-phoenix-trevor-ariza-164659885.html

Like this for Suns if they re-sign Oubre. Kid can shoot.

Kelly Oubre is career 32% three point shooter. He's shooting a whopping 31% this season. Have people watched him play?

Yeah I wouldn't say he's a scary shooter but he can already play pretty well, and he's young with upside.  Not sure what he's gonna cost, but he could be a young rotation guy for them.  Ariza never made sense and now at least they got something for the effort. 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2018, 02:27:27 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-wizards-trading-austin-rivers-kelly-oubre-phoenix-trevor-ariza-164659885.html

Kelly Oubre is career 32% three point shooter. He's shooting a whopping 31% this season. Have people watched him play?

That surprises me. He always seems to shoot well vs us. Plus Wiz announcers were talking about how hot he had been lately. Thx.

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2018, 03:21:21 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Yeah I wouldn't say he's a scary shooter but he can already play pretty well, and he's young with upside.  Not sure what he's gonna cost, but he could be a young rotation guy for them.  Ariza never made sense and now at least they got something for the effort.

I agree he'll be a rotation guy for them, but I do think some are overrating him. Hes not a foundation piece, but a guy you bring in when your core is already in place. He's a good defender, when hes engaged which isn't really often enough. Offensively, he's a bit of a black hole but he's at least improved his finishing at the rim. He reminds me a bit of Jordan Clarkson in that sense.

This is a solid deal for both sides.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2018, 03:26:07 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Oubre's reputation sharply exceeds his numbers but I haven't watched enough of that godawful team to really say why. But I think a lot of is it that he's just streaky.

He just turned 23 though, so still plenty of time to reach any higher potential.